Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-19-2020, 01:14 AM   #1
getheroff
Minors (Single A)

Massive Change in Team Budget Overnight

I'm 11 years into my MN Twins Challenge Mode dynasty. Over thousands of hours, I have slowly built my team into a powerhouse, winning several WS during this time. With success and slow increases to ticket prices, I had built my budget to $204 million, despite having a penny-pinching owner (and believe me the Pohlads really are ). Through immense fiscal discipline, I had recently cleared enough budget space to sign my 28-year-old ace to a 7-year extension at about $27 million a year. This was my first big salary extension in Twins history.

To the problem; I recently had a player approach me about supporting his community outreach efforts. I elected to "Set-up Charity". This was about 3 weeks ago in game time. Today (September 2, 2027 in game time), I clinched the Central and I have a great chance to win the WS...and, to my great chagrin, when I looked at my financials I saw that next year's expected budget nose-dived by $18M to $186M...literally overnight. Digging into the numbers, I noticed that my media market size went from "Above Average" to "Below Average", which accounts for about $7M of the decline, but the other $11M is a mystery to me. My fan interest did tick up from 98 to 100; but I am suddenly deep in the red for next year.

Will this self-correct at some time in the near future? If not, is this Working as Designed? If so, this needs to be addressed. There was no explanation as to what selecting "Start a Charity" would be, except a "($)" sign.

I am frankly in a state of shock. I have spent many hours working on this dynasty and I feel like it has really been screwed up. Moreover, because this is Challenge Mode, there apparently is no way to fix this or undo this. I realize that this is "just a game"; but after investing so much time over the years I am frankly angry. This should be fixed/improved, to provide much better visibility as to what the impact of your decision(s) might be....
getheroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 04:56 PM   #2
tejdog1
All Star Starter

One of my Mets dynasties had it's budget go from ~235m to ~40m overnight lol.
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:32 AM   #3
TomVeal
All Star Starter

Did your revenue by any chance fall? Owners will often cut the next year's budget in response. I've had that happen to my teams often enough.

It may be, of course, that the owner suffered an expensive divorce, and SEC investigation into his other business activities or some other misfortune that led him to milk the team for cash.
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:30 AM   #4
getheroff
Minors (Single A)

No, revenue has been on a steady upward trajectory. On pace for record attendance and revenue collection.

Must be the divorce...
Old 01-20-2020, 10:45 PM   #5
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

You're winning too much. Fans get bored unless there's the drama of a possible loss.
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 01:09 PM   #6
getheroff
Minors (Single A)

Ah, maybe the game upping the old difficulty level, eh? Could be...nothing like being $20M in the red to make you put your thinking cap on.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:20 PM   #7
CBeisbol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad K View Post
You're winning too much. Fans get bored unless there's the drama of a possible loss.
I don't know if this is true (as in, it's a part of the game), but if you want to know why your budget fell, it's important to know what else changed. As others have said, was it revenue, a new expense, etc...
CBeisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:20 PM   #8
redranger
All Star Reserve

Massive Change in Team Budget Overnight

I am also curious as to what the “setup charity” email is all about. I am entering my seventh season in my fictional league and had that very email last night

Problem is that it does not tell you the impact if you choose to either setup or donate to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 06:27 AM   #9
walton19
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by getheroff View Post
I'm 11 years into my MN Twins Challenge Mode dynasty. Over thousands of hours, I have slowly built my team into a powerhouse, winning several WS during this time. With success and slow increases to ticket prices, I had built my budget to $204 million, despite having a penny-pinching owner (and believe me the Pohlads really are ). Through immense fiscal discipline, I had recently cleared enough budget space to sign my 28-year-old ace to a 7-year extension at about $27 million a year. This was my first big salary extension in Twins history.

To the problem; I recently had a player approach me about supporting his community outreach efforts. I elected to "Set-up Charity". This was about 3 weeks ago in game time. Today (September 2, 2027 in game time), I clinched the Central and I have a great chance to win the WS...and, to my great chagrin, when I looked at my financials I saw that next year's expected budget nose-dived by $18M to $186M...literally overnight. Digging into the numbers, I noticed that my media market size went from "Above Average" to "Below Average", which accounts for about $7M of the decline, but the other $11M is a mystery to me. My fan interest did tick up from 98 to 100; but I am suddenly deep in the red for next year.

Will this self-correct at some time in the near future? If not, is this Working as Designed? If so, this needs to be addressed. There was no explanation as to what selecting "Start a Charity" would be, except a "($)" sign.

I am frankly in a state of shock. I have spent many hours working on this dynasty and I feel like it has really been screwed up. Moreover, because this is Challenge Mode, there apparently is no way to fix this or undo this. I realize that this is "just a game"; but after investing so much time over the years I am frankly angry. This should be fixed/improved, to provide much better visibility as to what the impact of your decision(s) might be....
same thing happened and my revenue fell
walton19 is offline   Reply With Quote