Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-21-2014, 06:23 PM   #1
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

14 or 15? Which one

Hello,I am trying to decide if I should get OOTP 15 or 14, I am hearing about some bugs on 15 that apparently are not on OOTP. If I get either one of these, they will be played on the Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet. Has anyone tried this before? I just wanted to know about any big bugs with the tablet and the game. I really want to get the game, but I don't have the money to get a laptop or a desktop, besides, the tablet is portable. Thanks for your concerns and thoughts.

Dkelley
Dkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:31 PM   #2
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
15 bugs are always in every game then they just release patch for them no Biggy

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #3
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

Ok thanks so much!!
Old 04-21-2014, 06:47 PM   #4
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

v15. Much has been made of the exterior of v15., but don't underestimate the improvements "under the hood" (AI, player creation, legacy issues, various refinements). Markus never releases a half-baked version. Each one is a significant upgrade, IMO.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:12 PM   #5
sdf4977
Minors (Rookie Ball)

15 looks great so I'd say 15 with all the new stuff added it is great
sdf4977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:31 PM   #6
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I preordered because I'm a glutton for punishment, but I'd wait for patch #2 myself if I hadn't.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:49 PM   #7
Grafton19
Major Leagues

15.. I actually didn't play 14 much because of that bug mid summer that took forever to patch and I was having a great season and had to restart.

I am rolling with it for now and if Patch 2 really makes a difference then I will start over, but only if it's a huge fix
Grafton19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:51 PM   #8
sandman2575
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
I preordered because I'm a glutton for punishment, but I'd wait for patch #2 myself if I hadn't.

I have to agree. I don't regret preordering 15, but I'm a little surprised at the seemingly broad consensus that 15 is already a significant leap ahead of 14. I've actually gone back to 14 -- I prefer how it looks -- a lot, it turns out -- and after 7 plus patches, 14 is solid as a rock.

14 is still a tremendous game. I'm not saying pass on 15, but IMO 14 still has a lot to recommend it.
sandman2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:54 PM   #9
rdomico
All Star Reserve

I've played OOTP 15 on a Dell Venue 8 Pro and it worked, but I only tried for a short time.
rdomico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:23 AM   #10
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

14. You can get a really good deal on it right now. It is totally awesome. 14 has better UI, better face-gen, and apparently, is more stable. Unless you are completely dying for amateurish 3-D ballparks & international leagues (which you could make yourself, if you really wanted to) 14 is a much more polished product.

Just be patient. Get 15 after the 3rd-4th patch or when Stream discounts it. Don't feel bad for saving money, you're not hurting Markus. It sounds like he has had a banner year.

Last edited by Honorable_Pawn; 04-22-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:32 AM   #11
DeViLzzz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
14. You can get a really good deal on it right now. It is totally awesome. 14 has better UI, better face-gen, and apparently, is more stable. Unless you are completely dying for amateurish 3-D ballparks & international leagues (which you could make yourself, if you really wanted to) 14 is a much more polished product.

Just be patient. Get 15 after the 3rd-4th patch or when Stream discounts it. Don't feel bad for saving money, you're not hurting Markus. It sounds like he has had a banner year.
Thing is with 14 how much longer can you play in online leagues with it?
DeViLzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:53 AM   #12
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

If you're new to OOTP, I'd suggest buying 15, doing some historical things like season replays for your favorite team, until patch #3 or 4. By then, any major bugs (I haven't seen any posts in the forums about bugs that seriously concern me ... yet) and the MLB quickstart roster will have pretty much all player fixes by then.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:56 AM   #13
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViLzzz View Post
Thing is with 14 how much longer can you play in online leagues with it?
Excellent point. If I was the commissioner of an online league I would be very very careful about when I upgrade. It would be utterly irresponsible to switch too soon risking everyone's fun should something go wrong. Online leagues need to be especially careful.

So to answer your point existing long-term online leagues are not and should not be early adopters. Therefore, quite a while...later summerish.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:48 AM   #14
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

Ok thanks so much guys!! 😃😃