Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 12-09-2019, 03:15 PM   #561
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
I've been reporting on my Jumbled Times and Worlds one, at least, too. As far as the thing or things I said about Txranger and knuckler, for instance, I have to figure they must be considerably older than me, if they can remember at least the 1960's, if not also the 1950's or earlier, reasonably well. Also, seeing as my parents are both in their seventies now, I've seen that they often get tired earlier, and all, so they often try to take things easier at times, whenever they can. In fact, my mother will turn 73 next week.

To me, those who are at least twenty to thirty years older than me, more or less, are pretty old to me, often, I think. I was born in 1973, and I'll be turning 47 this next year, in truth, Lord willing.

I was trying to be kind in my comment or comments related to txranger and knuckler, at least, Eugene. They probably have much better things to do at times than to play or do things related to baseball games in their lives, I would figure, same as the rest of us. And people of any age, especially older people, often get tired and all more quickly, or something, for sure.

All that being said, however, perhaps my comments above could have been expressed with more care, if even expressed at all. Lord Jesus knows I'm not perfect, for sure. And He certainly knows my heart and all, of course.

As for me being politically correct, however, that's something I generally do not believe in, for multiple reasons. I always try to speak the truth in love, and all, or at least I hope I do. I'd rather be spiritually and morally correct in this nation and world than to be culturally and socially and politically correct, to be honest, so that I may do the Lord's will to the best of my own limited human ability while I still have the chance to do so, whenever possible, in this life.

If that means I upset any number of people, then it does. My ultimate goal in this life is to do the Lord's will as best as I can, whenever I can, while I am still allowed to live in this world of His, you see, Eugene. Will I make mistakes from time to time? Of course I will, for sure, whether I deliberately do so or not. But I still seek to do the Lord's will as often and as best as I can, I believe.

Take care, and may the Lord bless you and yours richly, as He may so desire, for sure, I hope, Eugene. By the way, I do really appreciate your friendship and your honesty, come to think of it. CD out.

Proverbs 16:7 KJV
Romans 12:18 KJV
Philippians 2:1-11 KJV

DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/clovidequano-dovatha

GBA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=316515

EC's IPA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=158631

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 12-09-2019 at 03:17 PM.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 03:30 PM   #562
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

As for me probably causing a lot of the problems earlier, I won't deny that might be true here, if not definitely true here. That is one reason I've kept myself from making more requests for a good while now, to be sure. I might need help, however, for certain teams or leagues in the near future, though, Eugene.

I have made dozens of uniforms already for various teams, and a few caps, at least, but still lack logos for a number of teams in various leagues and/or saved games. And their related leagues, come to think of it. I may have to revisit a few of my earlier requests or something, if I can't make or find graphics that would serve my needs and wishes well enough for certain teams and/or leagues, though.

I've been trying to figure out how to do some items for the Skavapersad Swallows and/or the Mizetanthani Serpents for a while, for instance, but I can't seem to get the looks right enough, I believe, for them. Whether it's the colors used for them or the patterns/looks for the teams in question, I still haven't been able to come up with looks that are suitable enough for me with them, if I'm not too mistaken here.

Also, I still haven't figured out how to properly center and angle the text for the sash on Poltragow's home uniform as needed and all, unfortunately, Eugene. Maybe someone else would have to help me do that somehow, I think, centering and angling Poets much like the New York Rangers angle their wordmark's diagonal text, for example, with the proper font.

But those things will have to be dealt with later, I think. At the current time, I'm trying to take care of other things that are requiring my attention more of late, for sure. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Old 12-09-2019, 04:07 PM   #563
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

CD, for important matters you should be truthful, but in OOTP circles, in unimportant hobbies, it is better to just be politically correct... or simple to say or post nothing... that is not a sin... in the Bible it is written, "A gentle answer turns away wrath"... make sure your answer or post is not offensive or negative... if it is, don't post it.

The Bible also says, "Be quick to listen and slow to answer"... think, before you post or say something... and don't do it if it is not a positive thing.

Be aware of what you are going to post... it should a fact... something you know to be true... it should be kind... and it should be necessary to post it... otherwise, just don't post it.

Stop thinking someone on the OOTP Forums is going to do your logos, jerseys and caps... it is highly unlikely that anyone will do them for you... or anyone else, for that matter... if you start posting requests for help on the Forums again, it will not be pleasant for you.

No one is going to tell you have to solve graphics problems either... they just don't do that in most cases.

Here is the best advice I can give you... don't post on the OOTP Forums asking for logos, jerseys and caps... and don't ask for graphics instruction.. you are not going to get them..

Advice #2:
Just plan your league in detail... name of the league... name of the subleagues, if any... number of teams needed... name and nicknames of the team... AND THEN...go to the forums and find logos, teams and jerseys that have already been done and use them... that way you will have quality work... be happy with that and not try to make your dream league come alive filled with logos, jerseys and caps all designed the way CD wants them.

Sorry, it ain't gonna happen... unless you get very good with a good graphics software and learn to use it... it is much easier to get Graphics that have already been done... and there are hundreds and hundreds of teams available.

Lately, I have been using a lot of low's teams for my leagues, the North Island and South Island leagues... also Lawn Loaf's teams... you could the same thing.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 12-09-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:08 PM   #564
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Okay, thank you for your input. If I were somehow actually able to fill other people's requests, however, with enough quality, do you think they'd eventually ask for more items from me, et cetera? Do you think they'd not be so afraid of what I might say and all here, if anything? Do you think they'd be more willing to check out my threads and all? Just wondering, that's all.

Of course, I know that, ultimately, only God will be able to change their hearts so that they aren't so afraid of me or anything I might say and do here, et cetera, if anyone can around here or anywhere else. And how will I know when He has done so enough, perhaps, in your view?

Seriously, though, I may still need some help from others around here, just the same, with certain items of mine, to be completely honest with you here. I don't know yet how much, and I don't know when, or how often, for sure. But I still think that it may be the case for me in the future, at least one more time, if not more than that, Eugene.

Thank you for mentioning those Bible sayings. I always try to live according to the Bible as best as I can, and try to keep my tongue bridled as much as I can, for sure. But seeing as I'm still in my mortal body with an inherent sinful nature to a degree, it's not always easy for me, given my current life circumstances, whatever those may be.

The tongue can be rather troublesome at times, for a definite certainty, when it comes to many people. It can cause trouble, or help eliminate it, depending on how it is used by a person in their life, quite often. Many wars in the past, even amongst family members, have no doubt started because people couldn't control that particular part of their bodies well enough at various times in their lives.

Will write more later, I'm sure, Lord willing, of course. Awaiting your next response here, as soon and as you choose to make it, as well, come to think of it. Thanks again for your honesty here, EC. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 12-10-2019, 11:08 AM   #565
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Some, if not many, of my teams are or will be from fictional nations, and the real world may not have cities and towns with certain names in them that those fictional nations might have, Eugene. I'll do what I can, of course, but for those teams, I still might need at least some help, even if I do use more common team nicknames, and all.

I often prefer the applicable teams' nicknames to be present on their home uniforms, at least, and the location name to be on their road/away jerseys, just as many real teams evidently do. No matter what country or countries those baseball teams are from, that is.

As far as low's Oceanside uniforms, for instance, I think I might be able to find a place for them, even if it's only as a college-level or high-school-level team in one of my fictional nations, in at least one of my games. Not sure yet, though, of course. As far as others, it's still too early to tell for them as well, come to think of it.

Will write more later, I'm sure, if possible, and if the Lord wills and all, of course. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 12-10-2019, 11:38 AM   #566
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
Okay, thank you for your input. If I were somehow actually able to fill other people's requests, however, with enough quality, do you think they'd eventually ask for more items from me, et cetera? Do you think they'd not be so afraid of what I might say and all here, if anything? Do you think they'd be more willing to check out my threads and all? Just wondering, that's all.

t.
CD, that is kind and generous of you to want to help people with their graphics... I would like to help, too, but the honest truth is that your work and my work is just average at the very best... no one wants what you and I do... my creations are too plain and simple... yours have weird colors and designs... they want creations and designs from txranger, low, lawn loaf and other skilled graphics folks.… me, too... that's why I use low and Lawn Loaf for my new teams... I just take teams that they create and fit them in my leagues... that's what you need to do, too... it really works well because I think the graphics in my Islandian Pro Alliance, North Island and South Island leagues are pretty darn good... I think that is a big part of why people look at my dynasty reports on a regular basis.

What do you personally think of the graphics in my dynasty leagues"... are they excellent, good, average or poor?

I read a lot of dynasty reports here on the Dynasty Forum that have good stories and good concepts, but they just use so-so graphics created by OOTP... that causes me to lose interest in them.

In my opinion, well-done logos, jerseys and caps make a big difference in Dynasty Reports... presentation and good writing are important, too.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 12-10-2019 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:47 AM   #567
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Would you be willing to perhaps try and help me with my reports? I could send you what I have whenever possible, and maybe you could help me try to put things better in posts related to certain dynasties and all, I think. I'm just wondering, that's all. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 12-10-2019, 12:00 PM   #568
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

If you ever want to post on the Forums again and not offend people, you are going to have to change your ways... and that is very, very, very hard for you to do... I know this from dealing with you the last year or so.
You don't follow my advice... if you would, perhaps one day, you might be able to post on the Forums and not offend or upset people like you do... I am your friend and you often even offend me... I know you don't do it on purpose, but you do.

Don't get your hopes up too high yet... you have a long way to go to get back on the Forums.

Maybe one day I will ask on the OOTP Forums if you can come back and post... I will tell them that you will just thank them for their work and help... that you will praise the good work and help and not post negative comments about their grammar, way of talking, age or point out their historical facts are not accurate or where they live... or that the word is "peace", not "piece" as you told me the other day.

All of these are what caused your problems... you will have to be on your best behavior to get back in the good graces of the Forums... you have offended too many people with too many graphics requests and too many complicated graphics requests that even the best graphics designers have trouble understanding.

If you would follow my advice, you might get back to where you could post on the Forums without people attacking you... it will be hard to get you back on... there are some people who will not forgive you and give you another chance, but there are some that would.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 12-10-2019 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:02 PM   #569
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Okay, thank you for your input. If I were somehow actually able to fill other people's requests, however, with enough quality, do you think they'd eventually ask for more items from me, et cetera?
CD, people will use your logos, jerseys and caps if you do them as well as txranger, low, Lawn Loaf and the other skilled graphics gurus.

You have certainly improved your graphics in the last six months, but they are not good enough for the average person to use in their leagues... they are too weird in designs and too weird in color coordination... your current taste in graphics will not appeal to most people... you are going to have to do graphics in a way that they like before they use them.

Get you a good free graphics software and really learn it so you can make good logos, jerseys and caps... then people may be asking you to do graphics for them.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 12-10-2019 at 10:31 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:33 PM   #570
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Would you be willing to perhaps try and help me with my reports? I could send you what I have whenever possible, and maybe you could help me try to put things better in posts related to certain dynasties and all, I think. I'm just wondering, that's all. CD out.
No, CD... I don't have the time to teach you in detail how to create a dynasty that people will follow... but I will give you general advice and suggestions.

Will you follow my advice and set up your dynasty league the way I tell you?... if you are not willing to do this, then it is a waste of my time.

I am not an expert on dynasty reports... I just post almost daily and some people follow them... I just know what works well for me.

I am willing to tell you how to set up a dynasty league... will you set it up the way I tell you?

Do you like my North Island and South Island Leagues and my reports?
Would you like to create something like them?
Old 12-10-2019, 12:50 PM   #571
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Let me think about your suggestions and all here, and get back to you. As far as those who you think may not forgive me, let's let God deal with them, as He sees fit, where He sees fit, et cetera, as He also works on me, as well.

I don't know if I'll ever be as good as the ones who have done the most popular work here, or the best quality work here, in terms of items produced and all, on average, to be honest, though. But one thing is certain, at least, or two things, anyway. One is that I always try to do the best I can with my items, and two, I try to be as original as I possibly can with each of them, where and when possible.

As far as the graphics in your dynasties, I think they are, at least for the most part, good to great, at least, on average. Some are much better than average, of course, while others, although I'm not quite sure just which ones, at the moment, could be prime candidates for improvement or rebranding. If not immediately, then perhaps soon, that is.

I know I have a long way to go, most likely, before any number of others might be willing to communicate more with me, if at all, here on the forums again to at least some degree. Others might not mind me commenting later on, but others certainly will, no doubt, for multiple reasons.

I'll get back to you later, if and when I can and all, I'm sure. Thanks for your friendship and all. Take care, and may God watch over you and protect you and all, of course, I hope, Eugene. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 12-10-2019, 12:56 PM   #572
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

The word narwhal's last syllable is typically pronounced like wall, I believe. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 12-10-2019, 11:38 PM   #573
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I now have some brand-new flags for Ethardius, Helvarta, and Zeelaca. Someone on another site made them for me. This will allow me to eventually add those nations to the mix of nations present in various games/dynasties for me, whether current or future ones, for sure. Supposing they import well and all, of course. Please stay tuned. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 12-13-2019, 01:52 AM   #574
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Use the rotate function in MS Paint, and that should help you, I think. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 12-13-2019, 01:54 AM   #575
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Remove all necessary text. rotate the present landmasses to the right. after resizing the work area as needed, and then re-add the needed text. Hope this helps. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 12-13-2019, 12:21 PM   #576
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Remove all necessary text. rotate the present landmasses to the right. after resizing the work area as needed, and then re-add the needed text. Hope this helps. CD out.
Thanks for the help, CD.

I will just leave it as it is... it is good enough for me... I don't want to spend another whole day reworking the map.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:39 PM   #577
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Tried to rotate it, but it will not do what I need... 90 degrees is all I can do... not sure of the math, but 45 degrees to the right is what I need.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:39 PM   #578
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Remove text. Grab area you wish to rotate. Make sure you set grabbed area as transparent. Resize area and rotate using horizontal and/or vertical skew. Then see if these suggestions help you orient things more to your preference. Please keep us posted on your progress. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 12-15-2019, 12:39 AM   #579
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Did you try this? If so, did it work for you? Just curious, that's all. CD out.

DeviantArt:

GBA:

EC's IPA:

Old 12-15-2019, 02:46 PM   #580
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Did you try this? If so, did it work for you? Just curious, that's all. CD out.
I don't want to have to redo the text... the map will serve my purposes even though it is not "perfect", which is the way I like things to be.

I think your suggestion would work, but it's not worth the trouble... but I do appreciate your help... it was good advice.

Thank you.