Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Online Leagues

OOTP 17 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 17 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 11-23-2016, 12:45 AM   #1
udbacker58
All Star Starter

Heartland Baseball League (Stats Only) With Openings

The Heartland Baseball League is a 16 team, semi-stats only, fictional league set in the Midwest. The league started in 1978 and we just finished the 2006 season. We play a balanced, interleague schedule(16/4) of 144 games beginning April 1 and ending in September. The top two teams in each league(North/South) complete in the playoffs for a shot at the Heartland Series. All major pitching and hitting ratings/potentials are hidden while the minor ones(fielding, speed, pitcher endurance) are available. Each team has three levels of minors and we boast a full feeder system of college and high school teams.

This league has been active since January 2013 and we still have several original owners. The commish does not run a team, just the league. We sim in the PM on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday and we sim 1/3 of a month at a time making each regular season complete in about six weeks. We then sim the offseason one month at a time so that they move rather quickly as well. There is no arbitration so players are eligible for free agency after four seasons in the bigs and they become minor league free agents after spending four years in the minors. There is also a $5 million salary cap. We still on OOTP17 for at least one more season.

Currently have two openings....

The Cedar Rapids Rebels are in need of direction. The collection of Hall of Fame players that led them to multiple titles and 12 playoff appearances in 14 seasons are all gone via free agency or no longer every day players. They have a few pieces, but poor drafts have left the farm system depleted.

The Silver Sox made their first post-season appearance in 25 years last year, in what was arguably the best season in franchise history (not really saying much there). They have some of the best young stars in the league, and picked up two very good hitters in their early 30s in free agency. They stumbled out of the gate, but should be a strong playoff contender for the near future at least.

Last edited by udbacker58; 07-17-2017 at 12:11 AM.
udbacker58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 02:27 AM   #2
bpbrooksy
Minors (Single A)

It'd be hard for me to give this league more of a glowing recommendation. Everything is solid from the top-down; it's always been run by a top-tier commissioner, there is plenty of game discussion on the forums, and the lack of major ratings really requires you to dig into your team. The result is a high level of immersion and dedication to the team for every single GM; it's why we rarely have much turnover.

Give it a look; we'd all love to have you! (And Greg Busby would love to hit homers off of you.)
bpbrooksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 09:22 AM   #3
BballDoc
Minors (Single A)

While I have not been in the league as long as some of the others, I can definitely say this is a great OOTP league. Spent several seasons waiting for an opening and jumped at the first chance. The league has a great commissioner who communicates very well, keeps things rolling but at the same time watches over the leagues well-being. My first experience with Stats-only and I like it so much I've converted to stats-only in my solo games as well. Plenty of forum discussion. The smaller league allows for a much "deeper dive" into the league's history, players and teams.

If you are looking for a OOTP league, I highly recommend.
BballDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:29 PM   #4
LivnLegend
Hall Of Famer

I've been in the league since day one and have to admit, it's been quite an addiction playing in a league without ratings. Hoping to see some eager new GMs applying to this league for continued strong growth!

No ratings/stars might seem daunting but my Bay City franchise has won three championships, which means pretty much anyone can do it!
Old 11-23-2016, 02:07 PM   #5
Ragin Cajun
All Star Starter

I've been in the league for a while and it was my first foray into a stats-only/semi-stats only league and I wasn't sure what to expect. It's been enjoyable to get acclimated to that, we've got a solid owner group and our newest commissioner has been a long time owner who vacated his team to take over the league and he's done a great job thusfar and don't expect anything else as we continue on.
Old 11-23-2016, 11:04 PM   #6
udbacker58
All Star Starter

Two openings filled, still two left. Don't miss this chance to get into a fictional league with a deep history!! Looking for GMs not afraid to take a risk in trades with these two remaining franchises. Right now either of them may be able to take a step forward with some teams looking to rebuild and the top playoff contenders likely up against the cap.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:19 AM   #7
udbacker58
All Star Starter

Bump for open team
Old 01-14-2017, 03:24 PM   #8
udbacker58
All Star Starter

Now full

Last edited by udbacker58; 01-18-2017 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:20 PM   #9
udbacker58
All Star Starter

Currently accepting applications for the following teams:

Rochester Reapers: The once hapless Reapers had a decade of strong teams from 1995-2002, but they could never get over the hump and made just two playoff appearances over those 8 seasons. In 2003 they took a step back, and the GM blew up the team in 2004, earning back-to-back last place finishes. After a glimmer of hope in 2006, the team has quickly sunk back into the bottom of the league thanks to bad luck (a top arm getting a career ending injury and solid free agent signing falling apart at 29) and some questionable moves, the team is in a bit of a tough spot. They have the 4th worst budget, only 4 players are ranked in the top 10 at their position (out of 16 teams), a number of contributors are due for extensions, and the farm system ranks 14th of 16. Got what it takes to turn this team around? Shoot me a PM today!
Old 05-15-2017, 07:49 PM   #10
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

As a former owner of Rochester, I can't pimp this league enough. Good commish, competitive GM's, crash course in Western Great Lake state geography, there's absolutely nothing to hate here. Get your ass in and make this team awesome!

PT22

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:28 AM   #11
udbacker58
All Star Starter

Thanks for the support Creed

Reapers have been filled and we're full up
Old 06-16-2017, 04:30 PM   #12
udbacker58
All Star Starter

Two of our GMs have had to step away due to work, one had been a GM for 18 in-game seasons

Who is ready to take on a semi-stats only challenge?
Old 06-16-2017, 05:55 PM   #13
gstrat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I would be interested in joining the league.
gstrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:40 AM   #14
udbacker58
All Star Starter

Bump
Old 06-22-2017, 11:45 PM   #15
udbacker58
All Star Starter

One team filled, still looking for one more.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:44 AM   #16
upthepunx
Bat Boy

I'm interested if there's still an opening
upthepunx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:11 AM   #17
udbacker58
All Star Starter

Bump. We had two GMs step down at the end of the first month of the season.