Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-26-2020, 08:58 PM   #1
happyharrell
Minors (Double A)

Pro/rel minors and draft

Looking around the forum I think I found one of the two answers I'm looking for, but wanting to confirm.

Looking to create a pro/rel league, but I want to have a mixed minor league system, i.e., minor league teams play in a traditional minor league system, and these teams don't move, regardless of where in the pro/rel ladder their parent team is playing.

Second, it sounds like I can hold a single draft for all these teams, but not everyone likes how the draft is handled. How exactly is said draft handled?

Essentially, think of pro baseball as it is now in real life, only the MLB is divided into a three tier pro/rel system. Would this function in OOTP XX?
happyharrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:59 PM   #2
cmaug
Major Leagues

you can do this if you create your por/rel leagues as one large league with the levels of minors that you want and then separate into the smaller leagues after creation

just need to create the new leagues with as few teams as possible, delete them and then move the teams you want accordingly

sim a few years and you're good to go
cmaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:04 PM   #3
andyhdz
All Star Starter

There is a pro rel quick start you can use that comes with the game.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 10:59 AM   #4
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
There is a pro rel quick start you can use that comes with the game.
It works pretty well. I have used it as a baseline a number of times, making tweaks that I prefer (I usually create divisions, rather than a straight EPL style table.) Sometimes play with other tweaks as well.

Let's Go Crew
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 11:01 PM   #5
happyharrell
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for the info, guys! I actually want to set something up basically like the example I gave: MLB and MILB, but break MLB into three tiers, so the pro/rel built in set up won't work.

I play mostly offline/solo and play out my games, so I like playing 54 game seasons: you can extrapolate stats times 3 to get "full season stats", so it's easy to calculate those in your head, and a 10 team league works perfectly: 3 game series home and away. I break them into three sets of 18 games with about a month between each, so a minor injury doesn't wreck half a player's season.

Appreciate the guidance!

Last edited by happyharrell; 02-27-2020 at 11:02 PM.
happyharrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 10:03 PM   #6
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

If you want all 3 tiers to share a draft pool you need to create a league association from the game menu which allows you to set some “global” rules like sharing a draft pool. This is after you create the three leagues. Don’t worry about the single minor league level until later, just setup your three leagues first. In league setup, once you’ve added the three leagues and set their structure (and minor league levels) you can setup the promotion/relegation rules.

Once all that is done you should be able to go into your minors league settings and “edit league structure”. Move all the minor league teams into one league, delete the 2 empty leagues (for each level) and make sure to generate a new schedule.

Don’t have the game in front of me, but 95% sure this should work.

Edit: Also, you can set the league reputation for your three tiers which will have an influence on where free agents want to play. I’d try something like 10, 7, 5.

Last edited by Ktulu; 02-28-2020 at 10:09 PM.
Ktulu is offline   Reply With Quote