Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 02-22-2020, 09:45 AM   #1
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
realistic high school - college player progression?

Quote:
Realistic high school, college, and junior college player progressions make draft classes more interesting - and authentic - than ever.
I'd like to hear more about this.

Is this an improvement for those that use feeder leagues?
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 10:25 AM   #2
low
Hall Of Famer

I'm wondering the same thing.
low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 10:30 AM   #3
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Yes, feeder leagues will benefit as well. Players can get tagged with their specific HS/College class year (Freshman/Sophomore/Junior/Senior), and you can set feeders to have players draft eligible according to their college year, not just based on age.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 10:43 AM   #4
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yes, feeder leagues will benefit as well. Players can get tagged with their specific HS/College class year (Freshman/Sophomore/Junior/Senior), and you can set feeders to have players draft eligible according to their college year, not just based on age.
Very cool, thanks Matt.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:43 PM   #5
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i have fictional dynasty league where i set up baseball academies instead of the traditional high school and college leagues. In the academies players can play as many of six seasons from age 16 to 21. How will that be affected by OOTP 21. Will i need to trash them?

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:03 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
i have fictional dynasty league where i set up baseball academies instead of the traditional high school and college leagues. In the academies players can play as many of six seasons from age 16 to 21. How will that be affected by OOTP 21. Will i need to trash them?
You don't have to use the systems - you still have the option to handle things the same way as now, where players simply age out. It just means they might be a "college senior" for a few seasons.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:26 PM   #7
ezpkns34
All Star Reserve

Quote:
It just means they might be a "college senior" for a few seasons.
Some may say that that counts as added realism
ezpkns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:29 PM   #8
TheSpider
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
How did you set up academies? Do you and AI teams battle to sign for recruiters?
TheSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:11 PM   #9
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpider View Post
How did you set up academies? Do you and AI teams battle to sign for recruiters?
i play in god mode. so i'm not competing with the ai. i just wanted to be able to follow the development of the players before they are drafted into the pros.

i just call them academies because i just want the development. i'm not worrying about recruiting and the ootp feeders don't exactly work like colleges in 20. In my imagination, when they sign it is the results of the recruitment.

But all i did was create feeder leagues and set the minimum and maximum ages to 16 and 21.

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

Last edited by Dark Horse; 02-23-2020 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:20 PM   #10
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You don't have to use the systems - you still have the option to handle things the same way as now, where players simply age out. It just means they might be a "college senior" for a few seasons.
Thanks for the response, one followup, with regard to the future draft class information, would a 19 year old player a that started playing when he was 16 be considered a member of the next draft class because OOTP 21 considers him a "senior" even if i have him not being eligible to be drafted until after age 21?

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds