Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-21-2020, 01:53 PM   #1
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

Transferring saves multiple versions old

Hey guys, I'm sure this question gets asked all the time but I can't seem to find the answer to it (sorry if this is the wrong place to post this). What's the best way to go about transferring saves from a game that's multiple versions old? I have OOTP 19, but not OOTP 20, but I'm planning on pre-ordering OOTP 21. Will I be able to transfer my saves?
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:04 PM   #2
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Yep just use the demo version of the game you don't own. This time being OTTP20.
For anyone else use the demo version of each game you don't own and transfer saves as far back as possible.

I have OOTP14 leagues I'll be updating
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 12:33 AM   #3
reme
Minors (Single A)

I'm not understanding if you are saying if you have ootp19 and want to add your save from that version to ootp21, you have to first download the ootp20 demo and transfer your save there and then from ootp20 to ootp 21 ?
you can't just transfer your ootp19 save direct to ootp 21 ?
thanks
reme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 07:16 AM   #4
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reme View Post
I'm not understanding if you are saying if you have ootp19 and want to add your save from that version to ootp21, you have to first download the ootp20 demo and transfer your save there and then from ootp20 to ootp 21 ?
you can't just transfer your ootp19 save direct to ootp 21 ?
thanks
Correct. To take a ootp19 file you would have to import the save into ootp20 demo version and then import into 21
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 03:13 PM   #5
reme
Minors (Single A)

Thank you for your help, i appreciate it !!
Old 02-23-2020, 01:50 PM   #6
reme
Minors (Single A)

One final question if i may. My current league is still in progress. can I transfer the save while in mid season or do i need to wait and transfer the save at the start of the next season ?
thanks again
Old 02-23-2020, 04:14 PM   #7
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

Ideally you want to do it in the off-season, but you can do it anytime. Nothing is going to break catastrophically. Just be aware that there could be AI changes that affect your league rosters and there could be other features that may cause changes.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:39 PM   #8
reme
Minors (Single A)

I thought that may be the case, that is why I asked. Thank you for the response and the info, I appreciate it !

Last edited by reme; 02-23-2020 at 06:49 PM.