Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 01-20-2020, 10:23 AM   #1
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

Season 44 (2062) - Discussion Thread

2062 is here.

Belfast has Nomads and Louisville in division the national team of Ireland is just trying to make the playoffs.

The Lou's made it to the perfect league after winning diamond league, however I was able to get preseason predictions... looks like we may be going back to the Diamond league in 2063.

Bears should win championship in their league (smile)
Attached Images

HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:33 AM   #2
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDodgers View Post
2062 is here.

Belfast has Nomads and Louisville in division the national team of Ireland is just trying to make the playoffs.

The Lou's made it to the perfect league after winning diamond league, however I was able to get preseason predictions... looks like we may be going back to the Diamond league in 2063.

Bears should win championship in their league (smile)
Is there a secret to getting preseason predictions? Its seems really random to me when i can get it or not. Haven't been able to the last three years now.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:35 AM   #3
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
Is there a secret to getting preseason predictions? Its seems really random to me when i can get it or not. Haven't been able to the last three years now.
It has been random for me, I got it for 2 out of three leagues this season

HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:42 AM   #4
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

The Warbirds find themselves in P435 this week.

They are in an extremely top heavy conference again this week which includes some frequent tournament combatants.

Scottsdale Scorpions (10 PL), Bridgeville Bucs (8PL and 6 of the last 8 years) hold down the NC East. There is more than meets the eye here though...

The Warbirds are in the NC west along with one time PL Champs Bensonhurst Blackbirds and Arkport Wolves. Both strong teams but the Warbirds should win the division.

NC Central with no previous champs.

4PL champs in the AC with three teams.

Now...joining the Scorpions and the Bucs in the NC East is this team...
Name:  Vermont.jpeg
Views: 516
Size:  214.9 KB

That will add interest to the division and conference.
The Warbirds have clashed with Vermont in many tournament games as Vermont tested their ability for Perfect. there is no doubt they are coming in confident but will not have an easy path in the NC East.

Last edited by macacks; 01-20-2020 at 10:44 AM.
macacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:03 PM   #5
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDodgers View Post
It has been random for me, I got it for 2 out of three leagues this season

The window on a Monday morning is too small to obtain this report. Wish it would generate and stay. I’d love to know this every season.

Be nice if the developers can update this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:15 PM   #6
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

40 seasons in iron is an extreme commitment to tanking
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:20 PM   #7
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P466: The Old Timer 3 Is Together!

old timer's Evergreen Forest Raccoons are in the AC East (and are off to a nice start, which must be an unexpected development for old timer!). Three OL teams join the Raccoons there, of which only QuantaCondor's California Quantum Condors -OL have won a Perfect League title (or 2, in the Condors' case).

The wayward La Crosse Fighting Frogs hopped their way into the AC West, alongside another OL team but no other former PL champions.

The AC Central is home to the 2-time PL champion Old Hoss Radbourns, but they're not part of the Old Timer 3, so enough about them.

Over in the NC East is where the Huntley Red Raiders can be found, along with, yes, another OL team; 2 teams that have yet to win a championship at any level and so are automatically the sentimental favorites (the aforementioned Motown Stars -OL and the well-named Backyard Melonheads); and the 1-time PL champ Hermosa Beach Banana Hammocks, who have started off the year 5-0, including 2 straight over the Red Raiders, and so now are my mortal enemies.

The NC Central features the 3-time PL champion Minnesota Bold North, who infamously won the league against the original Old Timer 5, defeating the Raccoons in 7 in the Perfect League Series, and therefore are all our mortal enemies (as the only Old Timer 3 that will have to face the Bold North until the Perfect League Series, I'll do my best, guys!). Oh, and there is another OL team here too.

Finally, the NC West features, you guessed it, 2 more OL teams, who conveniently also are the division's only former PL champions: the Fargo Buscemis - OL with 5, and the Bold Strategy Cottons -OL with 2.

Should be a fun season!
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:38 PM   #8
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
40 seasons in iron is an extreme commitment to tanking
Is that really what you think was going on? haha

It is fascinating to me if there was that much forethought but i would love to be apart of his retirement plan if that is the case.

'The best time to plant a tree was 20 (40?)years ago. The second best time is now.'
Old 01-20-2020, 03:47 PM   #9
Sipimi
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
The Warbirds find themselves in P435 this week.

They are in an extremely top heavy conference again this week which includes some frequent tournament combatants.

Scottsdale Scorpions (10 PL), Bridgeville Bucs (8PL and 6 of the last 8 years) hold down the NC East. There is more than meets the eye here though...

The Warbirds are in the NC west along with one time PL Champs Bensonhurst Blackbirds and Arkport Wolves. Both strong teams but the Warbirds should win the division.

NC Central with no previous champs.

4PL champs in the AC with three teams.

Now...joining the Scorpions and the Bucs in the NC East is this team...
Attachment 669332

That will add interest to the division and conference.
The Warbirds have clashed with Vermont in many tournament games as Vermont tested their ability for Perfect. there is no doubt they are coming in confident but will not have an easy path in the NC East.
First time I see a team losing less than 10 games in a year...and they did it back-to-back!
Sipimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 04:24 PM   #10
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is that really what you think was going on? haha

It is fascinating to me if there was that much forethought but i would love to be apart of his retirement plan if that is the case.

'The best time to plant a tree was 20 (40?)years ago. The second best time is now.'
Look at the records. He intentionally finished around .500 every season to not risk promotion and his average game score was 11-11. Clearly just farming PP since release with perfect hitters and an iron rotation. Then he decided to start playing for real right when the lifespan of the game is basically over lol. It'd be sad if it wasn't so blatant and hilarious.

Other players (me included) have done something similar for a while to build points since getting promoted hurts your PP potential, but it got boring after a month or two and was mostly in bronze/silver not iron. If this guy was on the Astros instead of banging a trashcan they would be holding up posters from the on-deck circle.

Last edited by dkgo; 01-20-2020 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:00 PM   #11
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Gonna be a long week in Perfect for the Corsairs, not a good team for that level but they've been up for 4 seasons winning slightly above 70 games each year. This year they're in a division with a pair of teams that average between 110-120 wins and another pair that play slightly over .500 on average. I'll be happy if they can win 70 but am hoping they don't get thoroughly trashed and win less than 50.
Go get 'em boys!
Old 01-20-2020, 07:34 PM   #12
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Old Timer 5 (old timer, JasonC23, jackgoboom, pappyzan, waittilnextyear) banded together a few weeks ago and was placed in OL. The Old Timer 5 then partially disbanded and brought on the Bronx Bombers (became an Old Timer 4 Of Sorts) and got to play in a "regular" league. A little bit later, a New Age Old Timer 4 grouped together, except that one of the members conspicuously forgot to adjust his Friends List, so it became Old Timer 3: The Remix. This group was placed in the Whale League. Three of the original Old Timer 5 members then got back together and formed a New Age Old Timer 3 Of The Ages. This group was placed back in OL once again...

With that critical backstory now written, it can be surmised that this week will involve the New Age Old Timer 3 Of The Ages constantly looking around to see which OL team is using which particular type of cheese.

Fortunately for the Frogs, their home division (AC West) is relatively cheese-free. That is to say, the cheese in this conference is mostly concentrated in the AC Central and the AC East where the Evergreen Forest Raccoons can deal with it best. In the AC East, there are 2 lefty cheese teams and one righty cheese team, for variety. Both the Raccoons and the Frogs will have to play home/away against the AC Central, where 3 of the 5 teams are cheesing in one direction or another. As for interleague, the Frogs will cross over to face the NC West, wherein the Bold Strategy Cottons are righty-cheesing and the Washingtoon Senators are lefty-cheesing a little bit. By my count, that's 8 teams cheesing left or right that the Frogs will face. With the other 11 regular season opponents cheesing mostly down the middle.

The Frogs are off to an uneven start at 9-6. Run differentially speaking, the picture looks better with a +42 RDiff corresponding to an 11-4 hypothetical record.

One thing to watch closely this week will be: how will the Frogs' rotation of 4 top lefty starters (99 Newhouser, 100 Waddell, 100 Grove, and 100 SE Kershaw) fare against some of the lefty cheese teams? Another thing to watch: how much burn are the 7-day lineups going to get?

Tune in next time for more As The Wheel Of Cheese Turns a.k.a New Adventures Of The New Age Old Timer 3 Of The Ages...

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 01-20-2020 at 07:35 PM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:24 PM   #13
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Yeah

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:38 PM   #14
LeroyJenkins
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post

the 1-time PL champ Hermosa Beach Banana Hammocks, who have started off the year 5-0, including 2 straight over the Red Raiders, and so now are my mortal enemies.

Looking forward to seeing how this season plays out! And fear not, the Hammocks are due for one of those months where we win about 5 games!

LeroyJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 09:00 PM   #15
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Look at the records. He intentionally finished around .500 every season to not risk promotion and his average game score was 11-11. Clearly just farming PP since release with perfect hitters and an iron rotation. Then he decided to start playing for real right when the lifespan of the game is basically over lol. It'd be sad if it wasn't so blatant and hilarious.

Other players (me included) have done something similar for a while to build points since getting promoted hurts your PP potential, but it got boring after a month or two and was mostly in bronze/silver not iron. If this guy was on the Astros instead of banging a trashcan they would be holding up posters from the on-deck circle.

Wow. If that was what he did that is unbelievably pathetic.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:28 PM   #16
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P466: A Third of the Season Is Worth...Something

Not surprisingly, the early AC division leaders are the Evergreen Forest Raccoons (AC East), Old Hoss Radbourns (AC Central), and La Crosse Fighting Frogs (AC West). Oddly, all 3 teams are at least 3 games below their Pythag records...

...as are the NC East-leading Huntley Red Raiders, who are currently the second-hottest NC team (active 8-game winning streak) and enjoy a 3.5-game lead over the third-hottest NC team, the Motown Stars -OL (active 7-game winning streak).

But, of course, the hottest NC team is the NC Central-leading Minnesota Bold North, owners of an active 9-game winning streak and the best record in the league (40-9), and the only division-leading squad outperforming their Pythag record (+1).

Huntley did manage to slow the Bold North down a bit in early May, splitting a 4-game series in Huntley (5-12, 4-1, 2-1, 4-6). Overall, the Red Raiders have been nearly unstoppable at home (24-4!) and eminently stoppable on the road (11-11 ), which does not bold well for the team's immediate future (a 10-game road trip).

On the pitching side, Red Raiders' stats that stand out to this point in the season would be Mariano Rivera's 2.04 FIP and 4.30 ERA, which is...something, and starter Rube Marquard's April ERA (9.26 ) and May ERA (2.49 ).

As for the hitters, 3 batters are off to ridiculous starts of at least a 160 OPS+: RF TOTY Christian Yelich (.318/.412/.592/1.004, 168 OPS+), C Yogi Berra (.328/.410/.578/.988, 164 OPS+), and CF Ken Griffey Jr (.270/.379/.601/.981, 160 OPS+). Of course, all 3 only start against righties, and that clearly has something to do with it, as Huntley's full-time starters are all struggling, either completely or relatively: LF Mickey Mantle (.245/.374/.423/.797, 115 OPS+), SS Ozzie Smith (.274/.358/.427/.784, 111 OPS+), DH Barry Bonds (.222/.307/.444/.751, 100 OPS+), and 2B/3B Luke Appling (.239/.335/.362/.697, 89 OPS+).

Current standings follow...
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 12:09 AM   #17
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Wow. If that was what he did that is unbelievably pathetic.
There is no "if." The season runs scored and runs allowed totals speak for themselves.

I've seen some pretty pathetic things in my 20+ years of online gaming but this might be the saddest.

If someone tanks from perfect because they are getting killed and want a chance to reset, fine, I get that. To dedicate an entire year is something else entirely. Dude might need professional help.
Old 01-22-2020, 12:57 AM   #18
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Nice accomplishment and back-to-back walk-off wins
Attached Images
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 02:58 AM   #19
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Here's a little thirder pole update for P466.

JasonC23's earlier update did yeoman's work recapping who is leading which division. Allow me to add my 2 cents...

Somewhat predictably, the Frogs, Raccoons, and Red Raiders have taken division leads. As have the Minnesota Bold North--a team which I seriously doubt is legit OL, but seems to have latched onto them nonetheless (winning thrice in the last 5 weeks in OL seems to be working for them though). The Fargo Buscemis (turned into a powerhouse after joining OL) are starting to assert themselves in the NC West. The only divisions that appear decided are both Central divisions. The 5-time Diamond level champ Pittsburgh Thunderbirds are way behind the Radbourns in the AC; likewise, the Jazzy Jazzmen are sucking Minnesota Bold North exhaust in the NC. Interesting to me (and perhaps me alone) the Backyard Melonheads are really struggling at 17-36. This is a super defense team that the Frogs defeated in the PL series recently. As one might expect in what is left of OL, the wild card chases in both conferences figure to be very competitive.

Standout performers so far for the Frogs? Well, SE Norm Cash appears to be working thru some anger after SE Bill Terry started over him at 1B last week. Cash is putting up MVP numbers and a half: .387/.503/.832 with 17 HR 46 RBI. For a 1B to be on a 10.1 WAR pace, you know he's really thumping the baseball. 99 Yogi Berra is also feeling some type of way after giving way to SE Scioscia last week. Berra is at .357/.389/.678 with 11 HR 40 RBI. SE Posey, the other part of the catching platoon tags back in for SE Lo Duca; Posey's slashing .349/.432/.651 with 5 HR 17 RBI playing only against LHPs. SE George Sisler has reestablished himself as a full-time DH after falling out of favor for several weeks. Sisler's hitting .303/.342/.578 with 12 HR 42 RBI. Last week's league MVP SE Richie Ashburn (9.2 WAR) has shaken off a dreadful start and is starting to dig himself out. Pitching-wise, Ed Walsh is doing Walshian things. He's on pace to go 27-3 with 9.3 WAR.

Maybe the most exciting news of the day was ripping some packs and seeing a 100 Record Breaker Pedro Martinez pop out. Gotta find a role for him now...

The New Age Old Timer 3 Of The Ages awaits an update from old timer....

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 01-22-2020 at 03:01 AM. Reason: I am a poor typist
Old 01-22-2020, 07:02 PM   #20
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs will face Evergreen Forest for a 3-game set starting in an hour or so. I think this will be the first time these two storied franchises have met.