Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:15 PM   #161
Barmy Fungy-Phipps
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I also have a guess about teams exceeding the limit on roster restrictions. When you first activate players from your list of cards, it drops them into your team until the active roster is full, and it doesn't seem to care if that causes the point total to go over. So I'm guessing if you activate only the players you want to use, that makes going way over the point total possible.

Perhaps if activated cards automatically went to the reserve roster first, it would remove the loophole, assuming I'm on the right track.
Barmy Fungy-Phipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:42 PM   #162
Catchthedamnball
Minors (Double A)

Sometimes, after a simulation, the new file won't download when I open the tournament. Yesterday Trend Micro (my antivirus software) was blocking the download files as ransomware, but I whitelisted the program and the issue continues to happen.

Also, I think simulation times should be much shorter in tournaments with more than 32 or in a bo7 format.

Catchthedamnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:53 PM   #163
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Yeah. I'd be in favor of just a consistent 10 or 15 minute sim interval regardless of tournament type. We want to get the people who are available moving through different tourneys and not stuck in one half the day.

There is also still the issue of the huge "quick" tourneys never filling. Why would I lock one of my tourney slots to be the 10th sign-up in a 64 man and have to wait all day for it start if it ever does?

Last edited by dkgo; 11-12-2019 at 12:55 PM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:05 PM   #164
bailey
Hall Of Famer

To help larger tourneys fill maybe allow 3 entries to quick tournaments and 1 entry each to daily, weekly and monthly, for a total of 6 simultaneous tourneys. Quicks should be limited to 8 or 16 players.

Last edited by bailey; 11-12-2019 at 01:06 PM.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:09 PM   #165
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Would awards need to be adjusted downward with any of these proposed changes that increase activity? I don't know how its balanced, but I could see a scenario where a change in one direction would necessitate the other...

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:13 PM   #166
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

I posted what I'm quoting in the thread about collections, but I guess technically it also should go here with the tournament feedback as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
The more I consider it, the more I am against collection rewards being available as tournament rewards. Collections were already becoming a frustrating afterthought for most people, and now there is another alternate path to them that avoids that frustration (and doesn't require points, as the AH alternate does).

I am fine with offering cards as rewards, either in packs or the specific cards themselves. In fact, offering specific cards could really help the game by reducing the rarity of certain cards - especially those extremely rare bottlenecks. However, I believe that the tournament rewards should be normal cards (preferably non-live).

This game is built around competition. It is optimized for using a small amount of cards, not for having a lot of them. Card collecting is an afterthought, as this game certainly doesn't incentivize it and in some cases (I'm looking at you, Inactive Management Screen) actually penalizes it.
The discussion continued in some of the additional posts after mine.

Primary Team

Old 11-12-2019, 01:15 PM   #167
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipandKneeDoc View Post
Think I figured out how people go above the limit for tournaments. I bought a few cards while in a 1500 tournament, they went to my active roster, and I cannot get them off.

It is the Q-Cap-15---Bo3F5-T64-ID2

I am the Asbury Springboks, if somebody official wants to check it out
Yes, I know that you can get above the limit, but don't you get an error message when actually trying to submit the team?
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:16 PM   #168
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Yeah. I'd be in favor of just a consistent 10 or 15 minute sim interval regardless of tournament type. We want to get the people who are available moving through different tourneys and not stuck in one half the day.

There is also still the issue of the huge "quick" tourneys never filling. Why would I lock one of my tourney slots to be the 10th sign-up in a 64 man and have to wait all day for it start if it ever does?
Yes, we will make adjustments to all that before the official launch Monday
Old 11-12-2019, 01:18 PM   #169
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
I posted what I'm quoting in the thread about collections, but I guess technically it also should go here with the tournament feedback as well.

The discussion continued in some of the additional posts after mine.
It's a typical situation of "you cannot please everybody". We have decided to do it the way we do now, as the majority of the team was in favor of it. I personally enjoy having the ability to win some SE cards I like without having to finish a certain collection, even if winning a big tournament is pretty unlikely. Also keep in mind, the tournament reward cards are randomized once a tournament gets created, so there won't be a problem of certain cards being distributed too often.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:24 PM   #170
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Yes, I know that you can get above the limit, but don't you get an error message when actually trying to submit the team?

just tried to sign up for a 1500 cap tourney and load up my roster over the cap, and I got a sanity check error message when I tried to submit, so that seems to be working as designed.... going to try some other options and see if I can get in higher than the limit....
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:24 PM   #171
Guancous
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Tourneys

I assume other people reported this but I keep getting messages saying there is a three tournament limit. I have two active and I have been eliminated from my other tournaments.

I've tried entering 30 more tourneys so I know it's not because my other accounts are accessing them. Thank you.

EDITED UPDATE: I restarted OOTP and three tournaments appeared. Maybe I had to restart to clear out the Eliminated tournaments as bring the unfilled ones closer to the top?

Last edited by Guancous; 11-12-2019 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Troubleshooting
Guancous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:03 PM   #172
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Exclamation Possible Bug/Issue

I am currently playing in a 1930 Historical Players Only Silver Level or Lower Tournament and I just recently lost a game and the winning pitcher is named "Joe Unknown".

Has anyone else seen the same thing?

I am guessing that there should not be any "Joe Unknown" in a Historical Players Tournament.

*****Edit****

After looking into things more closely, I just realized that the team I played only had 12 players; 5 starting pitchers and only 6 position players.

So that is where the "Joe Unknown"comes from.

Not sure why a team improperly staffed can successfully play in a tournament, for starters, but also why a team with only 6 position players and only 5 pitchers can take a series to seven games!

Last edited by Bottom Of The Sixth; 11-12-2019 at 03:22 PM.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:07 PM   #173
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

Is there a way to clean out the past tournaments from the start screen? Any good notation to go by if I chose to delete the files outside of date?

F2P Packs
Diezwraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:22 PM   #174
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guancous View Post
I assume other people reported this but I keep getting messages saying there is a three tournament limit. I have two active and I have been eliminated from my other tournaments.

I've tried entering 30 more tourneys so I know it's not because my other accounts are accessing them. Thank you.

EDITED UPDATE: I restarted OOTP and three tournaments appeared. Maybe I had to restart to clear out the Eliminated tournaments as bring the unfilled ones closer to the top?
This happened to me, too, so restarting appears to be a necessity.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:35 PM   #175
Quavis
Bat Boy

It would be nice to have a few more of the shorter tourney 8/16 players be availible in the lower tiers. Currently the only 8 person tourneys that should be quick to fill and start are completely open (or open live) and obliterated by completely stacked teams.

Bronze has nothing below 64 players which takes quite a while to fill currently. If you go out early, your likely looking at 8 hours + before the next tournament even starts. I realize rewards would have to be lower to compensate but don't really think it would be an issue. Even just cutting current 64 tourney rewards in half for a 32 player tourney i dont think would be an issue. Most of us playing don't have much of a shot at winning these anyways, its really just about getting to play more games.

As mentioned above, changing the sim times to be lower and progress the tourneys faster may also solve this. It was just kinda frustrating yesterday as a bronze player to wait quite a long time for a 64 player tournament to fill just to lose a best of 1 and have a really long wait for the next one (dont get me wrong i like the DoD format which lets any team have a chance on a given day).
Quavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:57 PM   #176
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
It's a typical situation of "you cannot please everybody". We have decided to do it the way we do now, as the majority of the team was in favor of it. I personally enjoy having the ability to win some SE cards I like without having to finish a certain collection, even if winning a big tournament is pretty unlikely. Also keep in mind, the tournament reward cards are randomized once a tournament gets created, so there won't be a problem of certain cards being distributed too often.
My concern is the continued devaluation of collection missions. There are already too many barriers to collecting, and it is unfortunate that this is turning into a missed opportunity to help. More packs as rewards are helpful in a general sense, but packs are too random and unreliable to be of any help with completing our collections and our collection missions. Even with massive payouts across the entire community, the Bakers and Freehans of this game still have astronomically low odds of being pulled.

Sorry, but I find it odd that the number of Special Edition cards in game are increasing in a way that allows players to directly bypass a significant game feature that the dev team worked very hard on. It would make more sense to increase the number of SE cards in game by giving us more chances to earn those cards that will complete our collections. It is a shame that there is no synergy between collections and tournaments - they didn't have to exist separately, yet they do.

Primary Team

Old 11-12-2019, 03:00 PM   #177
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Tournament ID #1170006 claimed to be a "modified Double Elimination series." Unless I am misinterpreting something (and with me, user error is always a serious possibility), it was bugged and was actually a single elimination tournament.

Late Edit: As I look closer, I think I may have played the same team twice? I don't understand what is going on here actually... Regardless of what happened with other teams, I can only find one loss that occurred prior to my team's elimination.

Primary Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 11-12-2019 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:03 PM   #178
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My concern is the continued devaluation of collection missions. There are already too many barriers to collecting, and it is unfortunate that this is turning into a missed opportunity to help. More packs as rewards are helpful in a general sense, but packs are too random and unreliable to be of any help with completing our collections and our collection missions. Even with massive payouts across the entire community, the Bakers and Freehans of this game still have astronomically low odds of being pulled.

Sorry, but I find it odd that the number of Special Edition cards in game are increasing in a way that allows players to directly bypass a significant game feature that the dev team worked very hard on. It would make more sense to increase the number of SE cards in game by giving us more chances to earn those cards that will complete our collections. It is a shame that there is no synergy between collections and tournaments - they didn't have to exist separately, yet they do.
Plus it's just a general negative user experience when you put weeks or even months of effort and points into earning a special card only to see another one created out of thin air and go to someone who just got lucky in a couple games.

Diamond packs. More diamond packs. Even more diamond packs. That's what the economy needs.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:11 PM   #179
natedawgdude3
Bat Boy

Just want to start out by saying I’m liking tournaments so far and love that the dev team is taking feedback. Just one question that I was wondering. Why would higher team size tournaments like 64 teams be simulated at 30 minutes and lower size teams such as 8 be simulated at 10 minutes? Seems backwards to me..
Old 11-12-2019, 04:03 PM   #180
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

I'm in the Quarterfinals of a 1500 player value cap tourney and I'm going up against a team with 2169 player value.

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote