Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 08-26-2016, 11:34 AM   #1
ricealum
Minors (Double A)

BUG: can edit another team's lineup

When viewing another team, you can look at most of their data, but when you try to view their offensive strategy, you are told you can't edit it, and you can't see if they are, e.g., aggressive on the base paths.

That's bug #1 - you should be able to view their strategy, but not edit it. But the awareness that you shouldn't be able to edit the opposing team makes this bug so bad, because you can edit almost everything else about a team!

I illustrate this by playing game four of the World Series against the Oakland A's. (They are pretty outmatched and down 3-0, so I don't feel TOO guilty cheating here.) First, I changed the pitching matchups, making their worst relief pitcher start and their next worst close.

Pitching before:

Name:  Pitching before.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  164.9 KB

Pitching after:

Name:  Pitching after.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  152.5 KB

As you can see in the box score below, this worked: their iffy relief pitcher started -- and did surprisingly well considering what I did with their defense! As you can see in the post below, I had their ace pitcher play catcher and put their other decent pitchers at key positions like center and third.

Name:  Box score showing change.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  192.5 KB
ricealum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:43 AM   #2
ricealum
Minors (Double A)

Editing the other team's lineup, part 2

In part one, I showed that you can force the other team to start the pitcher of your choosing. This shows you can edit their batting, as well. I messed with almost their entire lineup, putting their best pitchers at key positions like catcher, as shown below.

Here is their ace starter's pitching and defensive ability. Following that is a box score showing him catching the entire game!

This should be fixed by preventing a player from changing another team's pitching and batting lineups.

Name:  Opponent ace pitching.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  150.0 KB

Name:  Opponent ace defense.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  139.2 KB

Name:  Opponent ace catches, leads off.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  203.8 KB
ricealum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 10:27 AM   #3
wodi
All Star Reserve

Id actually prefer the game be tuned so there is more of a detriment to starting pitchers.

I don't ever edit another team to exploit it but I will occasionally try to fix their bullpens for the better and to utilize actual relievers instead of using starters as relievers.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote