Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 04-14-2016, 10:31 PM   #21
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Did you try deleting the app entirely then reinstall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:35 PM   #22
viglr
Bat Boy

One more update. If I play a video and minimize it so plays in a small window in a corner of the screen, I can then launch the game and play without the screen going black. As soon as I close the video, the game screen immediately goes black again. Not a solution but it's a workaround.
viglr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:36 PM   #23
viglr
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillupi View Post
Did you try deleting the app entirely then reinstall?
Yes. Deleted, hard reset, and reinstall doesn't help.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:09 AM   #24
jfgrauer
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Can someone confirm? We tested on 3 iPad Pros and it worked on all of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viglr View Post
I installed the update from the App Store and still have the same problem. The app goes to a black screen after a few seconds. I deleted it, reinstalled, rebooted the iPad and the problem remains. Is there anything else I should try?
Same issue with me. Update didn't fix. iPad Pro 12.9" iOS 9.3.1
Old 04-15-2016, 07:10 AM   #25
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Can you try to hold the device in landscape mode when launching? Also, try to log out of gamecenter (or log in, depending if you are currently logged off or not). Some combination of the orientation and gamecenter has to cause this... as Sebastian says, it worked in our tests and for some people the issue is apparently indeed fixed.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 04-15-2016 at 08:05 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:38 AM   #26
jfgrauer
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Can you try to hold the device in landscape mode when launching? Also, try to log out of gamecenter (or log in, depending if you are currently logged off or not). Some combination of the orientation and gamecenter has to cause this... as Sebastian says, it worked in our tests and for some people the issue is apparently indeed fixed.
Nope!! I tried all combinations for the orientation and game center that I could think of and none of them worked. I was logged into game center, logged out, and started the game in landscape mode. The first thing that came up was the log-in screen for game mode. I logged in and then the initial MLBM screen appeared for a few seconds before going black again. Interesting that in all my tests, when the MLBM screen initially appears, it is upside down. It then quickly changes to right side up before going black.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:06 AM   #27
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfgrauer View Post
Nope!! I tried all combinations for the orientation and game center that I could think of and none of them worked. I was logged into game center, logged out, and started the game in landscape mode. The first thing that came up was the log-in screen for game mode. I logged in and then the initial MLBM screen appeared for a few seconds before going black again. Interesting that in all my tests, when the MLBM screen initially appears, it is upside down. It then quickly changes to right side up before going black.
Can you test to hold your device the other side around in landscape mode?
Old 04-15-2016, 09:14 AM   #28
jfgrauer
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Can you test to hold your device the other side around in landscape mode?
Did that in my tests with the same results. In both cases, the initial MLBM screen initially appears upside down, quickly changes to right side up, and then goes black.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:52 AM   #29
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

I have tested this on my iPad Pro in every combination I can think of and so far I am unable to repeat this issue. I did notice that occasionally the app freezes on startup for about 10-15 secs, but if I wait the screen starts fine. Turning the device over can also give it a kick. Please try these and let me know what happens.
pisdpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:02 AM   #30
rejebebe
Bat Boy

MLB MANGER 2016 update not working on IPadPro

Hello, I downloaded the update to my IPadPro yesterday and it still does not work, exhibiting a black screen after the intro screen flashes briefly. I also deleted it from my IPadPro and reinstalled the update, having the same issue. My IPadPro is up to date and running the latest IOS operating system.
rejebebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:30 AM   #31
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I have no idea about this but could it be the two different types of iPad Pro?
Old 04-15-2016, 10:37 AM   #32
rejebebe
Bat Boy

MLBM 2016 Not Working on IPad Pro

I have no idea if there are different IPad Pros. It could be a display issue. It starts out fine then shortly flickers and goes black. Occasionally a screen will reappear with the screen greatly distorted for a second then goes dark again. when I minimize it I see a screen briefly as its minimizing. I turned off game center and it continues to have a problem.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:18 AM   #33
viglr
Bat Boy

Quote:
I have no idea about this but could it be the two different types of iPad Pro?
It looks like the problems are with the 12.9 in. model. Is that the type you have?
Old 04-15-2016, 11:20 AM   #34
viglr
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfgrauer View Post
Same results for me.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:23 AM   #35
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by viglr View Post
It looks like the problems are with the 12.9 in. model. Is that the type you have?
Yes. 12.9", latest OS. That is what we test & developed the fix for. It seems to work for our iPad Pros and for some other users too. So it is a total mystery for us why it fails on others.

We may ask you to beta test a new version soon, would you be willing to help us?
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:33 AM   #36
viglr
Bat Boy

Quote:
We may ask you to beta test a new version soon, would you be willing to help us?
Absolutely.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:03 PM   #37
rejebebe
Bat Boy

I do have the 12.9" model.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:36 PM   #38
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

It looks to be iOS 9.3, Paul is looking into it now.
Old 04-15-2016, 02:13 PM   #39
jfgrauer
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdpaul View Post
I have tested this on my iPad Pro in every combination I can think of and so far I am unable to repeat this issue. I did notice that occasionally the app freezes on startup for about 10-15 secs, but if I wait the screen starts fine. Turning the device over can also give it a kick. Please try these and let me know what happens.
I never get to the point where it freezes. The crash occurs within seconds. I did turn the iPad Pro over, but got the same results. Crash.
Old 04-15-2016, 02:15 PM   #40
jfgrauer
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Yes. 12.9", latest OS. That is what we test & developed the fix for. It seems to work for our iPad Pros and for some other users too. So it is a total mystery for us why it fails on others.

I would be willing to beta test too if needed.