Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2020, 02:20 PM   #801
micropterus58
All Star Starter

silvam14, I have edited images for your fictional stadiums for use in my fictional New England league. Changing the BMPs to PNG or JPG is easily done. Doesn't the MTL file need to be edited with notepad to reflect the changed file types? And this would display the textures ? For example, change Grass1.BMP to Grass1.JPG (or PNG if used instead).
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 02:31 PM   #802
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by micropterus58 View Post
silvam14, I have edited images for your fictional stadiums for use in my fictional New England league. Changing the BMPs to PNG or JPG is easily done. Doesn't the MTL file need to be edited with notepad to reflect the changed file types? And this would display the textures ? For example, change Grass1.BMP to Grass1.JPG (or PNG if used instead).
That can work, although it's kind of a bandaid fix instead of a permanent change. If you later decide to re-do the stadium in sketchup (add a new background, change a texture, alter the layout in some way) and re-export the model it overwrites that changed link in the .mtl, making it kind of moot. If you want the change to be permanent you have to redo the texture in the actual sketchup model and re-export.

All this to say, it's a decent amount of work to make the changes permanent, particularly when you've done the scale of work Silvam and adion have here.
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 03:02 PM   #803
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsoncp View Post
That can work, although it's kind of a bandaid fix instead of a permanent change. If you later decide to re-do the stadium in sketchup (add a new background, change a texture, alter the layout in some way) and re-export the model it overwrites that changed link in the .mtl, making it kind of moot. If you want the change to be permanent you have to redo the texture in the actual sketchup model and re-export.

All this to say, it's a decent amount of work to make the changes permanent, particularly when you've done the scale of work Silvam and adion have here.

Exactly this. I am going through all of my models and fixing them in sketch up. Probably half way done now. I’ve started uploading them, but I would say you shouldn’t have to download them until 21 comes out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-29-2020, 01:04 PM   #804
micropterus58
All Star Starter

My intention is to use the stadiums that I already edited in OOTP20 in the next version. I only changed advertising so that it was pertinent to the era my league is in and to the city where the stadium is located. Can't have a Verizon ad in 1900. I was hoping that I did not have to start all over and that we could still edit the advertising going forward in the next version. I appreciate all of the work silvam14 and aidon and all of the other stadium makers have done. Without their hard work we would not have minor league, college, international, old or fictional stadiums to use. I would also hate to see their work phased out in the future. My question was for myself and others and for clarification.
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:58 PM   #805
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
Exactly this. I am going through all of my models and fixing them in sketch up. Probably half way done now. I’ve started uploading them, but I would say you shouldn’t have to download them until 21 comes out

Mike, in your folder you have duplicates of RFK, Shibe, and Veterans. Did you intend to delete the older versions?
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:13 PM   #806
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Mike, in your folder you have duplicates of RFK, Shibe, and Veterans. Did you intend to delete the older versions?

I don’t know where the duplicates come from. When I uploaded them I chose replace. It’s possible some could be new for some reason. I’ll look at it

Old 03-04-2020, 07:29 PM   #807
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don’t know where the duplicates come from. When I uploaded them I chose replace. It’s possible some could be new for some reason. I’ll look at it
I haven't looked in some time, but is it possible one has adion's backgrounds and the other doesn't? Are those separated by names or some unique designation? Sorry. Eavesdropping.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:57 PM   #808
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
I haven't looked in some time, but is it possible one has adion's backgrounds and the other doesn't? Are those separated by names or some unique designation? Sorry. Eavesdropping.

I would just look at the modified dates and grab everything from the past month

Old 03-04-2020, 10:12 PM   #809
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

It also appears that two stadiums have not been updated: Shibe AL 1930-48 & Shibe AL 1949-53.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:59 PM   #810
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It also appears that two stadiums have not been updated: Shibe AL 1930-48 & Shibe AL 1949-53.

Well, that’s where it gets tricky. I have updated the versions I have on my laptop. The ones I created. These ones you mentioned I believe were modded by adion to add logos for the AL teams and really are no different from the other versions otherwise

I suppose I can download and update those

Old 03-04-2020, 11:04 PM   #811
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Whatever you want to do is fine. I just wanted to be sure it wasn't an oversight. You're on the ball, as usual.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:21 AM   #812
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Whatever you want to do is fine. I just wanted to be sure it wasn't an oversight. You're on the ball, as usual.
I can fix those if Mike has more important ones to work on. I am also working on finding some way to make 360 degree backgrounds that look realistic.
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 01:44 PM   #813
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
I can fix those if Mike has more important ones to work on. I am also working on finding some way to make 360 degree backgrounds that look realistic.

I can get to them. I just pushed hard to get the 250+ parks updated and want to give 21 a good test in other areas.

I’ll fix them by the end of the weekend

Old 03-08-2020, 08:42 PM   #814
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I can get to them. I just pushed hard to get the 250+ parks updated and want to give 21 a good test in other areas.

I’ll fix them by the end of the weekend

The two shibe parks are uploaded
Old 03-11-2020, 11:33 AM   #815
RETRO66
Minors (Rookie Ball)

New downloads missing Fans

Silvam--- First thanks for all your work.

I have all your work downloaded with no problem. Recently I saw some were updated with different ballpark views. (first base line, etc) I downloaded them and found that some did not have fans, only a black space. Is this on my end or did something happen when they were updated.

Thanks again Skip H
RETRO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 12:24 PM   #816
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETRO66 View Post
Silvam--- First thanks for all your work.

I have all your work downloaded with no problem. Recently I saw some were updated with different ballpark views. (first base line, etc) I downloaded them and found that some did not have fans, only a black space. Is this on my end or did something happen when they were updated.

Thanks again Skip H

It could be on your end, but If some work for you, maybe it’s my fault. Can you be specific with which ones have the black space in the crowd?

Old 03-11-2020, 01:05 PM   #817
RETRO66
Minors (Rookie Ball)

For certain Crosley Field 1942-1957, One of the Navin fields, Baker Bowl 1915. I will need to check others. Forbes Field was fine and I think Ebbets Field was OK. Braves field is ok.
Old 03-11-2020, 01:24 PM   #818
RETRO66
Minors (Rookie Ball)

New downloads missing Fans

here is attachment of Crosley 1942Name:  Screenshot (131).jpg
Views: 683
Size:  350.0 KB
Old 03-11-2020, 01:25 PM   #819
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETRO66 View Post
here is attachment of Crosley 1942Attachment 678239

Do other parks work? You maybe not extracted the zip to the /ballparks/models folder.

Old 03-11-2020, 01:46 PM   #820
RETRO66
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I did with some, and several were downloaded to "downloads" and dragged into ballparks/ models. I'll try them again.
skip