Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-30-2017, 11:21 AM   #1
lboston1
Minors (Single A)

Outfield throws to home plate/3rd base

Whenever it asks if you want to send a runner to next base, the outfielder throws the runner out 90% of the time now. Even from very deep with weak arm and fast runner. It's ruining sac flies all the time and starting to get really frustrating! This didn't happen near as frequently in OOTP 17, what's changed????
lboston1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:30 AM   #2
texasmame
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboston1 View Post
Whenever it asks if you want to send a runner to next base, the outfielder throws the runner out 90% of the time now. Even from very deep with weak arm and fast runner. It's ruining sac flies all the time and starting to get really frustrating! This didn't happen near as frequently in OOTP 17, what's changed????
I thought it was me. Guys getting thrown out at home very frequently. I check the OF arms and they are middle of the road.

I don't necessarily mind it but it's a change for sure.

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:42 AM   #3
andjbock
Hall Of Famer

I've noticed over time throughout the past 3-5 versions. It used to be 100% success, but now it's nowhere near that.

I haven't investigated it, but I've gotten a pretty clear indicator of whether or not I should send the runner now that I've started playing in 3d mode with animations, based on the ball location on the field.
andjbock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:53 AM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

FYI, this will depend on the league modifier for outfield assists. If the modifier is at or around the default (0.3), then you should see things accurately. If your modifier is much higher (as I believe the default used to be in previous versions), then we discovered a bug that's causing you to be out too much when given the choice. That will be fixed in the next patch.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:54 AM   #5
SFGiantsFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

If that option pops up, it usually means it's a close play. Unless I have a fast runner and the ball is deep or very deep, it hasn't been worth it to send the runner for me.
SFGiantsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:52 PM   #6
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFGiantsFan View Post
If that option pops up, it usually means it's a close play. Unless I have a fast runner and the ball is deep or very deep, it hasn't been worth it to send the runner for me.
It's basically a hint that the runner is DOA unless you have every parameter in your favor.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:24 PM   #7
lboston1
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
FYI, this will depend on the league modifier for outfield assists. If the modifier is at or around the default (0.3), then you should see things accurately. If your modifier is much higher (as I believe the default used to be in previous versions), then we discovered a bug that's causing you to be out too much when given the choice. That will be fixed in the next patch.
That's great! Mine was set to .944! So no wonder!

Also doesn't mean DOA, just means close play. In the previous versions, the advantage seemed more to the runner with a chance of being called out. My problem was that I had 2 successful attempts in like 20 to 30 plays!
lboston1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:38 PM   #8
highandoutside
All Star Reserve

Does any of this affect those of us who manage games, but leave the baserunning decisions up to our base coaches and the outfield throws up to our fielders?
highandoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:44 PM   #9
SFGiantsFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Will this be implemented for challenge mode directly? Since you can't mess with the modifiers, I'm afraid that I might have to start a new save.
SFGiantsFan is offline   Reply With Quote