Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-27-2017, 05:55 PM   #241
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the patch! For the pitch locations widget.. it's fixed for the most part. I can now see them in 3d view.. but they populate before the actual play in 3d?

This was not like this in v17? It would populate after the play is over but now it's instant before the play even happens.

Am I missing some setting? I want it to pause and display after the play is completed.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:33 PM   #242
Substance59
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Not sure if this was intended, but International amateur FAs that generate during the summer are noticably worse. Just been simming as Commish to try stuff out and in the editor their values are much lower than in past games.
Substance59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:13 PM   #243
x McLovin x
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Substance59 View Post
Not sure if this was intended, but International amateur FAs that generate during the summer are noticably worse. Just been simming as Commish to try stuff out and in the editor their values are much lower than in past games.
While on the subject of International Free Agency - I noticed a glitch where an opposing team offered the maximum allowable offer ($5 million by default) to a player but when I hit "Meet Demand" or manually changed my offer to $5 million in the negotiation screen, it wasn't allowing me to officially submit the offer (nothing happened every time I clicked on it). Sadly, he was by far the best prospect available and lost him to the other team. Anyone else also experiencing this issue?
x McLovin x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:08 PM   #244
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In OOTP17, if you compared a typical long-running fictional league to real MLB, you'd find the number of big-bonus international amateurs was about 67% higher in OOTP, i.e. if you had five of those guys on your big league team, you really only should have been able to graduate three of them. And in terms of the WAR you were buying, a dollar spent on international amateurs in OOTP17 was worth ten times as much as in real life.

So there were a few important differences between the game and reality - international amateurs were too cheap to sign, made the Majors too often, and were generally too good once they got there. OOTP tended to create all these guys amazing, and they either survived the butchery of OOTP's development engine unscathed and became stars, or they got turned into mincemeat along the way and topped out in A-ball.

I haven't had a chance to look at this in much detail in OOTP18. The player demands seem much more sensibly distributed now at least. Player ability also needed adjusting, to make the model realistic, and I think that was tweaked, but I haven't checked the consequences. It's possible the adjustments were too drastic (or not drastic enough!).
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:55 AM   #245
Millsy
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
- Online league files now in ZIP format instead of tar/gz
Any explanation for why this was done? For online leagues that have a lot of custom functionality built over the years this essentially breaks all of that. This seems like a change for changes sake, not for any functional reason.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:13 PM   #246
Woodman19
Minors (Single A)

Is anyone getting the issue again where almost every Center Fielder you put up in the majors gets hurt? I am noticing that as the years go on, I am having to call up 4-5 CF throughout the year as they all pile up.
Woodman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:53 PM   #247
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

This new injury system just keeps getting better. I love this one! Especially since I am in a pennant race and benching my all-star shortstop for an indefinite period of time takes some thought. Of course, I could just keep playing him and accept the throwing problem. Except what if he gets hurt worse...

Name:  marion.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  46.3 KB
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:33 PM   #248
offerman7
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
I posted a review of the game.

http://www.sportsgamersonline.com/ou...all-18-review/

Have a good read!

Wait, so you think OOTP 18 (9/10) is barely better than Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2017 (8/10)?
offerman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:43 AM   #249
drhay53
Major Leagues

Quote:
I would say that I was thoroughly disappointed with the quality of my first draft as well as my first international amateur FA. The best player in either one had a potential of 70/80.
drhay53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:29 AM   #250
SFGiantsFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhay53 View Post
I would say that I was thoroughly disappointed with the quality of my first draft as well as my first international amateur FA. The best player in either one had a potential of 70/80.
I kinda like it like this because it means some drafts will be weaker and it'll be about finding serviceable players than having a bunch of potential stars to choose from. It's always exciting to find a diamond in the rough too.
SFGiantsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:39 AM   #251
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by offerman7 View Post
Wait, so you think OOTP 18 (9/10) is barely better than Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2017 (8/10)?

DDS: College Basketball is really good
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:49 PM   #252
x McLovin x
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhay53 View Post
Yeah I've noticed the same thing as well. Plus the decent ones you do wind up signing or drafting (by decent I mean around 60-65 potential on 20/80 scale) almost always wind up maxing out at around 50-55 when they finish developing. I realize that part of this is just the randomness involved with player development but it does seem consistently skewed towards players failing to reach their ceilings with almost no prospects exceeding their original ceilings which isn't necessarily realistic. To cite one prospect who exemplifies this, Gleyber Torres, who started off with around a 75 potential rating and is a consensus top-15 prospect in baseball - most outlets have him within top-5 - maxed out around 55. I'd like to add that I spend about twice the baseline amount for scouting/player development budgets, hire the best coaches I possibly can and have set scouting to 100% accuracy.

Last edited by x McLovin x; 03-29-2017 at 09:10 PM.
x McLovin x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:09 PM   #253
offerman7
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
DDS: College Basketball is really good
I need to check it out now!
offerman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:40 AM   #254
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Love the dark skin and new pawns. Love the Team Chemistry thing but would be nice to see it for all teams not just ones i am in control of. Thats about as far as i got so far.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:01 AM   #255
C-Man73
Minors (Single A)

Stolen bases

Is anyone else finding it nigh impossible to steal a base? I can have a 70 base-stealer against a 50 throwing catcher and he gets nailed every time. I do about half-sim, half-live while I'm running my season, and I have literally never stolen a base while playing "live" in OOTP18.

It's downright bizarre.
C-Man73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:12 AM   #256
Trev is God
Bat Boy

Baseball association playoffs not updating properly

So I have my own association of all 4 of my leagues, 74 teams total and I've noticed that the playoffs do not update on the page. The bracket is not readable until like the 3rd or 4th round but the teams do not actually show up until after the playoffs has finished.
Trev is God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:04 AM   #257
nokperillo
Bat Boy

So I hired Mark Teixeira as a manager of the Indians after Terry Francona retired in 2021. The guy had the gall to bench Francisco Meija who I have just extended to a 5 yr deal. I fired him after one year haha I also like the improved trading AI. No more lopsided trade offers. The other day Dan Duquette offered me Machado for Lindor. Being a diehard Lindor fan, of course I rejected it.

Last edited by nokperillo; 03-31-2017 at 07:07 AM.
nokperillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:10 PM   #258
wolverinebball11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Man73 View Post
Is anyone else finding it nigh impossible to steal a base? I can have a 70 base-stealer against a 50 throwing catcher and he gets nailed every time. I do about half-sim, half-live while I'm running my season, and I have literally never stolen a base while playing "live" in OOTP18.

It's downright bizarre.
I've not seen this problem myself. Started playing out a season live and so far I'm 5 for 6 at successfully stealing bases.
wolverinebball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:21 PM   #259
Shake Appeal
Minors (Double A)

The only thing odd I've noticed is the lack of throws to home from the outfield. It seems like if you're on third and there's a flyout, the outfielders don't ever try to nail you. They always throw to the cutoff guy.
Shake Appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:47 PM   #260
Anthony5967
Minors (Single A)

Just want to tell you guys, I don't know if it has been brought up but I am experiencing a glitch of not being able to shop players.
Anthony5967 is offline   Reply With Quote