Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 10-04-2015, 02:20 PM   #41
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Is this a fair trade?...Just want to see what people think. The players are all as they would be at the start of the 2015 season in the MLB roster set.
i wouldn't take that trade. giolito is a potential cy young type talent. i doubt the AI would, but maybe time of year could make it possible. e.g. trade deadline, maybe? i've never worked on learning when you get the greatest/lowest return on value, yet.

utley and papelbon are old and expensive. i don't know the 3rd baseman off the top of my head. if the ai doesn't like it, see if removing any of them does not change their respons. look for young prospects you might not need and match weaknesses of the other team - and young SP anytime. i love using pitchers i feel have one significant weakness but have a decent potential rating - a pitcher that looks good but i never intend to use.

if i understand the back and forth between orcin and rpiske... you both have valid points. it's impossible to ignore our knowledge of names from history, so the ai using foreknowledge isn't a bad idea for the sake of a more even playing field. however, it really does conflict with what a simulation is. this is something very important to me. especially things related to game situations, player creation, and other things that drive the game of baseball in the sim. the AI related stuff i get less strict, because it can greatly help offset the severe limitations of the AI. (a couple of forum dwellers are very sensitive to potential criticism of this game... this is not criticism, merely a reality of every single sports game)

Last edited by NoOne; 10-04-2015 at 02:32 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:32 AM   #42
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
This makes no sense. Why would this option eliminate the ability to use the game as a simulation?

Regardless, there is no harm if the option is made available to allow the AI to see future performance in a recalc league. You merely don't select it and continue to play the game your way.
It makes complete sense. A simulation is trying to recreate real life. In real life you can't see the future. By making the future transparent, you have pretty much destroyed historical play.

As for making it optional... well, I am never going to argue against making something optional. (Then we start arguing about which should be the default, but that is a much less important argument.)

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:25 AM   #43
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
It makes complete sense. A simulation is trying to recreate real life. In real life you can't see the future. By making the future transparent, you have pretty much destroyed historical play.
It is too bad OOTP does not include a players minor league stats rather than have them leap "fully" formed into the majors. His 10-1 minor record in 1964 with a 1.03 ERA and 10.4 K's per 9 might have gotten him some love. Then the AI might not need to look ahead at all to realize he was better than his poor major league numbers made him appear.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:50 PM   #44
mindflux
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Trying to move Johnny Cueto for Brandon Finnegan, which happened in real life, along with the Reds getting other prospects. On Normal, even Heavily Favor Veterans, with the Royals in win now, and having the budget to cover Cueto, they are asking either Todd Frazier Aroldis Chapman or our top prospect along with Cueto to get a 1/2 star player with 3 1/2 star potential. Dropping it down to easy, I can trade 1/2 star player 1/2 star potential Michael Lorenzen to get him... needs to be a middle ground. I'm pretty sure the Royals are ok with what they had to give up for Cueto. I did want a challenge this time around, but no, I dont want Dustin Pedroia's overpaid self for Cueto. I'm trying to rebuild. That's the only type of players they offer.

Last edited by mindflux; 11-04-2015 at 12:01 AM.
mindflux is offline   Reply With Quote