Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 03-11-2011, 12:39 AM   #1
rabbitzk749
Minors (Double A)

New Jersey "Numbered" Concept

Here is a new set I have been working on. All the jerseys were customized and had the "00" stitched on the front. I have always wanted the facegen to have their numbers on the jerseys so this was the next best thing. Of course their real numbers would be awesome but I really wasn't looking forward to making a jersey for each number. Too much work!

Remember, these are not supposed to be 100% accurate. I also added a quick American and National League All-Star Jersey to fill it out.

If there is any desire for people to use these, I would look into submitting them to Padresfans modsite so that everyone can enjoy.

rabbitzk749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:27 AM   #2
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
any chance for some alternate jerseys? Black White Sox, Green A's etc? either way thanx i will download it.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #3
Gern44
All Star Starter

Those look nice rabbit. Adding numbers to jerseys would rock. Like the BB Cards, id think there'd eventually be a way to add a players correct number to the jersey by way of XML.

I like the way the double 0 looks on the ones where its cut off just at the top, so you can tell its a number... but not exactly which number giving you the illusion it could be anything... like on the Braves and the Red Sox (if thats not Tim Wakefield, then ive never watched a Red Sox Game!).

Not to detract from your work, but personally, id prefer not having them over having the same number on everyone's jersey. But for those that want the numbers, yours look very good.

Gern44's Blog

Last edited by Gern44; 03-11-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Gern44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:08 PM   #4
rabbitzk749
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
any chance for some alternate jerseys? Black White Sox, Green A's etc? either way thanx i will download it.
Of course, I would probably do requests to include them in the file jersey set release.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #5
rabbitzk749
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gern44 View Post
Those look nice rabbit. Adding numbers to jerseys would rock. Like the BB Cards, id think there'd eventually be a way to add a players correct number to the jersey by way of XML.

I like the way the double 0 looks on the ones where its cut off just at the top, so you can tell its a number... but not exactly which number giving you the illusion it could be anything... like on the Braves and the Red Sox (if thats not Tim Wakefield, then ive never watched a Red Sox Game!).

Not to detract from your work, but personally, id prefer not having them over having the same number on everyone's jersey. But for those that want the numbers, yours look very good.
Thanks, the whole idea was to have most of the Double 0 be cut off so you could tell it was a jersey number, but couldn't really tell what number. (It didn't work well with all of them)

Now that all the jerseys are complete (That took the longest) I could actually start working on jersey numbers. Of course this would take a little while but it would be a fun project, and my first big project on this forum.

The problem is that the number is stuck to the jersey, so each player would have their own (that you must import manually), and when traded, a whole different picture would have to be generated with the other teams numbered jersey picture.

The other problem is that there is just a huge variety of jersey numbers from Zito's #75 and this year Josh Outman's #88. There is probably no way I could do 99 different jerseys for all clubs.

With all that being said I am all for taking on ideas of cool concepts to do, but as of right now I will probably put this on hold, unless there is crazy want for this!
Old 03-11-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
Gern44
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitzk749 View Post
The other problem is that there is just a huge variety of jersey numbers from Zito's #75 and this year Josh Outman's #88. There is probably no way I could do 99 different jerseys for all clubs.
I'd say thats the biggest issue right there. 99 Jerseys for every team... just to start. Then managing them when a player is traded?! Which happens ALL the time in OOTP! Thats a lot to handle.

I'd look to OOTP12 to maybe incorporate the ability to add XML code that pulls numbers from the Databases to jerseys and caps.

Gern44's Blog
Old 03-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #7
rabbitzk749
Minors (Double A)

I actually created a template that makes it super easy to create the jerseys.

I was able to do the first 50 Jerseys in an hour. That is with creating the templates, which took the bulk of the time, and creating pictures in game and saving them, etc.

Maybe if I show how much work I put into this, Markus will look to make it easier for all of us! Worth a shot! I think they look good.

Here is a few of the Oakland Athletics, just to show you what they look like.

I understand this causes a lot of unnecessary need for GM's, but it is just another option in the endless amount of jersey types we can do!

Last edited by rabbitzk749; 03-11-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #8
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
i think it looks great, cant wait to try some of them out.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:22 AM   #9
Gern44
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitzk749 View Post
I was able to do the first 50 Jerseys in an hour. That is with creating the templates, which took the bulk of the time, and creating pictures in game and saving them, etc.
Man, thats awesome. bugnutz crazy... but awesome.

Gern44's Blog