Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 12-20-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
rabbitzk749
Minors (Double A)

West Coast Baseball Association (WCBA)

1 Opening

We are currently at the end of our 2nd Season. Please feel free to check out the website/forums if you are interested.

The West Coast Baseball Association (WCBA), created in 2010, is a online fictional OOTP 11 league. The league consists of 10 fictional franchises that are located in the Western part of the United States.
The sole purpose of the WCBA is to have a league filled with active and passionate OOTP owners. Owners are given the opportunity to customize every aspect of their organization from team name, location, uniforms, logos, ballpark factors and much more! Since the league is starting with only 8 franchises (and now at 10 teams) we are able to produce one of the most intimate OOTP Online League experiences out there. Every owner is able to get to know eachother, as well as their players in their own organizations at a different level than other leagues. We will expand the league when we fill it is time to do so and hope to continue the already successful league that is the West Coast Baseball Association.

Full League Name (Initials): West Coast Baseball Association
Main URL: WCBA Homepage
Reports URL: WCBA Reports
Boards URL: WCBA Forum
Commissioner(s) OOTP Forum Username(s): rabbitzk749
Commissioner(s) WCBA Username(s): Commish
Email Address: ajolson22 (at) gmail.com
OOTP Version: Version 11
Game Needed: Required
Players: Fictional
# of Teams: 10
Inaugural Franchises: Albuquerque Arrows, Boise Bears, Denver Rage, Fresno Flyers, Las Vegas Silver Stars, San Francisco Dragons, Scottsdale Scorpions, Tacoma Grizzlies
Expansion Teams: Oakland Oaks, Portland Beavers
Export Deadlines Days And Times: 3-4 Times Per Week (Usually MWF)
League Time Per Sim: 7 days
Latest Season: In the offseason before Season 3
Special Rules & Settings: No DH, 154 Game Season, Home Run Derby. Please check out the main web page & forum for more information.
Currently Available Teams: 1

San Francisco Dragons

Please visit the WCBA Homepage and click the "Join the WCBA" link. Fill out the application and you will hear from me shortly.

Last edited by rabbitzk749; 03-06-2011 at 11:08 PM.
rabbitzk749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
rabbitzk749
Minors (Double A)

With our season just about ending I am bumping this in hopes to get a few more hits. I have received several applications for our next season. We may have expansion AND inaugural teams open for the new year. Please fill out an application and I will contact you when our season is completed. Thank you
Old 01-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #3
CUBEicle
Minors (Single A)

Glad to see this is up and running
CUBEicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #4
rabbitzk749
Minors (Double A)

Bump, would like to fill spots quickly...currently at the very beginning of the offseason
Old 01-03-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
rabbitzk749
Minors (Double A)

Looks like we have filled the expansion teams. The new franchises will be the Oakland Oaks and the Portland Beavers.

Please feel free to send in applications. If spots open up, I will be looking for more GM's. We may have a team open (not an expansion team) so keep watching the thread. I look forward to the new season.

Thank you for your interest!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #6
rabbitzk749
Minors (Double A)

We currently have 3 spots open. Please feel free to visit the website and submit an application if you are interested. Thank you!
Old 02-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #7
rabbitzk749
Minors (Double A)

We have Boise, Fresno and San Francisco Open
Old 02-17-2011, 03:37 PM   #8
mauboy
Hall Of Famer

whaaaaat? crazy that there is an opening in this greatly run league.

join now and hop on for the long run

Last edited by mauboy; 02-18-2011 at 09:48 PM.
mauboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:56 PM   #9
ssceec
Bat Boy

I'll take Fresno, if they're still available. You can best reach me through email.

ssceec@yahoo.com

Steve Crandell
ssceec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:55 PM   #10
rabbitzk749
Minors (Double A)

Fresno is taken, Boise and SF still available!
Old 02-20-2011, 07:32 PM   #11
bigfatcat
Minors (Double A)

filled out application on homepage. hoping for Boise.
thanks!
Mark F.
bigfatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:33 PM   #12
rabbitzk749
Minors (Double A)

Boise is taken, only San Francisco left!!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:03 PM   #13
rabbitzk749
Minors (Double A)

Just a small update; We may have two more openings... Oakland and Portland. Looks like the league is getting an overhaul so we are glad to be getting some more hungry GM's!
Old 02-22-2011, 02:18 AM   #14
Up here in Canada
Minors (Double A)

Why are there so many guys leaving?
Up here in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #15
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

< GM of Oakland, been having pc probs and Toshiba are being buttheads over a replacement so taking way longer than expected.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #16
rabbitzk749
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up here in Canada View Post
Why are there so many guys leaving?
When you run a small league (8-10 teams in this case) it only takes a few inactive GM's to almost ruin it for the others. Since I was replacing two ownerless teams, I figured to clean up the rest of the league and get rid of the inactive teams so we can start fresh.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:22 PM   #17
rabbitzk749
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukhotstove View Post
< GM of Oakland, been having pc probs and Toshiba are being buttheads over a replacement so taking way longer than expected.
No offense but I have been trying to get in touch with you for over a month. Haven't received an export in about a month, nor been on the forums during the same time. And this is all in your first season in the league. It is my job as a commish to have a league full of active and committed owners and I am committed to filling to the remaining teams with owners who can participate daily.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:56 PM   #18
Up here in Canada
Minors (Double A)

Just curious.....the small league looks like a good idea, actually.
Up here in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:39 AM   #19
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

You may want to firstly check the forums and see that I did post that I was having pc problems, I'd actually show you the post but for some reason there's a ban on me signing into the forum why I have no idea as I've never posted an offensive post on any forum let alone the WCBA. Also like I stated before I joined the league I've always been one of the most active in any league I've been in which many will testify, so if I'm not posting then it's 100% certain there is a reason behind that.

I also replied to the email you sent me at the end of last week, but your right your job as a commish is to fill the league with GM's who can participate but it is also part of being a commish to understand that sometimes life does get in the way of an OOTP league. Anyway all the best with the league and hopefully you fill the openings.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #20
rabbitzk749
Minors (Double A)

Looking to start accepting more applications for the three teams (San Francisco, Portland and Las Vegas) in the initial post.

If you are looking for a league with a dedicated commissioner who never misses a sim, returns questions and concerns in a timely fashion and overall someone who really enjoys what he is doing then you should check out the WCBA!

Please, only SERIOUS applications. If you know that you can participate through trades, discussions, drafting, voting, etc then please apply. We are still looking for solid owners to take over these franchises. Writing in the WCBA is not required but it is strongly encouraged. Participation in all league matters is required however.

Also one note I would like to add is that I would love to find one owner who would like to act as a co-commissioner type who can help bring new ideas to the league as well as helping me with reports, polls, voting and everything in between.