Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-09-2020, 03:52 PM   #41
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
That is quite the home run total. What is your stadium like?
Ironically, 1.1 for average and 1.0 for HR's. Nettles also hit 27. I was only 3rd in HR's in the league, the whale I am playing hit 313, 60 more than me.

Ended up falling behind 0-2 in round 1 but rallied to win as Mussina came through.

In round 2 I face a whale who has a bunch of Perfect Championships. I got blown out in game one, but came back to hit 4 HR's....and give up 6 HR's and lose game 2 14-11.

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 04:03 PM   #42
Orion
Major Leagues

I ended up losing in the wild card despite being at home and having the bit better Starter...such is the Wild Card. It was not my year, last week of the season I noticed somehow I had moved my hook starter slider to the far left by accident. No wonder my starters had a wonky year, and I have no idea how long that's been mis-set, quite possibly all season.

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 05:26 PM   #43
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
This week’s theme for my 3 teams, Easy division – Competitive league!

P480: Doubledays have a 44 game lead in the NC Central and already clinched the division as we are the only divisional team with a winning record. The Shakers and Hunters are strong contenders in the NC. Maulers, Cardinals and thunder are expected to fight to represent the AC in the World Series. The Doubledays took a chance this season by obtaining TOTY DJ Lamahieu to train at 3b. He is currently hitting .380 in 53 games. Auburn Ty Cobb is leading the SB race 90-72. The path to another championship is very bumpy this week.

P454: The Woodpeckers are contenders for the NC Central title. Washington Justice and the Woodpeckers should go down to the wire. The winner with be the #3 seed in the playoffs, loser will most likely be the 2nd wild card. Baby Sharks, Down east quack quack and Zombie Hops are solid NC contenders. Battery Point and Fog Stars are favored to represent the AC.

P419: The Owlz have clinched the NC West. They are 1st in Average, OBA and runs in the league Just not first in overall record. Grove City Grannies are favored in the NC. LA Bruins and Guelph Cats are favored in the AC.
P480: There were 6 teams with 115 wins or more in this league. 4 of them with 120 wins or more. The Doubledays had 120 wins which was good for the #2 seed in the NC. The Doubledays managed to sweep the Shakers and the defeated the Hunters 4-1 to make it to the World Series. The Doubledays will play the 11 time Perfect Champion 115 win AC West champ Tassie Thunder in the World Series. Tassie is built on great pitching and defense!

BTW, my Ty Cobb stole 103 bases compared to similar Cobb's in the league stealing 81 and 76. If you have speed, change your player settings and use it!

P454: The Woodpeckers won the NC Central after a 99 win season, but lost 3-1 to the Down East Quack Quack. Down East and the Baby Sharks are battling for the World Series spot. Battery Point OLP favored to represent the AC.

P419: The Owlz won the NC West and were 1st in OBA, Batting average, runs scored, OPS, batting WAR and WOBA. All this means nothing when it comes to the playoffs as Owlz were not only swept, they were shut out by the Davison Farm Boys in all 3 games! Best hitting team in the regular season can't score a single run in the post season! Time to update this program!

Last edited by daves; 02-09-2020 at 05:52 PM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 06:46 PM   #44
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

It finally happened

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:09 PM   #45
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
Well, to this point everything has gone as expected. I defeated the Big Wigs in the Wild Card game & toyosu Haruki were better than the Flyers by a bit. So it's Haruki, the Thundering Herd, and the 2 underdogs left in the battle. Below, game 5 of my series & the semi-final bracket in P406:
It will indeed be the 6-time [perfect champion] Haruki Dolphins vs. the Under-Achieving / Poor Luck Thundering Herd...

I have no idea I must say but I kinda like the Thundering Valley Herd to win their first Perfect championship. What we have here is a 1065 offensive juggernaut vs. a 371 runs allowed defensive wizard... Why do I pick the Herd? I know the last game didn't show it, but I scored some runs against them & except for the last 2 games of the regular season it was a bad season at the plate for me... The only thing is...TV has to outscore them 4 times...and Haruki could easily have 4 "Nobody scores against this" performances in them. We'll see. We'll have to put the good pitching beats good hitting thing to rest if TV comes out victorious.
Attached Images

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 02-09-2020 at 07:16 PM.
One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:39 PM   #46
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P481: Can Huntley Weather the Storm?

Huntley. Seattle. Red Raiders. Tempest. 7 PL titles. 6 PL titles. The epic clash begins...shortly.

In the meantime, check out Ed Walsh's incredible performance in game 3 of the Sub-League Series!
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:46 PM   #47
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

It's Frogs vs Rams for all the marbles in P478. Both clubs ran roughshod through their league playoffs, each losing just a single game en route.

With the regular season over and seeing that we maxed out at 485 SB, I did a full-on roster transplant to get the best of the best back on the active roster. Also added SE Zack Wheat earlier today after finally snagging myself a 96 Duke Snider.

The Rams are still probably the favorite here (both teams have 10 PL titles), and they won G1 4-3 so it'll take a couple of things going our way for us to add to the medallion count.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:52 PM   #48
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Huntley. Seattle. Red Raiders. Tempest. 7 PL titles. 6 PL titles. The epic clash begins...shortly.

In the meantime, check out Ed Walsh's incredible performance in game 3 of the Sub-League Series!

Cy Young yawns, contemplating the paltry efforts of ordinary mortals.
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2020, 07:55 PM   #49
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Cy Young yawns, contemplating the paltry efforts of ordinary mortals.

Ups, here's the updated demigod...
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2020, 08:02 PM   #50
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
It's Frogs vs Rams for all the marbles in P478. Both clubs ran roughshod through their league playoffs, each losing just a single game en route.

With the regular season over and seeing that we maxed out at 485 SB, I did a full-on roster transplant to get the best of the best back on the active roster. Also added SE Zack Wheat earlier today after finally snagging myself a 96 Duke Snider.

The Rams are still probably the favorite here (both teams have 10 PL titles), and they won G1 4-3 so it'll take a couple of things going our way for us to add to the medallion count.
Good Luck

Old 02-09-2020, 08:09 PM   #51
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Warbirds (5PL) vs the Maine Gems (15PL).

Tale of the Tape and Preview
Name:  Feb 10.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  178.6 KB
Old 02-09-2020, 08:10 PM   #52
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:

They don't have the Green Magic...

Old 02-09-2020, 08:13 PM   #53
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
They don't have the Green Magic...
But they have the yellow and purple magik and it's given them a 2-0 series lead. Frogs have backs against the wall right now.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 08:22 PM   #54
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
But they have the yellow and purple magik and it's given them a 2-0 series lead. Frogs have backs against the wall right now.

Yes, sounds familiar. They ran up a 3-0 on me last year, we refused to surrender and took them to six games in an inspired effort. At least you should be at home for game 3?

Old 02-09-2020, 08:38 PM   #55
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
warbirds (5pl) vs the maine gems (15pl).

Tale of the tape and preview
Attachment 672486
Name:  5e38004111f9080577238654_2064-10-25_19-36-19 copy.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  51.4 KB
Old 02-09-2020, 09:01 PM   #56
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

wow

Old 02-09-2020, 09:05 PM   #57
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Game 2 also ended in extras. Warbirds down 0-2.
Old 02-09-2020, 09:15 PM   #58
daves
Hall Of Famer

Didn't think I could pull this one off with the competition.

Would have like to win the Jeter HOF card instead, but I'll take #6 Perfect title.
Attached Images

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 09:25 PM   #59
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Game 2 also ended in extras. Warbirds down 0-2.
You must protect your home turf 3-for-3...then it's kind of like you're in the driver's seat again, easier said than done.

Protect your home turf!

Old 02-09-2020, 09:49 PM   #60
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Ups, here's the updated demigod...
I don't believe I've ever seen anyone scatter 11 hits in a shutout...

Oh, and because we wanted to be like everyone else, Huntley is down 0-2 to the Seattle Tempest.

Last edited by JasonC23; 02-09-2020 at 09:50 PM.
JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote