Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 12-19-2019, 11:51 PM   #1
unifics22
Bat Boy

Negro Leagues

I am new to the game and I am trying to find out if there are Negro League teams in OOTP 20. Or do you have to create them yourself? Thanks.
unifics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 02:37 PM   #2
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifics22 View Post
I am new to the game and I am trying to find out if there are Negro League teams in OOTP 20. Or do you have to create them yourself? Thanks.
yes there are 1920-1946
Old 12-20-2019, 05:31 PM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifics22 View Post
If you start a Historical League 1920 - 1946 they will have the teams nad players. From there you can either have no color line or keep the color line to keep ro not keep Nel players on their teams. You can also import NeL players into other league if you want to. i use many in my EBL vs MLB and other leagues. a Few i created based on stats like the 3 Nel woman, Toni Stone, Peanut Johnson & Connie Morgan. If you are on Twitter go follow @NLBM
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 09:06 AM   #4
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Stupid question time. So if I start in 1920 and I eliminate the color barrier, does the Negro League continue to exist? Will the Negro League sign white players? I know, dumb questions, but figured I would ask.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 12:58 PM   #5
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Stupid question time. So if I start in 1920 and I eliminate the color barrier, does the Negro League continue to exist? Will the Negro League sign white players? I know, dumb questions, but figured I would ask.
I know for sure it continues to exist (as long as you are playing with full minors enabled) and I am almost positive if the color barrier box is unchecked the Negro League teams will sign white players also, but there may be an option in the Negro League setup for color barrier that you have to uncheck there as well.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 10:08 AM   #6
RMc
All Star Starter

A bit of warning, tho...

Because the NeL teams played shorter schedules than MLB, many of the players will be rated lower than they should be. So, you might want to adjust the "weaken" settings when you set up the league.
Old 02-16-2020, 06:00 PM   #7
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Fan View Post
I know for sure it continues to exist (as long as you are playing with full minors enabled) and I am almost positive if the color barrier box is unchecked the Negro League teams will sign white players also, but there may be an option in the Negro League setup for color barrier that you have to uncheck there as well.

I haven't played using these functions in a while, but my memory is that Tigerfan is correct, that while neither Negro League players entering the MLB draft, nor signing white players are super-common, both do happen, and you can sign players from the Negro League teams to your team as can the AI-managed teams.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:08 PM   #8
tayloraj
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMc View Post
Because the NeL teams played shorter schedules than MLB, many of the players will be rated lower than they should be. So, you might want to adjust the "weaken" settings when you set up the league.
This blew my mind; I was always wondering why NeL players were rated so low.

I'm currently playing a game in 1912 and was thinking about how to integrate the NeL players into the majors without having to edit each of them individually. One potential cause for concern: will lowering the 'weaken' settings have the unintentional effect of making white minor league players seriously overrated?
tayloraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:52 PM   #9
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloraj View Post
This blew my mind; I was always wondering why NeL players were rated so low.

I'm currently playing a game in 1912 and was thinking about how to integrate the NeL players into the majors without having to edit each of them individually. One potential cause for concern: will lowering the 'weaken' settings have the unintentional effect of making white minor league players seriously overrated?
the default 300 should really be more like 75 so no it will not have an adverse effect.
Old 02-21-2020, 03:28 PM   #10
tayloraj
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
the default 300 should really be more like 75 so no it will not have an adverse effect.
Thanks so much; do you have a recommendation for what the IP threshold for pitchers should be?
Old 02-21-2020, 07:11 PM   #11
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

20ip = around 75 ab's
Old 02-22-2020, 02:34 PM   #12
tayloraj
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
20ip = around 75 ab's
Thanks; is it possible to change those settings in-game or can that only be done when setting up a new league? I've been poking around but haven't been able to find anyway to change them.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:39 PM   #13
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloraj View Post
thanks; is it possible to change those settings in-game no or can that only be done when setting up a new league? yes
no and yes as noted