Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 08-28-2018, 05:48 PM   #1
Rldeepcove
Bat Boy

Schedule Request 20T 2SL 2D 5T

Hi Schedulers

If possible could someone make me a schedule for 20 teams 2 sub-leagues each with 2 divisions and 5 teams

The format I'm looking for is:
22 Games against division opponents
10 games against other division opponents
4 games against 6 interleague opponents
don't play against the other 4 teams

If possible would like to have realistic start times

I hope this isn't too much to ask for

Thanks
Rldeepcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:44 PM   #2
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

This type of schedule isn't easy. Any time you have an odd number of teams, either in a league or in divisions, you're going to run into complications.

Because you have an odd number of teams (5) in each division, you're going to have at least one inter-divisional game at all times, unless all or some of the teams are playing interleague games. To make that work, you'd want inter-divisional series to be the same length as intra-divisional series, because they're all going to be played at the same time. In your set-up, however, you have teams playing 22 games against each divisional opponent and 10 games against each opponent in the other division. That likely means that intra-divisional series would be either 3 or 4 games long, while inter-divisional series would be 2 or 3 games long. That could work, but it would be very complicated.

More importantly, I don't think your numbers work out. Let's say each team plays 6 series against each divisional opponent (four 4-game series, two 3-game series) and 4 series against each team in the other division (two 3-game series, two 2-game series). Those 2-game series, however, should count as "half," because, presumably, there would be two of them taking place while other teams are playing 4-game series. So that's the equivalent of three series, not four. Likewise, the interleague series are either split up into two 2-game "half" series or combined in one 4-game series. The result, then, is this:
  • Intra-divisional: 24 series
  • Inter-divisional: 15 series
  • Interleague: 6 series
You end up with 24 intra-divisional series and only 21 series that aren't intra-divisional. But, as mentioned before, you need to be playing at least one inter-divisional series at all times, unless all or some of the teams are playing interleague games. So, unless you add a bunch of off-days or schedule a lot of double-headers, teams would end up being idle for two or three days at a stretch because they can't play anyone. The math, in short, doesn't appear to work.

Last edited by joefromchicago; 08-29-2018 at 09:51 PM.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 12:24 AM   #3
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Having dealt with a more extreme version of this, I think I know how the math can work.

THE INITIAL LAYOUT
  • Ignoring interleague, teams play 138 total games, across either 45 or 46 series dependent on start date. I'll use 46 as the "cleaner" number to avoid cross-division shenanigans later on.
  • Let's assume that the maximum possible number of four-game series exist non-divisionally without creating a home/away imbalance; in other words, each team plays 4H/6A twice, 5H/5A once, and 6H/4A twice. With the 6/4 splits doable in three series instead of four, the total number of non-divisional series is 16.
  • Now comes the annoying part: the total number of divisional series is 30, across 4 opponents. This can be achieved in the following manner: each team plays 10H/12A once, 11H/11A twice, and 12H/10A once. The 12/10 splits are doable in seven series, and the 11/11 splits in eight series, for the proper total of 30.

COUNTING SERIES
  • Looking at the (non-interleague) schedule as a whole, each subleague plays 230 series among itself: 150 divisional and 80 non-divisional. These series are played across 46 half-weeks.
  • Each half-week must contain one of the following structures: four divisional series and a non-divisional series (4D/1N), two divisional series and three non-divisional series (2D/3N), or five non-divisional series (5N).
  • As it so turns out, the combination of thirty-seven 4D/1N half-weeks, a single 2D/3N half-week, and eight 5N half-weeks results in the needed total of 150D/80N.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:30 PM   #4
Kirby Paquette
Major Leagues

I managed to make this schedule.

I split the intra divisions series 10//12 or 12//10.

I split the Inter-division series as 4//6 or 6//4 with one series 5//5. Every teams plays four 2-games series. This allowed me to spread the schedule in 51 series spanning 26 weeks (including the Allstar break), with 2 series/week.

Here are the complete matchup of the series.

And the characteristics of the schedule:

# 20 team schedule, 162 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 2 subleagues, each with 2 divisions,
# subleague divisions with 5 teams
#
# Subleagues
# 5-team divisions
# 22 games against other 4 teams in division (4-3-3H/3-3-3-3A or 3-3-3-3H/4-3-3A)
# 10 games against other 5 teams in league (4H/3-3A or 3-3H/4A or 3-2H/3-2A)
# 4 games against 6 teams in other league (4H or 4A)
#
#
# No cases of more than 13 straight days without offday
#
# No homestands or roadtrips longer than 11 games
#
# Game times set at 7:05pm 1:05pm 2:05pm 4:05pm with One Sunday game at8:05pm
#
# Season begins first Monday on or after April 1st
# Season thus ends late September/early October
#
# All-Star Game set for Tuesday of 15th week of season (early/mid-July)
#
Attached Images
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILY_BGN_G162_SL1_D1_T5_D2_T5_SL2_D1_T5_D2_T5_KIRBY_01.lsdl (79.5 KB, 125 views)
Kirby Paquette is offline   Reply With Quote