Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 12-09-2015, 01:05 PM   #1
algon3
Bat Boy

Question Players sent down to Juniors

I'm playing an OHL team and several of my players have been drafted and called up by NHL teams. Some were sent back down almost immediately and some were sent to AHL affiliates (obviously not coming back to my OHL team).

My question is: What is the last date when a player might be sent back down to their junior (OHL) team? For example, most players seem to get sent down to juniors in August and September if they don't make the NHL team roster. Is ther any possibility a player might get sent back down to juniors after the start of the season or sometime mid-year?
algon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:38 PM   #2
pens66
Major Leagues

I don't know how it can be handled in the game, to be honest. But in real life players can be sent to juniors at any time basically. Probably not after the trade deadline of the junior league, but that's only speculation by me.
Maybe that answers part of your question ;-)
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 11:20 PM   #3
Search
Bat Boy

My quick reading (having no relevant knowledge, experience or legal training) of the NHL- NHLPA CBA is that an 18 or 19 year-old who plays 11 games with the NHL team in one season counts against the 50 contract maximum of the reserve list . If he is sent back before that, he does not. At 20, if he plays 10 NHL games, he is a professional.

So, the team must be sending down to you before the players play 11 games in the NHL or sending them down to the AHL when they have,

The dates, if applicable and which I do not know, were specified in the May 2, 1995 agreement between the two parties.
Search is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 05:34 AM   #4
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Search View Post
My quick reading (having no relevant knowledge, experience or legal training) of the NHL- NHLPA CBA is that an 18 or 19 year-old who plays 11 games with the NHL team in one season counts against the 50 contract maximum of the reserve list . If he is sent back before that, he does not. At 20, if he plays 10 NHL games, he is a professional.

So, the team must be sending down to you before the players play 11 games in the NHL or sending them down to the AHL when they have,

The dates, if applicable and which I do not know, were specified in the May 2, 1995 agreement between the two parties.
No. Playing more than 10 games in an NHL season eats away one year of the player's entry-level contract. But he can still be sent down to the junior leagues at any time. Leon Draisaitl played 37 games with Edmonton last season before being sent back to the Western Hockey League.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 01:00 PM   #5
algon3
Bat Boy

Thanks for all above comments -- very helpful.

Does anyone know how it works with the AI in the game? Should I expect that some of my better players who were drafted by NHL teams and made their pre-season rosters (but who still have 1-2 years of junior eligibility remaining) will be returned to my OHL team now that the season is underway? Or... should I look to fill the in gaps in my roster through some other means? For example, I don't want to trade away draft picks or prospects to improve my roster for this season if there is a good chance these top players might be sent back to my team.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:04 PM   #6
algon3
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
No. Playing more than 10 games in an NHL season eats away one year of the player's entry-level contract. But he can still be sent down to the junior leagues at any time. Leon Draisaitl played 37 games with Edmonton last season before being sent back to the Western Hockey League.
This is helpful as I can follow up on my players and if they get to 11 games played in the NHL the odds of their being sent back down to my team will decrease significantly. So long as the AI is programmed to follow this 10-game threshold.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:35 PM   #7
tarashnat
Major Leagues

What are rules governing junior hockey players in the NHL?
tarashnat is offline   Reply With Quote