Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM - Technical Support Got problems running FHM or want to report a bug? See here!

Old 12-21-2014, 07:37 PM   #921
wbroo53
Bat Boy

Hist. Game: born July 1,1966 - dies Nov. 15, 1967

...dies consistently on Nov. 15, 1967. Team = Oakland Seals. Crashes either trying to sim game vs. Det. Red Wings on that date or Finish Today or Auto-play until... (any). I've tried playing in safemode, still crashed. And tried tracemode, but can't find the trace file (how do I find it?). Please let me know how to best get any ....lg, or any other files you may need to you!
Holiday regards, Wade
I noticed in the instructions on how to FTP files it says "(if you didn't already do this submit a report ticket)." I did. The ticket number is 10970. Here is what I posted in it: "...Well, I found on your site, what files to zip. But that post gives instructions to FTP. Since you provide an Attach Files link, I am going to assume I can just attach the file here. If you still need me to FTP, please let me know. The file is "NYR66toOak.zip" (.lg -....dat files only). Here's some detailed history: I started the game 'unemployed' until Jan. 1967. Played the New York Rangers until the end of season & playoffs. (Only made a trade or two, if I recall; but a bunch of relegations to Injury List and Reserves.) Resigned after playoffs. Simmed until July 1, 1967. Selected the Seals. Draft went well. '67 - 68 season started well. Again, only a trade or two, with more Injured and Reserve relegations. Then the game crashed, when I tried to sim an 11/15/67 Oakland at Detroit game. Same if I tried any Auto-play."
Your help is appreciated, and holiday regards, Wade
Any status on this? (02/13/2015)

Last edited by wbroo53; 02-13-2015 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Requesting status
wbroo53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 02:13 AM   #922
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_jub View Post
So did you find the problem?
You posted the link at 10:30 PM on a sunday. I will take a look today.

Last edited by Sebastian Palkowski; 12-22-2014 at 02:17 AM.
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:06 AM   #923
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
I am on my mac playing and after my first season the game keeps crashing at July 1st. This has happened with two different season modes. Is this a known issue?
Both saves have the same problem: you generate a new schedule after the season but before the game moves on to the new season (between June 30th and July 1st).

I recommend not to generate new schedules at all (no reason to do it) but if you really insist on doing so, please do it on July 1st.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:36 AM   #924
moore4807
All Star Starter

Generating Scedules?

First question - does this eliminate the "dead" February schedule in non- olympic years?

Second Question - If so, then how would you generate a schedule (on July 1st)?
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:51 AM   #925
jacob_jub
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Both saves have the same problem: you generate a new schedule after the season but before the game moves on to the new season (between June 30th and July 1st).

I recommend not to generate new schedules at all (no reason to do it) but if you really insist on doing so, please do it on July 1st.
So there is no way to fix it?
Old 12-22-2014, 01:05 PM   #926
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
So there is no way to fix it?
Fix your saves? No, sorry. Prevent the bug in future saves: just don't make new schedules, there should be no reason to do so. If, for whatever reason, you insist on generating new schedules, do it on July 1st.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #927
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore4807 View Post
First question - does this eliminate the "dead" February schedule in non- olympic years?

I will upload a schedule without Olympia Break tomorrow, you can just switch them.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:58 PM   #928
Joel Howe
Bat Boy

Hi everyone! I'm new here, and just finished playing through my first season with Montreal. A few things I noticed:

1. When playing through a game, sometimes the play-by-play will announce that two players from the same team have been consecutively ejected from the same faceoff. According to the rulebook, this should result in a bench minor penalty for delay of game, but this does not happen in-game.
2. During the Olympic break, my starting goaltender became unhappy because of his lack of playing time (even though there was no playing time to have because of the break), and remained unhappy for the rest of the season, even though I only played my backup when the team had back-to-back games.
3. During the in-game play-by-play, it will regularly announce that one team won the faceoff because their own centre was completely tied up.
4. Immediately following the draft, I was able to trade for the rights to the second-overall pick in exchange for virtually nothing.
5. Your team scout does not comment on the likelihood of trade approval for trades that only involve draft picks on one side.
6. This is just a general observation: opposing AI teams appear to overvalue draft picks in trade negotiations, especially late-round picks. For instance, my scout advises me that Anaheim "will probably accept" an offer of a 2nd, 5th, 6th, and 7th round pick, plus a 31-year-old 5.5a defenseman for Corey Perry.

Thanks for all your hard work -- I'm enjoying the current game and looking forward to the next one!

Happy holidays!
Joel Howe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 11:52 AM   #929
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:

Here you go:

http://misc.ootpdevelopments.com/hoc.../schedules.zip

Unzip both files and replace the existing ones.

Please note: the schedule for the first season 2013/14 is already in the quickstarts so it has the break in. Starting with the second season it will be without the break.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:15 PM   #930
moore4807
All Star Starter

Thanks Sebastian!

OK now for the usual I'm just making sure questions...

1) Unzip both files to... /data/schedules? or default data/schedules? or both files?

2) If I already have a season going - it will then take effect the next year (2017-18) or will it "fix" my current 2016-17 season in progress in Dec.2016? or just start all over, which isn't a problem

PS - if this is for everybody maybe you should sticky it as a christmas gift...

Last edited by moore4807; 12-23-2014 at 01:16 PM. Reason: cant make a cohesive sentence to save my life...
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:55 PM   #931
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

It is always the /data/schedules folder. It depends on your install type where it is: custom install -> in your game folder, default install -> in documents.

Your actual season is not effected, it starts with the following.

Quote:
Thanks Sebastian!

OK now for the usual I'm just making sure questions...

1) Unzip both files to... /data/schedules? or default data/schedules? or both files?

2) If I already have a season going - it will then take effect the next year (2017-18) or will it "fix" my current 2016-17 season in progress in Dec.2016? or just start all over, which isn't a problem

PS - if this is for everybody maybe you should sticky it as a christmas gift...
Old 12-24-2014, 11:22 AM   #932
jacob_jub
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Here we go again. It's crashing med season now.
KHL.lg
Old 01-01-2015, 03:20 PM   #933
Leniwm1
Bat Boy

I have the same issue. When I first reported I didn't realize the key was in the field, whether it is a legit key I do no know because it will not activate.
Leniwm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 07:36 PM   #934
HockeyGuy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

My game keeps crashing repeatedly.
HockeyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:42 AM   #935
Hierophant
Bat Boy

Transfers to junior team halted

I'm playing a custom league. I'm trying to transfer draftees to the junior team. Some of them worked just fine, but two of them don't seem to work at all. All that happens is that a dialogue box pops up and says "ATTENTION!" as well as a button to close the box. Has anyone submitted such a thing yet? I've done a search but I haven't found anything.
Hierophant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:32 AM   #936
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuy View Post
My game keeps crashing repeatedly.
Please upload your save and we will look into it.

Here are the upload instructions: How to FTP files to OOTP Developments
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:34 AM   #937
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hierophant View Post
I'm playing a custom league. I'm trying to transfer draftees to the junior team. Some of them worked just fine, but two of them don't seem to work at all. All that happens is that a dialogue box pops up and says "ATTENTION!" as well as a button to close the box. Has anyone submitted such a thing yet? I've done a search but I haven't found anything.
That's strange, can you upload your save and name the two players?
Old 01-08-2015, 05:43 AM   #938
Hierophant
Bat Boy

Yea absolutely. So what do I do, upload the whole directory that has the name of my saved game?

Also, I am new to this version, so I might just be missing something obvious. But the fact that the box is empty seems a little suspicious.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:02 AM   #939
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hierophant View Post
Yea absolutely. So what do I do, upload the whole directory that has the name of my saved game?
Yes, please upload the whole directory.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:16 AM   #940
Hierophant
Bat Boy

Never mind, I just noticed your FTP instructions on another post. Let me get that going.

Last edited by Hierophant; 01-08-2015 at 06:17 AM.