Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-06-2019, 06:59 PM   #1
ross11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

season schedule broken

I run fictional leagues using the basic mlb default setup. Since the latest updates, I cannot find any way to play a 162 game schedule. Even though I select doing a 162 game schedule both with or without the find similar schedule box checked on, it refuses to set up a 162 game schedule.

In fact, I have run ten seasons trying to figure this out and it doesn't even have the same number of games from year to year. Even worse, within an individual season, different teams may play different numbers of total games ranging from around 150 games to 154 games.

The game is unplayable for me at this time. How can this be fixed. I have reinstalled already so let's skip that suggestion.
ross11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:22 PM   #2
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross11 View Post
I run fictional leagues using the basic mlb default setup. Since the latest updates, I cannot find any way to play a 162 game schedule. Even though I select doing a 162 game schedule both with or without the find similar schedule box checked on, it refuses to set up a 162 game schedule.

In fact, I have run ten seasons trying to figure this out and it doesn't even have the same number of games from year to year. Even worse, within an individual season, different teams may play different numbers of total games ranging from around 150 games to 154 games.

The game is unplayable for me at this time. How can this be fixed. I have reinstalled already so let's skip that suggestion.

I ran into this problem as well. Did you change anything, like how long spring training last or anything like that ?

Did it schedule Interleague Games for you ? It didn't for me, and teams get 3 days off in a row as a result.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:25 PM   #3
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldur00 View Post
I ran into this problem as well. Did you change anything, like how long spring training last or anything like that ?

Did it schedule Interleague Games for you ? It didn't for me, and teams get 3 days off in a row as a result.
i've also been getting 3 days off in my schedule of my fictional league mid way through the season all of a sudden.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:26 PM   #4
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
i've also been getting 3 days off in my schedule of my fictional league mid way through the season all of a sudden.

Did you select in your fictional league to run "as MLB" ?

If you did, that's three of us having the same issue. I used to not do that like that so I can't tell if it's a new issue or not, but it's annoying.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:22 PM   #5
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

It sounds like you'll need to import a schedule that matches your league structure. I wouldn't depend on the game to do that for you.

Fortunately for you, there are quite a few schedules that have the set-up you're looking for. The easiest solution would be to import one of the MLB schedules that come with the game.
  • Under the Game menu, go to Game Settings;
  • Choose League Settings;
  • Under Editors, choose Edit League Schedule;
  • Under the Actions drop-down menu, choose Import from File;
  • Choose an appropriate schedule from among those contained in the OOTP19 Schedules folder.
You can only change the schedule in the pre-season. If you're not satisfied with the schedules that come with the game, you can find other schedules in the schedules sub-forum.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:24 PM   #6
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
That's an all-star break. Do you have "automatically schedule all-star game" checked in the "Options" page?
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:08 PM   #7
ross11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
That's an all-star break. Do you have "automatically schedule all-star game" checked in the "Options" page?
I have always had the regular default All-Star game checked. Never had this goofy scheduling probelm before.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:09 PM   #8
ross11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
It sounds like you'll need to import a schedule that matches your league structure. I wouldn't depend on the game to do that for you.

Fortunately for you, there are quite a few schedules that have the set-up you're looking for. The easiest solution would be to import one of the MLB schedules that come with the game.
  • Under the Game menu, go to Game Settings;
  • Choose League Settings;
  • Under Editors, choose Edit League Schedule;
  • Under the Actions drop-down menu, choose Import from File;
  • Choose an appropriate schedule from among those contained in the OOTP19 Schedules folder.
You can only change the schedule in the pre-season. If you're not satisfied with the schedules that come with the game, you can find other schedules in the schedules sub-forum.
That's great, but I would prefer to have a new randomly generated schedule like the game has done for the first 20 versions and all of its patches until now for some reason. I have been here since OOTP 5 and would prefer to uninstall the update if I could at this point.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:32 PM   #9
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

it never re-generated, it just jumbled the matchups. once you get a schedule that's what yo want, export it and rename it to match your league's name. make sure it isn't in a rotation by checking the next couple years that it is pointing to your schedule... it will jumble the matchups in ensuing years of use.

if multiple scheudles fit you rleague, it's possible it starts a rotation of those matching files... so, things to watch out for after you get it fixed. once it's rolling you don't have to watch, obviously.

something is preventing it in your settings. review them. this is self-inflicted, i promise. even if it was an accidental click that unchecked or checked a box, etc... by accident or not, it's not broken for sure.

before the season: evaluate schedule or report:grid etc... sometihng similar ... you can ensure it's 162g and that they play the right teams etc H/A. refer to manual, it will clear things up.

Last edited by NoOne; 02-06-2019 at 10:33 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:00 AM   #10
ross11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
it never re-generated, it just jumbled the matchups. once you get a schedule that's what yo want, export it and rename it to match your league's name. make sure it isn't in a rotation by checking the next couple years that it is pointing to your schedule... it will jumble the matchups in ensuing years of use.

if multiple scheudles fit you rleague, it's possible it starts a rotation of those matching files... so, things to watch out for after you get it fixed. once it's rolling you don't have to watch, obviously.

something is preventing it in your settings. review them. this is self-inflicted, i promise. even if it was an accidental click that unchecked or checked a box, etc... by accident or not, it's not broken for sure.

before the season: evaluate schedule or report:grid etc... sometihng similar ... you can ensure it's 162g and that they play the right teams etc H/A. refer to manual, it will clear things up.
I am not new to the game. I have reviewed the checked boxes, reloaded the game and so forth on multiple occasions. In addition, I might point out that it is an astonishing coincidence that several of us have amazingly misclicked the same set of buttons that mysteriously causes not only the wrong number of games, but each team even plays different numbers of games each season relative to each other. furthermore, while not mentioned before, the All Star game has been moved from July to June for some odd reason.

Maybe it isn't broken. If so, then the update strangely changed boxes around in an identical manner for several of us and I suppose we can all check for an eleventh time or something. I will make further adjustments and run some other games.

To be clear, I changed nothing between the time prior to the update and after the update so if something is amiss, it was not of my doing. At some point, I will decide that rather than continuing working to fix this, I will simply move on to something else..

Thanks for at least making some suggestions. I know I sound a bit salty, but my frustration level is quite high. I would really like the option to simply uninstall the latest update and go back to the previous version.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:35 AM   #11
ross11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Update

Started a whole new fictional league from scratch. Used major league baseball default league creation. Changed nothing.

Sample Results of end of regular season

Rays 92-58 150 games
Red Sox 85-68 153 games
Yankees 77-76 153 games
Blue Jays 63-87 150 games
Orioles 59-91 150 games

Ridiculous and pretty much unplayable.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:40 AM   #12
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

OOTP's schedule generator cannot schedule interleague games. As a result, each team has a bye when they should be playing interleague.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:56 AM   #13
ross11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
OOTP's schedule generator cannot schedule interleague games. As a result, each team has a bye when they should be playing interleague.
With all due respect, exactly what do u think I have been doing the last several years. The schedule generator has had no trouble with interleague games for me until this last update. It generates them normally and I have played hundreds of seasons with system generated interleague games so I am going to say that if that was a new feature included in the update, then wtf.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:12 AM   #14
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Yes, the last update had a schedule file in the installer which confuses the system. This will be fixed in the next update. To fix this manually now, do this:

1) Locate the OOTP data folder and within that the schedules folder.
2) Delete the file "ILY_BGN_G162_SL1_D3_T5_T5_T5_SL2_D3_T5_T5_T5 _C_Final.lsdl".
3) Rename the file "ILY_BGN_G162_SL1_D3_T5_T5_T5_SL2_D3_T5_T5_T5.lsdl " to "ILY_BGN_G162_SL1_D3_T5_T5_T5_SL2_D3_T5_T5_T5 _C_Final.lsdl"

That fixes the issue.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:28 PM   #15
ross11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Yes, the last update had a schedule file in the installer which confuses the system. This will be fixed in the next update. To fix this manually now, do this:

1) Locate the OOTP data folder and within that the schedules folder.
2) Delete the file "ILY_BGN_G162_SL1_D3_T5_T5_T5_SL2_D3_T5_T5_T5 _C_Final.lsdl".
3) Rename the file "ILY_BGN_G162_SL1_D3_T5_T5_T5_SL2_D3_T5_T5_T5.lsdl " to "ILY_BGN_G162_SL1_D3_T5_T5_T5_SL2_D3_T5_T5_T5 _C_Final.lsdl"

That fixes the issue.
Thanks Marcus. I adjusted the files as instructed. Unfortunately, it did not entirely fix the problem. I have run several scenarios including continuing an existing league, starting a new fictional league and reinstalling, adjusting the files as instructed and doing it again.

While it is much better, it still doesn't work. Now when a season is completed, a lot of teams have played 162 games, but there are always a few that seem to play only 160. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do.

Thanks.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:32 AM   #16
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross11 View Post
While it is much better, it still doesn't work. Now when a season is completed, a lot of teams have played 162 games, but there are always a few that seem to play only 160. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do.
If the two teams are in the AL West (or equivalent division), then it's likely a botched import that didn't play the Japan Series games.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 05:48 AM   #17
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

You probably had an odd number of teams in the league which would create teams playing different amounts of games.

Easily corrected(so the schedule isn't broken).

Go to schedule editor.

Look for schedule evaluator.

That will tell you the amount of games each team plays against each other.

Then add the necessary amount of games(with schedule editor) so each team plays 162 games.

Doesn't take much time.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 02-10-2019 at 03:49 PM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:54 AM   #18
ross11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
If the two teams are in the AL West (or equivalent division), then it's likely a botched import that didn't play the Japan Series games.
First, in no season I have ever played has it scheduled a game in Japan on its own. Nor have I ever even seen a game scheduled in Japan or any other country other than the US.

Also, I have never once imported a schedule. I only use the auto generator in the game itself.

That being said, I do believe that at least once, the problem was with AL West teams, bu tI do not recall if it was consistent. I am hoping Marcus will reply here soon. I haven't reopened it since the problem was still there and seems obviously to be a problem with the last update meaning there is little I can do to fix it without further input from Marcus.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. All input is appreciated.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:20 PM   #19
ross11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
You probably had an odd number of teams in the league which would create teams playing different amounts of games.

Easily corrected(so the schedule isn't broken).

Go to schedule editor.

Look for schedule evaluator.

That will tell you the amount of games each team plays against each other.

Then add the necessary amount of games(with schedule editor) so each team plays 162 games.

Doesn't take much time.
If you read any of the other replies above, you will know that I use the MLB defaults for my league which creates the exact same 30 teams that are currently in MLB, thus an even number of teams.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I do appreciate the help.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:47 PM   #20
ross11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Still broken

After this latest patch, the scheduling is still broken. First, when I select the 162 game option in the new fictional league as an option, it appears to simply place a schedule file into the schedule slot like other customized schedules. It is not creating schedules. This appears to be a band aid type fix to just move on to OOTP 20.

In addition, this schedule file makes ridiculous schedules. Every team plays 162 games which is an improvement, but the season always starts with a whole bunch of 2 game series and there are many more throughout the season. In addition, there are even 1 game series from time to time. If that wasn't enough, there are sometimes double headers scheduled on back to back days. All of these things are just silly.

Please let me know if this was just a bandaid and not really fixed. Also, will this actually be fixed?

Thanks.