Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 2 - Technical Support Having trouble with FHM 2 or want to report a bug? Please see here.

Old 12-07-2015, 06:36 PM   #741
TEHLUDDITE
Minors (Rookie Ball)

NHL All-Star game crash

I'm running an OHL team and encountered a crash moving from Jan.31st to Feb.1st. I ran the debug trace and it appears that the crash occurs due to open spots the program found on each NHL All-Star team.

I wonder...is this a case where FHM2 fails to replace players named to the game that get injured between being named and the game taking place?

I'm going to manually edit away all the NHL injuries to see if that works around the problem.

Edit: Could not completely empty the NHL injury list (4 players still had active DL list counters - uneditable). The workaround did not work. Maybe two of the players remaining on the DL were All-Stars, but more likely that something has gone wrong in the lines set-up for the All-Star game. This save is (sadly) broken.

Last edited by TEHLUDDITE; 12-07-2015 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Additional info
TEHLUDDITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 08:04 PM   #742
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

I've noticed a small bug of late and that's when hovering over the players mood, they're seems to be a huge list that repeats itself to the point it can sometime lock your computer up.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 11:23 AM   #743
pens66
Major Leagues

Findings in my most recent fictional world:

- junior league drafts have only 4 rounds. Why? Seems not like a lot.
- May be a direct result of the above: Junior teams only have just as many players signed as they have to dress (18). Usually no extras. Every team is hovering around 17 to 19 players.
- Seeing the above, this makes no sense: There are dozens of junior eligible players unsigned, doing nothing. This is happening with players drafted by major league teams and players not drafted yet. And it's also a mix of players with junior rights and without junior rights (so, basically free agents).

Did some more testing. The above results had a 12-team major league and a 24-team junior league. Having an 18-team junior league improved things a little bit.
Ergo: Maybe the game can't handle the discrepancy between league sizes, which then leaves so many junior eligible players unsigned. However, it feels kinda stupid, because these free agents would be stars in the juniors. But teams refuse to sign them and fiddle around with minimum rosters and playing scrubs. Makes no sense.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 12:45 PM   #744
Sdpm100
Hall Of Famer

This is from quickstart games.

During either the save process for the quickstart or when the quickstart is loaded into a new game, one of the team names is changed to "Lausitzer Hunde". That is the only thing that is changed with new logos etc. created for the team, and it has always been the same team that is changed when I've tried it.
Sdpm100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 10:43 PM   #745
canadianmagpie
New User

I was messing around after a draft and offered Jay Harrison for the rights of Jakob Chychrun which was accepted. Not sure why or how this happened. Here's proof that my trade was accepted and not forced.

canadianmagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 05:20 AM   #746
DWK
All Star Reserve

Don't know if these two issues are bugs or not but what I notice (1) is once you put a player on the Trade Block you can't take him off. (2) If you make a offer to a FA and he refuses you can't remove the offer
DWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 10:03 AM   #747
will.arnold
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I love the game - huge improvement over the version 1 a couple of years ago.
My question is about a player whose entry level contract was ending. It shows that he has a renewal for the next year at $3000, and won't let me offer him a new contract. After the July 1 rollover, he now appears as a free agent, and I can offer a contract to him as a free agent.
This player had dual nationality of Sweden and Canada (not sure if that is a factor).

I would liked for him to be a restricted free agent and people could give offer-sheets. Now anyone can sign him. Is this correct? Or is there anything I could have done before the contract expired?
will.arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 11:59 AM   #748
Hadehariast
Minors (Single A)

Not sure if this has already been posted, since I only skimmed the last four pages or error reports, but wanted to bring it up.

Semi-reproducable crash:
1) Click on game report.
2) Click on a player name in the list of players from each team.
3) Click through profile screen for the player, ratings, scouting.
4) Click "Back" to return to game report.
5) Repeat a few times.

Sometimes the game will crash when you hit "Back" from a player screen to a game report. Seems to happen after you've simmed a few games and viewed a few game reports. I've only noticed it after the most recent patch. It's somewhat random-- I've had it happen after the first player I've viewed, or the fourth or fifth player I've viewed. It happens often enough to me that I've made it a habit to save my game before opening any game reports.

Last edited by Hadehariast; 12-10-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Hadehariast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 03:31 PM   #749
tarashnat
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by will.arnold View Post
I love the game - huge improvement over the version 1 a couple of years ago.
My question is about a player whose entry level contract was ending. It shows that he has a renewal for the next year at $3000, and won't let me offer him a new contract. After the July 1 rollover, he now appears as a free agent, and I can offer a contract to him as a free agent.
This player had dual nationality of Sweden and Canada (not sure if that is a factor).

I would liked for him to be a restricted free agent and people could give offer-sheets. Now anyone can sign him. Is this correct? Or is there anything I could have done before the contract expired?
If you list the player's name, the guys could check if there is a rights/contract data error...
tarashnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:39 PM   #750
FultonReed
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEHLUDDITE View Post
I'm running an OHL team and encountered a crash moving from Jan.31st to Feb.1st. I ran the debug trace and it appears that the crash occurs due to open spots the program found on each NHL All-Star team.

I wonder...is this a case where FHM2 fails to replace players named to the game that get injured between being named and the game taking place?

I'm going to manually edit away all the NHL injuries to see if that works around the problem.

Edit: Could not completely empty the NHL injury list (4 players still had active DL list counters - uneditable). The workaround did not work. Maybe two of the players remaining on the DL were All-Stars, but more likely that something has gone wrong in the lines set-up for the All-Star game. This save is (sadly) broken.
I'm having the exact same issue. I posted about it in the build 29 thread, which was probably the wrong spot.
FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 07:02 AM   #751
Baldric
Bat Boy

Using a NHL game started in the previous version, the game is now crashing on January 31 in 2022.

Currently upgraded to the latest patch.

I have submitted a ticket and uploaded the Save File and the debug trace file

Last edited by Baldric; 12-11-2015 at 07:47 AM. Reason: updated information
Baldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:34 AM   #752
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Big issue in historical game. Players are being generated with the wrong names. I was able to retrace the real player names using their birthdates.

Larry Zeidel was created as Larry Tomas
Nick Mickoski was created as Nick Vladmir

Is it possible that in certain instances players are having their family names randomly generated?
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:00 PM   #753
will.arnold
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Another small bug (playing NHL in year 2020). In October, at the time when all the teams waive players, one player was marked as "claimed" by my team even though I never claimed him or did anything for him. (I had claimed another player though). My game crashed a few days later and I had to replay the waiver period, and the same player was again "claimed" by me without my knowledge. Is this a known issue?
Old 12-11-2015, 12:07 PM   #754
will.arnold
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The player is Alexander Nylander, with dual Canadian/Swedish nationality. He was drafted in the June 2016 minors draft, so he should be in the data pool. I didn't sign him until June 2018. he was in my minors as of June 30, 2020, when he disappeared as a free agent, even though he showed as being "renewed" for 1 more year at $3000. And I was not given any option to renegotiate a renewal for him.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:09 PM   #755
will.arnold
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have a question about players claimed from waivers. It seems that they lose "ratings" values when being claimed. Their ratings (for many categories) go down a bit when they get transferred to my team (either by trades, or as waiver claims). Is this a feature?
Old 12-11-2015, 12:49 PM   #756
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by will.arnold View Post
I have a question about players claimed from waivers. It seems that they lose "ratings" values when being claimed. Their ratings (for many categories) go down a bit when they get transferred to my team (either by trades, or as waiver claims). Is this a feature?
Has to do with scouting. You never see the true ratings of players, but only the estimation by your scouts, which can vary and is inaccurate.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:39 PM   #757
FalseCredential
Bat Boy

Any update on the bug causing teams to sign and then release drafted players, primarily highly drafted prospects? Teams also seem to let high potential players go, even after good seasons, when they have adequate cap space. The problem seems to persist in every game mode for me (Historical, Created, and Regular). I posted about this a while back and JeffR said that it would be looked into. I hope it gets fixed soon.
FalseCredential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 11:23 AM   #758
suomyyra
Bat Boy

I gotta problem.

This has ruined too many games for me so i had to make an account. So sometimes when i make offer from free agent, it says somebody has made an better offer and that somebody is my team. I also lose the money from free agent money pool and the specific player is no more interested on signing. Here is a pic from the message i get. aijaa
Otherwise great work on this game guys.
suomyyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 06:11 PM   #759
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Solved. Sorry, don't know how to delete.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:36 AM   #760
arca
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hello, I started a new game last week and play with whl team Victoria. My game crash after 8th October when the day is in simulation and at 16%. How could you help me please?

Thank you

Last edited by arca; 12-13-2015 at 08:37 AM.
arca is offline   Reply With Quote