Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 02-20-2016, 05:54 PM   #41
tripli00
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seequest View Post
Ever since I upgraded to the Surface pro 4, I find it exceptionally difficult to play FHM2. Because of the high resolution screen and DPI, the text size is virtually unreadable. Unlike OOTP16 that has some DPI support and text size scaling, I can play they game without have to recalibrate the display settings. The Surface Pro runs a 12.3-inch screen with 2736×1824 display at 267 pixels per inch. You can play windowed or Full screen as the text is way too small. The only way I can find to play is to drop the resolution down low, which is a pain, and it limits your other application abilities. Is there a fix coming out for this? Any sugestions? I'm sure I'm not the only one that plays on a high res screen.
Same issue for me with text scaling football manager calling me back as its readable on the lap on train
Old 02-23-2016, 10:16 AM   #42
agrimsley
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripli00 View Post
Same issue for me with text scaling football manager calling me back as its readable on the lap on train
Is there any intention in the team to add scaling to FHM2 as part of an update?
agrimsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:25 AM   #43
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrimsley View Post
Is there any intention in the team to add scaling to FHM2 as part of an update?
Not as part of an update, no. We're going to be doing a little research into resolution and platform usage by our userbase soon, though, and that'll play a role in the graphical options we have in FHM3. The number of Surface-related requests we've been getting has been a surprise.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:29 PM   #44
agrimsley
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Not as part of an update, no. We're going to be doing a little research into resolution and platform usage by our userbase soon, though, and that'll play a role in the graphical options we have in FHM3. The number of Surface-related requests we've been getting has been a surprise.
Thanks Jeff. I appreciate the response and while frustrating, I hope this is something that can be looked in to for the future versions. It makes FHM2 very difficult to play from my perspective.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:27 PM   #45
rtcurtis
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I am having the same problem. Ran original FHM since its release, just bought a Surface Book, excitedly bought FHM2 and can't read the small print.

Is the problem the same for OOTP? I've played that for many years but don't want to waste money if it too is unplayable on the new hi-res screens.

If you are getting so many "Surface-related requests" why would you not consider tackling the scaling issue?
rtcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:42 PM   #46
gekkoguy82
Minors (Single A)

I've been using FHM 2 on a Lenovo Yoga and also experience the resolution challenges like uber tiny print when using the default resolution.
gekkoguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:31 AM   #47
agrimsley
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcurtis View Post
I am having the same problem. Ran original FHM since its release, just bought a Surface Book, excitedly bought FHM2 and can't read the small print.

Is the problem the same for OOTP? I've played that for many years but don't want to waste money if it too is unplayable on the new hi-res screens.

If you are getting so many "Surface-related requests" why would you not consider tackling the scaling issue?
I can happily report that OOTP scales the text size irrelevant of the resolution so it is not an issue.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:10 PM   #48
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

So I purchased FHM 2 on a 14in Lenovo. Everything was great until I made the dumb mistake of installing Windows 10. This resulted in not being able to have Facegen or jerseys show up in the game. This also affected
OOTP 15 and 16 in the same way. Due to my obsession with Facegen and jerseys, I purchased a HP 15.6 in. laptop. My issue now is the window for FHM 2 is extremely small. When I try to maximize, the size remains constant, but shifts to the left hand corner. Is this a screen size issue? Should I just give up and wait for FHM3?
Attached Images
Image Image 
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 01:46 AM   #49
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantYankee View Post
So I purchased FHM 2 on a 14in Lenovo. Everything was great until I made the dumb mistake of installing Windows 10. This resulted in not being able to have Facegen or jerseys show up in the game. This also affected
OOTP 15 and 16 in the same way. Due to my obsession with Facegen and jerseys, I purchased a HP 15.6 in. laptop. My issue now is the window for FHM 2 is extremely small. When I try to maximize, the size remains constant, but shifts to the left hand corner. Is this a screen size issue? Should I just give up and wait for FHM3?

First off, I'm running Windows 10 and have no problem with Facegen or Jerseys. How is it affecting you?

Second, after making the change in size for the game, did you restart it? If not, it won't change the size.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:24 PM   #50
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
First off, I'm running Windows 10 and have no problem with Facegen or Jerseys. How is it affecting you?

Second, after making the change in size for the game, did you restart it? If not, it won't change the size.
Facegens and jerseys didn't show up in game after I moved from Windows 8 to Windows 10. JeffR helped me trouble shoot. I had a driver issue which affected my brightness control. Lenovo did not provide a driver and did not support Windows 10 for my model laptop.

I did restart the game but not the laptop.

Edit: So restarting did increase the window size, however the text is small.
Attached Images

Last edited by GiantYankee; 04-06-2016 at 09:48 PM. Reason: update
Old 04-06-2016, 10:52 PM   #51
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantYankee View Post
Facegens and jerseys didn't show up in game after I moved from Windows 8 to Windows 10. JeffR helped me trouble shoot. I had a driver issue which affected my brightness control. Lenovo did not provide a driver and did not support Windows 10 for my model laptop.

I did restart the game but not the laptop.

Edit: So restarting did increase the window size, however the text is small.
The Text size will not scale unfortunately, sorry.

Last edited by Adam B; 04-29-2016 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:40 PM   #52
flyers139
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
The Text size will scale unfortunately, sorry.
Will text size scale with higher resolutions in FHM3? I have been using a Lenovo Yoga as well and had posted a thread closer to launch that the ultrabook's default resolution (3200 x 1800) makes the text extremely small and hard to read. The only way around it seems to be lowering the resolution. Since this seems to finally be acknowledged here in this thread, I'm hoping there's better scaling options in FHM3.

Last edited by flyers139; 04-29-2016 at 12:41 PM.
flyers139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:35 PM   #53
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:
The Text size will not scale unfortunately, sorry.
Do we know if the screen size issue will be addressed for FHM3 (if not for FHM2)? Really want this franchise to be part of my rotation of text sims.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:51 AM   #54
NorthHaltonHighlanders
Bat Boy

So is there no point for me to buy this? I'm on a surface book and the text size is going to be a problem?
NorthHaltonHighlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 04:59 PM   #55
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
I don't have the 'game stats' and 'player info' boxes seen on your game screen on the right side. Is that a screen size issue or do I have to do something to add those to my game screen ?
Quote:
Screen size, those two boxes are basically 'bonuses' for people using the wider resolutions, with information in them that's non-critical but nice to have in sight.
My problem with this is the player info box doesn't show. A penalty box info box shows. Same width and height as the player info box and in the same spot. Is there a way to manipulate what's on the gameview screen? I'm running in 1280/800.
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 05:26 PM   #56
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm at 1920x1200 and have to open as a window and then maximize it. Crazy.. but it works!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:19 PM   #57
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
My problem with this is the player info box doesn't show. A penalty box info box shows. Same width and height as the player info box and in the same spot. Is there a way to manipulate what's on the gameview screen? I'm running in 1280/800.
Here is an image showing the penalty box instead of the player info box.
Attached Images

Last edited by crawdad5000; 07-02-2016 at 08:22 PM.
Old 07-02-2016, 09:33 PM   #58
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad5000 View Post
Here is an image showing the penalty box instead of the player info box.
What you're see is what you're suppose to see. An early version of the game had the other box, but it actually was cut for the current look.
Old 07-03-2016, 02:55 PM   #59
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
What you're see is what you're suppose to see. An early version of the game had the other box, but it actually was cut for the current look.
Thanks AdamB. I thought that might be it.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:33 PM   #60
Zyllyx
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Well, I personally hope FHM3 has dynamic sizing like OOTP17 has. I had to give up OOTP16 because I bought a Surface Pro 4 for my everyday computer, but the moment I discovered I could play OOTP17 on it without breaking out a magnifying glass, I plopped down my money post-haste.

(I'm trying to be subtle here, but what I mean to say is that if FHM3 follows suit, I'll be making an immediate purchase.)
Zyllyx is offline   Reply With Quote