Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:11 PM   #1681
SerbianEagle
Minors (Single A)

Two things I've noticed:

1. In a standard MLB, without filling minors with fictional players, each draft generates players with "Unknown" cities of birth

2. Started with Blue Jays as GM only but later changed to GM-Manager...Gibbons disappeared. I hired a new manager as the personnel page had the empty slot. Curious to see what hapened to him, I searched his name. He was still listed as Blue Jays manager on search results and on his profile I had options to Fire him. Search is the only place where I can find him though, as he does not show up on Blue Jays personnel page or under Available Personnel under League Transactions menu.
SerbianEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:46 PM   #1682
ovccsteve
All Star Reserve

Release-a-day Problem

I've noticed this quite a few times, and finally decided I should post about it. I see players, usually in a foreign league, get caught in a release-resign loop. I've attached a pic of an older player getting caught in the loop, signing 10 minor-league contracts, and being released the same day, by different teams, in 10 days. Though this is an older player, I've seen it most frequently with extremely young players.
I have also noticed the foreign leagues releasing really good prospects right after signing them for high bonuses, but I don't know if it's related.
Attached Images
ovccsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:09 PM   #1683
Moguera
Bat Boy

Unability to start a new game

Hello guys I don't know if this is the correct thread for this but please redirect me if it isn't.
I bought this game recently, really excited to start but I can't start a new game, I've tried installing and reinstalling several times but I can't get it to work. I get the following messages:

and finally the game crashes with this one

I'm really excited to play the game and I'd be really glad to have this fixed. Thanks in advance for your help!
Moguera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 03:28 AM   #1684
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

I keep having an issue with build 16.8.38 that causes Association Playoffs to where it does not advance to the next round and locks up all leagues tied within Association. Is this a known issue that has already been corrected?
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 05:47 PM   #1685
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
I keep having an issue with build 16.8.38 that causes Association Playoffs to where it does not advance to the next round and locks up all leagues tied within Association. Is this a known issue that has already been corrected?
Known issue, but is probably fixed in the current build.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 08:14 PM   #1686
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Known issue, but is probably fixed in the current build.
just installed the update. Thanks
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:02 PM   #1687
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

You're welcome.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:58 PM   #1688
bicyclemadefortwo
Bat Boy

Hi there, I'm 2 seasons into a Standard Game, and started receiving this popup message yesterday on the load screen:

An error occurred while loading the database!
Could not load storyline file

Is there any way for me to fix this? It's very vexing. I've tried replacing it with a storylines file from another save, but to no avail.
bicyclemadefortwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:33 AM   #1689
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Any ideas about my roster expansion/crash issue, as detailed here? I really don't want to have to play September with unexpanded rosters, and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it manually…
Amazin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:19 PM   #1690
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

To Moguera and bicyclemadefortwo,

for issues like you both reference, it is usually better to file a support ticket (Submit a ticket - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software), as issues with files are generally more a symptom of your system than something in the game itself.

Moguera: your issue is most likely due to missing files while the game installs, often due to a permissions issue. If you make sure to install the game as an admin, that hopefully can solve your problem.

bicyclemadefortwo: I would recommend deleting the data/storylines/default_storylines.xml file, and then re-installing the game. Most likely something has corrupted that file. If you still have problems loading games, then file a support ticket and there may be other things to try.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:18 AM   #1691
malor
Major Leagues

Plyer coming off DL assignment issue

I have a player coming off the DL that needs to be assigned. I lost the wild card game so I am no longer in the playoffs which are in the middle of the LCS.

The player needs to be assigned but the message indicates I cannot assign him in the middle of a series. Since I'm not in a series, that does not make sense. Can't place him on Rehab because minors are completed. I finally had to demote him to AAA, which did not make sense since he went on the DL from the ML roster. See screen print.

The message should not display for teams knocked out of the playoffs.

Thanks,
Tim B.
Attached Images

Last edited by malor; 11-13-2015 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Fix grammer
malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 04:18 PM   #1692
r1ck3y24
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Fictional Players Retire Earased from Leaders

I have my team filled with fictional players who all retire after every season. Regardless of age, ability, ect, every season they all retire. Beyond this being frustrating, they are then erased from all leader boards and seemingly unable to win any awards. I had a clear league MVP (age 27) who retired immediately after our playoff run ended. He lead the league in average but is no longer on any leader boards and was not even mentioned in the league MVP voting.

I am questions putting the time in for another season (this is was my fifth with this league, dealt with this retiring every season so far) unless I can figure out why this is happening. It makes it really unsatisfying to not even be able to be crowned batting champ.
r1ck3y24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 09:27 PM   #1693
mac2298
Minors (Double A)

Would really appreciate some help with this issue. I contacted OOTP support, but haven't received a response.

I'm running Mac OS X El Capitan, and every time I exit OOTP it says "OOTP Has Quit Unexpectedly" or whatever errors of similar nature say on Mac. It's not critical, but it's annoying and happens every time I quit. I've reinstalled the game twice or thrice to fix the problem, but it still prevails. Any help is greatly appreciated.
mac2298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 10:06 PM   #1694
HerbD
All Star Reserve

Before I updated to Windows 10 I could activate Facegen with 3D turned off. Since updating to Windows 10 I cannot use Facegen. The game turns it off on it's own and I cannot turn it back on.

My CPU is not very powerful as I don't play a lot of games on it. I think I have the latest driver. Frustrated that facegen worked before the upgrade but doesn't now. It says

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I'm running a Intel Pentium Processor with 6 GB Ram with Intel GMA 3100 integrated graphics.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:26 PM   #1695
philsgm7790
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac2298 View Post
Would really appreciate some help with this issue. I contacted OOTP support, but haven't received a response.

I'm running Mac OS X El Capitan, and every time I exit OOTP it says "OOTP Has Quit Unexpectedly" or whatever errors of similar nature say on Mac. It's not critical, but it's annoying and happens every time I quit. I've reinstalled the game twice or thrice to fix the problem, but it still prevails. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I wanted to report this error as well. I haven't gone as far as re-installing but I have seen it every time I have closed the game over the last few weeks. I do have the updated version. Never seen this before until now.
philsgm7790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 12:58 PM   #1696
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Extra Black Ink

Had a player traded in-season from NL to AL, where he won the batting title with .331 average. That's in bold now. However his brief NL average of .263 is also bold now.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:45 PM   #1697
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quibble with a suspended game. Tied at six in the top 8th, I bring Marcos Bruno to erase Jim Brulhart with the go-ahead run at third base. Bruno gets him with a grounder to short, ending the inning. Then the game gets suspended due to rain.

Upon resuming play the next day, the screen comes back with the situation before Brulhart's groundout. It has however been logged correctly. Upon cautiously tapping enter, the game resumes with the Raccoons' Ricardo Martinez batting in the bottom 8th. The screen however doesn't actually change until that AB is resolved.

The major issue with this is that I can't see the opposing pitcher and thus can't pinch-hit if the situation would call for it.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.

Last edited by Westheim; 11-15-2015 at 02:48 PM.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 07:03 PM   #1698
mac2298
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsgm7790 View Post
I wanted to report this error as well. I haven't gone as far as re-installing but I have seen it every time I have closed the game over the last few weeks. I do have the updated version. Never seen this before until now.
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one having this issue... means it's not just my computer! Hopefully they release a fix at some point.
mac2298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:22 PM   #1699
d3vilsfire
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac2298 View Post

Not only do i receive this, but now whenever i try to change the graphic settings from full screen to windowed, the game crashes immediately. PLEASE FIX! REALLY ANNOYING
d3vilsfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 03:18 AM   #1700
lucash
Bat Boy

So I have a question, and I'm not sure where I should post it on the forum.

I sent an email to tech support for OOTP Developments and email exchanges were consistent for a while as I and Mr Charlie (tech support individual) tried to resolve the issue, and then no reply...I sent an email a few days later checking in, and no response. Sent another one further later, nada (these being a good 3-5 days between emails).

So I'm wondering...now that it has been several weeks since any response from the fellow I was troubleshooting my OOTP issue with, any suggestions on my next course of action in resolving the game? I have yet to be able to play the game. I tried sending an email to the general info email but haven't had a reply from them. I would love to get the technical issue resolved, but if that's impossible anyone know who I should talk to about a refund? Or more so, as i purchased it through amazon, part gift card/part cash, what would i need to do if it comes to that.

Again, I'd rather not have it get to the point, but well, if memory serves me, I purchased it Sept. 19th, and the last two emails i sent were october 8th and 22nd.

Help?
lucash is offline   Reply With Quote