Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-15-2019, 06:36 PM   #1
Hrycaj
All Star Starter

Adding a minor league

A little backstory. I playing a solo league with 103 years of history built up. Minor leagues were added slowly over time. Currently, I have 3 levels with the lowest one added 32 seasons prior.

GM only
24 team major league
15 round draft
ghost players enabled
stats only

My issue is that all the teams including mine have pretty sizeable rosters at the lowest level. I'm considering adding a rookie league with an age max because I have so many young players that never crack the lineup at the lowest level. Since I am not using ratings I simply cannot cull the organization based on those factors, but I'm hesitant to simply release young players that never receive a chance to play.

I am a player that enjoys going through the minor leagues and promoting and demoting. I actively pay attention to the players statistical development. However, my concern is that adding another level will make a fun process a chore. (I find a standard MLB setup to be that way. I cannot keep up with that many minor league teams.)

I guess one option is to have less draft rounds so not as many players enter into the league. OOTP recommends my draft round amount for the size of my league and I feel they are right. 15 rounds is a nice sweet spot in terms of going through all those scouting reports and creating draft lists.

So if you made it to the end of this, thanks for reading. My question for everyone is will a rookie league. A) Stay sufficiently populated over time with a 15 round draft? B) Am I just creating more work? If a player cannot crack the lowest level of the minors they are simply not talented enough and I should just release them. More leagues is simply putting off the inevitable.

Any thoughts about this would be appreciated.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/showthread.php?t=326812
Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:05 PM   #2
battists
Hall Of Famer

I think that adding a rookie league isn’t going to solve your problem, really. At your lowest league level you will always have this challenge, whether you have three minors or ten.

It sounds like you have already found a sweet spot if you’ve made it 100+ seasons. I’m not sure the grass will be greener in this case.

Just my two cents though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2019, 10:55 PM   #3
Hrycaj
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
I think that adding a rookie league isn’t going to solve your problem, really. At your lowest league level you will always have this challenge, whether you have three minors or ten.

It sounds like you have already found a sweet spot if you’ve made it 100+ seasons. I’m not sure the grass will be greener in this case.

Just my two cents though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Appreciate the feedback. I haven't played all 100+ seasons. I jumped in at season 100. I really like to let the leagues grow and develop as an outside observer before I jump in. Your point is well taken though. I'm beginning to think that will exactly be the issue. The lowest league will at some point always have an extra bunch of players. I would just get into a cycle that I would want to avoid.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/showthread.php?t=326812
Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote