Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-02-2018, 12:41 PM   #21
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Actually, this post got me thinking:

In one pitch mode, I really think it would be cool if they incorporated those borderline foul balls every so often. For added drama, I'd have the occasional long flyball that hooks foul at the last minute, or the popup in foul ground that just falls into the stands or is dropped for an error, and the at bat contiunes. Even a check-swing appeal now and then.

Plus we need more trapped flyballs that are ruled hits, and have the ball skip behind a diving outfielder. Basically, stuff that looks like an out that is ruled a hit, or stuff that gets your hopes up, then crushes them at the last minute

Hmm... this might be a suggestion post.

Last edited by drksd4848; 05-02-2018 at 12:47 PM.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 01:10 PM   #22
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post

In one pitch mode, I really think it would be cool if they incorporated those borderline foul balls every so often. For added drama, I'd have the occasional long flyball that hooks foul at the last minute, or the popup in foul ground that just falls into the stands or is dropped for an error, and the at bat contiunes. Even a check-swing appeal now and then.

Plus we need more trapped flyballs that are ruled hits, and have the ball skip behind a diving outfielder. Basically, stuff that looks like an out that is ruled a hit, or stuff that gets your hopes up, then crushes them at the last minute

I have seen the long-fly ball, that looks like a HR, that hooks foul, and I think I have seen a dropped foul pop-up.

On the other stuff, I agree it would be cool to see some of that, as it does add some more drama.

Overall, if OOTP 19's 3D took a few steps forward so-to-speak, hopefully OOTP 20 will improve at almost the same pace. As someone who plays out all of his games, the "in-game" experience is important.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 01:10 PM   #23
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

Quote:

I've seen a few long fouls & dropped pop-ups in foul ground in one pitch.

"batter gets another chance"

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 02:11 PM   #24
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanIachimoe View Post
I've seen a few long fouls & dropped pop-ups in foul ground in one pitch.

"batter gets another chance"
In one pitch mode?
Old 05-02-2018, 02:34 PM   #25
smiller
Major Leagues

I've seen a few dropped foul balls in one-pitch. But as soon as an outfielder dives for anything, I know it's going to be caught. Would also like to see an infielder bobble the ball and still get the runner at first.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 03:25 PM   #26
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Definitely bobbled outs. That's another good one.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:59 PM   #27
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

Quote:
In one pitch mode?
yep, not very often, but it does happen.

I play out every game, it's only a handful out of maybe 5-7 years.

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:07 PM   #28
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanIachimoe View Post
yep, not very often, but it does happen.

I play out every game, it's only a handful out of maybe 5-7 years.
Hmm.... I think I need to play more
Old 05-04-2018, 09:33 PM   #29
seven
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoboda View Post
If you haven't done so already I highly recommend creating custom cam views to allow you to watch the 3D animation from the third base or first base side of the field. Particular true for watching baserunners and my favorite watching the arc of the ball which is often slicing at the same time on shots into the outfield. You have to sacrifice a ball hit into the corner on these views but you can always replay at the default or wide angles to see what happened
Exactly. Every time I watch a game played on a field I haven't used before, I start by setting up a zoom view starting at the wide view, and set either a first-base or a third-base view as well.
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:06 PM   #30
loyd_moseby
Bat Boy

Quote:
Has there been any diving plays where the ball got past the outfielder? I've yet to see one.
This is something I would like for them to fix in OOTP 20. Too many diving plays which result in an out.
loyd_moseby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:08 PM   #31
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I have seen many flyballs or line drives to the outfield be trapped and not a catch
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:24 PM   #32
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Holy Necro Batman
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:29 PM   #33
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Am I the only one that experiences the play where an infielder will get to the ball while a runner is just leaving the batter's box and they proceed to stand there with the ball and watch the runner run down the entire first base line without ever throwing the ball? Happens to me almost every game if not once/game. It usually happens in a critical situation, too.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:32 AM   #34
texasmame
All Star Starter

Quote:
Hmm.... I think I need to play more
I play each game out and this happens maybe a handful of times a year. Me likey.

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote