Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-28-2016, 11:08 AM   #81
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Attendence

What is the longest string of sellout crowds you had so far ??
Has anyone yet have a season where every game was a sellout ??
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 11:13 AM   #82
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I should note that I have never had it happen as for season sellouts.

The best for me was near sellouts from late May to September. Actually thought perhaps found the right formula but didn't work the following season as my attendance took a dive. Oh well but is a good challenge to say the least.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 01:31 PM   #83
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl518 View Post
that would be just a LITTLE bit before my time im afraid.
...And the 1962 Mets would be a little before my time...But that's what the interwebs is for.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 04:23 PM   #84
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
- Added Historical Exhibition mode, have any 2 teams from history play against each other or set up any real World Series matchup including accurate rosters)
Either as part of the above feature addition, or not, does anybody know if the bug described here - http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...stats-bug.html - has been fixed?

Also, is Historical Exhibition mode limited to 2 teams from history, or can you play an exhibition game/series among, say, 2 teams in your historical league? For example, if I just finished my historical 1942 season, can I choose the White Sox and Cubs - not from history, but from my OOTP '42 season - to play an exhibition series (sort of like a City Series)?
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:25 AM   #85
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
Either as part of the above feature addition, or not, does anybody know if the bug described here - http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...stats-bug.html - has been fixed?

Also, is Historical Exhibition mode limited to 2 teams from history, or can you play an exhibition game/series among, say, 2 teams in your historical league? For example, if I just finished my historical 1942 season, can I choose the White Sox and Cubs - not from history, but from my OOTP '42 season - to play an exhibition series (sort of like a City Series)?
The bug with exhibition stats not being tracked has been fixed.

The second one is not supported, you need to schedule the exhibition games manually.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:20 AM   #86
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

Quote:
- Recoded scouting algorithms, young players are more often overrated and veterans are more accurately scouted
Quick question about this. Is this going to be going back to the system of a few years ago that made the draft seem a lot better than it actually was? Or is it a more refined scouting system somewhere in between 16 and 14? I know this was a frequent discussion point about peoples perceptions of young guys in the game.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:01 AM   #87
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

"Added option to always allow the GM control over lineups and pitching staffs even while playing GM-only"

Thank you! Now I can stop firing my manager every time he becomes good enough to deny me control over the lineups.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:11 AM   #88
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
I do not mean to lecture anyone. I'm doing my best to include everyone, I'm doing my best to make every one feel welcome, and I'm doing my best to make the world a better place. No one deserves to be made fun of or antagonized. Especially those who have not been blessed with same strong social skills that you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
Put it in your heart and share it with others. Don't let the Donald Trumps of the world steal your joy.

FYI, this is "baiting" or trolling. Why don't you practice what you preach? You should know that there are forum members who are offended by this Donald Trump comment.

Last edited by Orcin; 02-29-2016 at 10:46 AM.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:50 AM   #89
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

So I guess this isn't going to happen.

Quote:
We will add players / coaches / managers passing away (optional) in OOTP 17.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 11:39 AM   #90
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Update 02/29 - Improved player names database (based on QuestDog's popular names mod)
Old 02-29-2016, 11:41 AM   #91
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Update 02/29 - Improved player names database (based on QuestDog's popular names mod)
Does that mean the game officially uses his mod now? Or are there just some new named added?

Basically what I'm asking is, if I prefer his nameset to the default one, do I now no longer have to download and install his separately?
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 11:55 AM   #92
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Does that mean the game officially uses his mod now? Or are there just some new named added?

Basically what I'm asking is, if I prefer his nameset to the default one, do I now no longer have to download and install his separately?
Yes, it now includes the modern version of QuestDog's names mod
Old 02-29-2016, 11:57 AM   #93
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, it now includes the modern version of QuestDog's names mod
Awesome!

QD mentioned though that it doesn't get along with the MLB QuickStart. And I actually saw that first hand. It only worked well with fictional league's.

I assume it shouldn't be a problem now that it's officially added?
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:02 PM   #94
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Awesome!

QD mentioned though that it doesn't get along with the MLB QuickStart. And I actually saw that first hand. It only worked well with fictional league's.

I assume it shouldn't be a problem now that it's officially added?
Yes, everything is fine. The names re-import had bugs in OOTP 16 which are now fixed for OOTP 17.
Old 02-29-2016, 01:25 PM   #95
Redleg
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Regular-season tiebreakers

Could we get an option to turn off the automatic scheduling of end-of-regular-season tiebreakers? I would like to break the ties myself, based on my own criteria, without playing additional regular-season games.

As it is now, If I manually delete the tiebreaker games, OOTP just reschedules them for the following day, ad infinitum. I have found no way to get past it.

If this no-tiebreaker option were enabled, I could manually set the playoff matchups and then get a dialog box asking something like, "Finalize postseason seedings and proceed to playoffs?"

Currently, though I can manually set the playoff matchups and manually play the playoffs and manually delete the tiebreaker game(s) that are continually rescheduled day after day, when I come to the end of my manual playoffs the tiebreaker game(s) are still there and the game still thinks it is in the regular season and I have no way to advance beyond that.
Redleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:58 PM   #96
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The bug with exhibition stats not being tracked has been fixed.

The second one is not supported, you need to schedule the exhibition games manually.
Good enough! Thanks
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:29 PM   #97
Timothym313
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Wrong thread. My bad!

Last edited by Timothym313; 02-29-2016 at 08:31 PM.
Timothym313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:36 PM   #98
Timothym313
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just got my pre-order in. Can't wait for another great OOTP.
Timothym313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:27 PM   #99
Trebro
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Okay, I'm in.

Trebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 11:14 AM   #100
Baebae32
Minors (Single A)

Feeder League Question

I don't know if it is just in my save but feeder league teams do not remove players from DL after they have recovered. Currently I have to go in and do it manually for each team. I want to know if this just a local problem and I seek the solution for it if it is. However if this is consistent across the board could we please get this fixed for 17. Thanks
Baebae32 is offline   Reply With Quote