Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Technical Support

FHM - Technical Support Got problems running FHM or want to report a bug? See here!

Old 09-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Lightbulb The Bug Report Thread

THIS THREAD IS FOR BUG REPORTS ONLY!

A product as complex as FHM will never release without bugs. There will be thousands of people playing and they will find things we did not discover.

If the game does not run for you at all, please check here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...l-support.html

If you have problems activating the game please read this: Activation Problems

This thread is for proper bug reporting -if you find a bug, please post a detailed explanation here. If the game crashes in a way that's reproduceable for you with a certain league file, please zip the league files (just the *.dat files, you find your saved games in your My Documents folder within the Out of the Park Developments folder, i.e. "\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\data\saved_games". FTP the zipped league files to our support server (instructions here: How to FTP files to OOTP Developments ) and add the league file name to your post.

This thread is NOT for discussing data issues, though - please use the separate data threads in this forum for that.

Thanks, and enjoy the game!

Last edited by old timer; 12-01-2014 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Brad C edited to fix "How to FTP files" link
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
Aliean
Minors (Double A)

NHL contract extentions still doesent work.Promotion to the SHL is still not working either and from what i can remember never has.both of these bugs have been reported several times and still no fix
Aliean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
Merla

The Swedish Relegation leagues are not working at all. This goes for both the Kvalserien (SHL/All) and the Relegation All/Div1.

The problem with the Kvalserien is:

* The game recognizes how many Allsvenskan teams should get promoted (so, in this way the Relegation league is OK) from the Relegation league/Kvalserien. But instead of promoting the winner/runner-up from the Relegation league, the game promotes the winner of the Allsvenskan league. So I suppose it's working somewhat correct, except for the fact that it promotes the wrong Allsvenskan team if an Allsvenskan team gets promoted.

Example:

Djurgården wins the Allsvenskan league.
Malmö Redhawks (Allsvenskan) wins the Kvalserien and the runner-up is Modo (SHL).
The result should obviously be that Malmö and Modo will play in the SHL next season. The way it is now, the game understands that 1 Allsvenskan team should be promoted. But instead of promoting Malmö Redhawks, the game promotes Djurgården.

The problem with the All/Div 1:

* Totally ignores the Relegation league. It just promotes and relegates 2 teams (and for some reason, it's always the same teams.. Skövde IK and Surahammars IF). Should work like the Kvalserien.
Merla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

I cant resign my players. The box where they should tell me what they want is blank. And even when i click meet demand and submit the offer they dont accept or anything. Please fix this really soon! This glitch makes the game almost unplayable.

Otherwise i like the game. It has potential!
Swedishgamefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
Garethw87

Swiss NLA Salaries - the salary cap for the league is set to $26,000 so each player is only earning $1,000 (as was the case with SC Bern)**

**The Swiss league is one of the best and highest paying in the world! Doesn't make it very realistic for these teams to have no money to use!

England - Salaries and finances are way out. Elite league teams with over $1m budgets and also National League teams with $300,000 budgets

Maybe not bugs but still
Old 09-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
PromisedPain
Minors (Double A)

I might be the only one, but during the NHL draft; trying to take a look at the prospects profile causes my game to crash.

Last edited by PromisedPain; 09-04-2013 at 03:07 PM.
PromisedPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #7
Troilsy
Bat Boy

Not really a bug - but there is no way of canceling "Create custom league".
Troilsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
Swiss NLA Salaries - the salary cap for the league is set to $26,000 so each player is only earning $1,000 (as was the case with SC Bern)**

**The Swiss league is one of the best and highest paying in the world! Doesn't make it very realistic for these teams to have no money to use!

England - Salaries and finances are way out. Elite league teams with over $1m budgets and also National League teams with $300,000 budgets

Maybe not bugs but still
Not sure what's going on with the Swiss salaries, those are strange even for a background league. I made a bunch of adjustments to Swiss finances last week to start getting the league ready for playable status (it's very close), but those were up, not down. I'll keep an eye on it when we get to the testing point.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #9
Kcfan88
Bat Boy

Custom League Initial Draft Bug

The inaugural draft in Custom leagues is forcing the human controlled team to select goalies.
Kcfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #10
heyyoeddie
Bat Boy

There is a bug when a player is traded for a draft pick. The email says that they were traded for themselves...

heyyoeddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #11
asilvermtzion
Minors (Double A)

in addition to the RFA signing problem, it seems that RFAs and UFAs are not sorted. they both appear in the same FA screen, with no designation (ie UFA or RFA). the RFA/offer sheet screen is always empty.
asilvermtzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #12
Vaukie
Bat Boy

Goalie problem

In my first match, i wanted to change goalie in the third period.
When I did that, I couldn´t but a Goalie under Goalie 2.
And I couldnt go back to the match because the game said that my roster was incorrect.

I had to shut down the game because I couldnt do anyting to fix it.
Vaukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #13
Bullshifter
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Runtime Error Crash

Every time (and I've only been a GM in OHL) I am in trade screen and use the scroll bar on the right to see everything Ive offered to make changes, the game locks up and crashes to desktop.this happens every time. Not sure if it's just OHL or all leagues.
Bullshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #14
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Adding a free agent to a trade, crashed the game with a run time error.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #15
pisquid
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Error Message on Play-by-Play

When I play a game, I get no play-by-play description just a continuous string of the following Error Message:

'Error: Category Not Found'

Is this a bug or something wrong with my set-up?

Last edited by pisquid; 09-03-2013 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Messed up adding a file
pisquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #16
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Team player rights have no value, seemingly, as you can pick as many as you like, no matter how good and add them to your team via trade, for next to nothing.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #17
jayze302
Minors (Double A)

Cant imagine why that image is not displaying
jayze302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #18
yzerwing
All Star Starter

When you counter an AI trade, they don't seem to ever respond.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #19
Kegleg11
Bat Boy

Can not apply for a job

I have just bought the game, and when I start the game as unemployed there are four teams that come up from the English Ice hockey league. I try to apply to them and the game will freeze up and crash. No error code or anything. Please help?
Kegleg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #20
Konstantinov
Minors (Single A)

Click or press escape to stop sim

I accidentally clicked "Auto Play Until... Next Game", and a message at the top right said something along the lines of click or press escape to stop sim.

Doing either of those actions did not do anything, the sim kept going.
Konstantinov is offline   Reply With Quote