Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 14 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #1
jimedrice
Minors (Triple A)

RANZBA (fast-sim) converting to 14

The Royal Australia-New Zealand Baseball Association (RANZBA) is a 24-team fictional league based in the Land Down Under and its smaller island neighbor.

RANZBA is a fast-sim league. We sim every weekday, Mon-Fri, with sims being approximately a month long. This way we finish season in 2 weeks of real, human time. Fast-sim is great for daily OOTP fixes and lots of action.

We've just finished our 1954 season, our fourth, converted to OOTP 14 and are looking for owners to fill our vacant slots.

Interested? Click Join RANZBA for a form, or just shoot me a PM letting me know what team you are interested in. If you've played OOTP but never played fast-sim you need to give it a shot -- after 10 years of online OOTP leagues I got hooked by my first fast-sim league, so much so I started RANZBA when it folded.

Open teams include:

(from L to R) Dunedin Highlanders, Collingwood Magpies, North Melbourne Kangaroos, Canberra Koalas, Port Adelaide Dockers

A few RANZBA tidbits:
  • Coaches & Scouts are off
  • Hard salary cap of $90 million (but no salary pressure yet)
  • Tradeable draft picks
  • StatsLab Amateur Draft

RANZBA :: it's the greatest FAST-SIM league in OOTP (It might be the only one)

Last edited by jimedrice; 08-31-2013 at 10:47 AM.
jimedrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
jimedrice
Minors (Triple A)

The Eels have been spoken for. v14 file will be available tomorrow as we wrap up 1954, our fourth season
Old 08-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
SayHeyKid4ever
Bat Boy

I highly recommend RANZBA. Sam, our commissioner, is among the best in the OOTP universe. Never misses a sim, great communicator to the league's GM's, and constantly maintains and updates the league's webpage.

The competition is stimulating, as the GM's are an OOTP experienced group. If you are looking for a respectful, mature, sane, and fun group, RANZBA will resonates toward that desire.

I joined RANZBA at its origins. I had no doubts that RANZBA's quality would be high because of prior OOTP experience with the comissioner and many of the original GMs. I did have my doubts about whether I would enjoy the league's pace. Despite having a busy personal schedule, I discovered the upbeat nature of a fast sim as enjoyable as my other league's sim schedules: a 7 days/sim, 2 weeks/sim, and a one day/sim.

I apologize for a lengthy reply, but I wholeheartedly recommend RANZBA as a quality and enjoyable experience.

Last edited by SayHeyKid4ever; 08-24-2013 at 12:36 PM.
SayHeyKid4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #4
phe0bus
Bat Boy

Great League to Get Into

I am the guy who took over the Eels- by far the worst team in the league- way worse than the Mets ever were- and I had a very easy time getting started. The commissioner made it all very easy. The rules and procedures for the league and getting started are all written out on the league web-site. Even though I had full access to this information, since it was my first league, the commissioner made sure that I was all set by personally e-mailing me and offering to answer all of my questions.

In short it is a good league for beginners as well as veterans.
phe0bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:48 AM   #5
jimedrice
Minors (Triple A)

The Kangaroos have been claimed.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:00 PM   #6
dcompguru
Bat Boy

Re: RANZBA (fast-sim) converting to 14

I may be interested in the highlanders. Can you PM so specifics?. I like the sound of fast Sims. I'm dedicated and active.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
dcompguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #7
jimedrice
Minors (Triple A)

Highlanders, Dockers & Koalas claimed.

Collingwood Magpies remain the open team.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #8
jimedrice
Minors (Triple A)

Collingwood has been claimed but the Wollongang Roosters, who just won the Capital Division of the Cook Conference are available. They'll be competing for the 1955 RANZBA Premiership tomorrow.

Last edited by jimedrice; 09-03-2013 at 07:44 PM.
jimedrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #9
jimedrice
Minors (Triple A)

RANZBA has just finished the 1956 season and the Adelaide Crows are looking for a new GM.

The Crows finished the 1956 season at 81-81. They are in good shape for the future with the 4th best minor league system and some good young major league players.

RANZBA is fast-sim -- a season in 2 weeks -- with a salary cap that hasn't caused headaches yet, an online draft via utility, tradeable draft picks and sims every weekday. Check us out.

Old 09-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #10
jimedrice
Minors (Triple A)

The Crows have a new GM but we also need a new Auckland Warriors GM

The Warriors are another .500 team, but they actually won the weak New Zealand division.