Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 11-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
eMLBCommish
All Star Reserve

One of the oldest leagues in OOTP History has openings!

Hi guys,

eMLB Baseball needs at least 4 new owners. It's a league I began 13 years ago, and is finishing its 26th season of running. This is eMLB 2.0, so this is the 6th season in this universe. We're a historical league finishing the 2003 season, with some fictional players from 1.0's history included. All players who made the majors are available in the year they were drafted and signed. I also include Cuban defectors and Japanese players to the FA Pool for that offseason (Hideki Matsui and Jose Contreras for example)

We are using the latest version of OOTP 13, and will remain on 13 until I'm ready to consider an upgrade (most likely OOTP 15)

We're getting close to the offseason! Contact me today!

The following teams, and a brief history, are available (Click team name to go to their team page):

Kansas City Royals (46-91, 5th Place in AL Central - Projected 3rd Pick in Draft: Well, the good news is the Royals are going to be an improvement from last season. The bad news is the continued futility keeps going. The team has taken risks it regrets (Randy Johnson clearly past his prime, Mark McGwire near there). McGwire was only good for the first season, but a disappointment the rest. Relying on 35 yr old Shane Reynolds with a contract for 3 more guaranteed years (and a team optional 4th) is a sign of the potential problems here. There is certainly talent on the team in Jeremy Sassanella and Corey Hart, but there needs to be more depth. The team will need to run on a lower payroll for a bit, unless they can turn it around. There will be around $10 million less payroll next season to help out, but the available funds will certainly need to be used wisely. Like any team in this situation, it will take time and a consistent plan to turn it around.

Minnesota Twins (79-57, 1st in AL Central): It's not often a team is available that is able to compete from the moment you get them. Here's one that is. Solid talent all around, a decent farm system, and upside. There's still decisions to be made on talent like Brad Radke, and what to do about aging stars like Larry Walker & Darryl Kile, who the team holds an option for next season. There's no guarantee this team makes the playoff, with Cleveland a half game back, and the White Sox 5 1/2 back.

San Diego Padres (66-71, 3rd Place in NL West - 10 1/2 GB): Once upon a time, this team was in the World Series in 2.0's first season of 1998. They went on to win more than 94 games in '99, but lose in the NLCS. Then the Y2K bug apparently affected this team's ability to win, having suffered their worst season in '02 with 66 wins. There's nowhere to go but up...right? So far, so good, as the team is already at their win total from last season, and has 25 games remaining. The team remains led by the 35 year old John Olerud, who is enjoying his best season since 2000. The team also drafted smart in the Rule V draft, and found a gem in RF David Kim, who's hit .321, 11 HR, 45 RBI in 243 AB. The team has a low payroll, and should have more room this offseason. There's at least two top 100 Prospects in the system. The biggest issue for 2004 is what to do with replacing Trevor Hoffman, who will most likely miss the entire '04 season due to Tommy John surgery. He was enjoying his best season as his eMLB 2.0 history before the injury in late August.

San Francisco Giants (48-89, 5th Place in NL East - Projected 4th Pick in Draft): Time apparently has caught up to the G-Men, who relied on an older nucleus of veterans to make their mark. Barry Bonds has already announced his retirement, so the team will free up $11.5 million next season. A very affordable Jeff Bagwell (.265, 26 HR, 75 RBI) may be on the move to bring in some extra pieces. With a cost of $3.8 million over the next two seasons, he can bring value or prospects in. Jeff Kent continues to be the biggest offensive threat on this team. Pitching went from solid to paltry this season, and there's not many possibilities in the farm at the moment. While no one is considered a top prospect, C Mike Napoli looks like an absolute masher in the making, OF Jul Pierce looks like he's looking to replace Bonds. The team's payroll will drop from $73 million to $46 million next season, so one possibility is to build through Free Agency. This is certainly a project to take over.

---------------

If interested, send me a message via AIM (eMLBCommish), here on PM, or contact me at commissioner@emlb-baseball.com.

Thanks again for reading. See you on the field!

LB

The Man Behind eMLB - https://atl-02.statsplus.net/emlb/re..._150_home.html

Proud OOTP Affiliate Streamer
Proud Twitch Partner (Partnered 3/15/22)

Last edited by eMLBCommish; 12-01-2013 at 11:57 AM.
eMLBCommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
mikedacroat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

i pm'd you about my interest in joining
mikedacroat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #3
eMLBCommish
All Star Reserve

I've got two openings. Looking for someone who's willing to take on the challenge that is eMLB! Two greats teams available, capable of being immediately competitive, and can go to the next level with the right leadership!

Old 01-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
robster1225
Hall Of Famer

Can I come back?
robster1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
eMLBCommish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by robster1225 View Post
Can I come back?
Of course!

Old 01-27-2013, 04:22 PM   #6
robster1225
Hall Of Famer

Sign me up, then, wadda ya waitin for?

I'll hit ya up over there.
robster1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
paulval13
Bat Boy

Cubs

Hi my name is Paul. I would be interested in taking over as the Cubs GM. I have played OOTP solo since version 8. I currently have OOTP 13. I have been playing in online leagues for the past 3 seasons. My email is paulval13 @gmail.com

Paul
paulval13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #8
eMLBCommish
All Star Reserve

All teams are currently taken, but you are welcome to be considered on the Waiting List for when there is an opening.

Thanks for your interest.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #9
eMLBCommish
All Star Reserve

Hi again,

A new season, and two openings I didn't expect. I've updated the first post and provided links to their respective team pages.

I'm travelling a bit today, so I'd best suggest contacting me on AIM if you are interested.

Free Agency begins tomorrow! Act now! Supplies of teams go fast in this longtime, stable universe!

Old 05-24-2013, 11:07 AM   #10
eMLBCommish
All Star Reserve

The Giants have been taken. The Phillies remain available.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #11
eMLBCommish
All Star Reserve

Due to technical issues, the Padres have become available again. Need to fill the Padres and Phillies ASAP.

We just entered Free Agency, and our one sim away from the eMLB Winter Meetings, which we do live on AIM!

Old 06-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #12
eMLBCommish
All Star Reserve

Winter Meetings will be tomorrow night at 8 PM on AIM. Good chance to meet members of the community, near half have been with the league more than 5 real life years!

Contact me on AIM today (eMLBCommish), as I have the app on my phone. I'll see that quicker than an email or PM.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #13
eMLBCommish
All Star Reserve

Padres taken. Phillies remain available. Winter Meetings tomorrow night at 8 PM!

Old 06-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #14
eMLBCommish
All Star Reserve

I thought we had a Phillies GM, but he won't work out. So the Phils are available. I've been acting as proxy during the offseason, so the team has not been dormant during the offseason, and is trying to improve in Free Agency.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #15
eMLBCommish
All Star Reserve

I've opened up 4 teams to be available. We will be with OOTP 13 for at least '04, and possibly '05. I'll evaluate if we switch to OOTP 15 when more information is available.

For more information, contact me on AIM (fastest way to reach me).

Next sim is tomorrow, and teams have roughly 25 games left this season to impact the offseason!

Any questions, let me know!