Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 07-30-2009, 12:20 PM   #141
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

the site didnt work for me because i'm running on firefox, but my cousin (the owner of this computer) says that he has the .net thing. It's still not working though...
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:26 PM   #142
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by damientheomen3 View Post
the site didnt work for me because i'm running on firefox, but my cousin (the owner of this computer) says that he has the .net thing. It's still not working though...
That site works fine on Firefox. I just went to it.

He likely does have the .net framework installed, but that doesn't mean it's version 3.5.

You can also tell by going into "Add or Remove Programs" in the control panel. Check the "Show Updates" box at the top, then scroll down until you see Microsoft .net Framework.

This site can you walk you through this process: How to Check What Version of Microsoft .NET Framework is Installed in Computer Raymond.CC Blog
Old 08-05-2009, 05:37 PM   #143
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neags23 View Post
So for an update on this...

I have good news and bad news.

For the good, I have a barebones version of TeamRater working (i.e., no graphs, yet, lots of bugs, etc.).

The bad news is that it's dreadfully slow. It's slower than a herd of snails traveling through peanut butter.

To get a single team's rating, it takes almost 20 seconds. For a 30 team league, that's almost 10 minutes. That's also unacceptable.

I'm going to spend some time trying to figure out why it's so slow. In the meantime, I'll be putting up a new build some time today so you guys can check it out and maybe spot check the accuracy of this thing, because it's quite hard to tell if the results are accurate or not.

A couple of caveats:
1) There are lots of bugs in the TeamRater part. I know that, no need to report them, yet.
And B) It uses an additional .csv from your OOTP export: player_career_batting_stats.csv.
And 3) Again, it's slow. I'd recommend only running it for one team right now, unless you want to start it, go make a sandwich, take the dog for a walk, come back and take a shower, then take a nap and then read The Exodus. Then it should be done.

I'll just update the link in my signature and post again when I upload the build.
Terrible, terrible news with this.

My hard drive on my work laptop died yesterday when I dropped it. All of the code for this is gone. All of my code for the development tracker is gone. Hell, everything is gone. Music, my OOTP leagues...

I feel like I uploaded code somewhat recently to a website somewhere, but for the life of me I can't remember where.

If I ever find it, I'll look into re-doing this, as I know what I was doing. And actually I was finished. I brought the slowness down to about 20 seconds per league. Which I thought was fine.

I still feel sick. I guess that will teach me not to back up things....
Old 08-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #144
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Crap, Neags. That IS terrible. Maybe the site you uploaded to will come back to you. I hope so. That still doesn't recover all the other things that are lost. Really. I feel just terrible for you. That site wasn't, by any chance, the same one your prog was linked to was it? I don't recall ever utilizing that before your latest versions. Maybe you plunked it up on that one?

Well. Hoping for some miracle to recover things or compensate for the loss. Either way, I hope for the best. Doggone it.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #145
Afino
Hall Of Famer

That blows. Here's hoping you find a copy!

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:54 PM   #146
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
That site wasn't, by any chance, the same one your prog was linked to was it? I don't recall ever utilizing that before your latest versions. Maybe you plunked it up on that one?
I think it was, but they save the URL's with random strings. And allow you to upload without creating an account. So unless I saved the URL, somewhere...

On a somewhat bright note, I did find the original devTracker2 code that works with OOTP 9. It's about a year old, though. So I wouldn't have to start completely from scratch.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #147
kbensel
Minors (Single A)

Neags23,

I am so sorry to hear that! I hope you are able to recover your things from the hard drive. DevTracker and what you do for the OOTP community is secondary to other, more important things.

Best of luck.
kbensel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:37 PM   #148
endgame
Hall Of Famer

TeamRater will just have to be reborn in another OOTP life. There was just nothing like it available. We have DevTracker, so we're not totally lost, but TeamRater was the prospect I was waiting to put in the lineup.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:48 PM   #149
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbensel View Post
Neags23,

I am so sorry to hear that! I hope you are able to recover your things from the hard drive. DevTracker and what you do for the OOTP community is secondary to other, more important things.

Best of luck.
Thanks, but according to the IT guy, it's dead and gone. No looking back now. The music I can always get back. I think most of my pictures are still on my phone. So the big losses are my OOTP leagues and the code for my utilities. Not so much because of the code itself, but for all the time I put into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
TeamRater will just have to be reborn in another OOTP life. There was just nothing like it available. We have DevTracker, so we're not totally lost, but TeamRater was the prospect I was waiting to put in the lineup.
Does anyone have the very latest version of TeamRater for OOTP9? I'm hoping they'll still have the .dll files. I've found a program that will take the .dll files and reverse engineer them to give you the code. If I can get that, I'll just spend an hour or so tweaking that code to update it to work with OOTPX. It won't be as cool or accurate as the new version, and it won't work with baselines, but at least it'll be a running program for OOTPX.

I can also use that reverse engineering program for the latest version that's out there of devTracker. I'm not sure how will the program works, and if the code is exactly how it was before. But if it's successful, that latest version of devTracker out there has some code from the new TeamRater in it, but not much. And I'd probably changed most of it. But if nothing else, it has the most up to date devTracker code.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #150
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Dreadful news. Sorry about your misfortune, Neags.

I am a bit surprised that nothing can be recovered from the HDD. I have been in the spot where I was tapped to recover data from dropped laptops, and gotten the data off it. How far was the drop? These things are supposed to withstand several hundred G's. Even destroying them on purpose (which I have had to do) is hard.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:29 PM   #151
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo View Post
Dreadful news. Sorry about your misfortune, Neags.

I am a bit surprised that nothing can be recovered from the HDD. I have been in the spot where I was tapped to recover data from dropped laptops, and gotten the data off it. How far was the drop? These things are supposed to withstand several hundred G's. Even destroying them on purpose (which I have had to do) is hard.
It actually wasn't that far. A few feet, at most. The laptop would start to boot into Windows, even, and then start to run a chkdsk, but would always freeze, whether you tried to skip it or let it run. I couldn't even get into Windows in safe mode. So the IT guy ran some different thing on it, and it run for like 22 hours before he gave up. He started to move stuff off of it onto a network drive, and was able to get a few empty folders and a folder of pictures before he says an error popped up and everything froze, then was gone.

Sounded weird to me, too, but it's a company laptop and he's the one in charge of that stuff. So I just have to go along with it.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #152
Neags23
All Star Starter

Does anyone have the latest TeamRater still from version 9? Even just the .exe will do.

I linked it here, but that download link died when I had to move all of my stuff a few months ago (I should really go through my threads and edit those links...).

I used the reverse engineering program on devTracker, and the results are mixed. It changes a lot of the code structure, renames a lot of the variables to garbage names (like <>$2345@$) and changes some integer numbers to their hex values.

However, that's better than no code at all, right? ......right?
Old 08-06-2009, 04:07 PM   #153
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Neags, I'm relatively sure I have the original .rar files from the last version or two, likely including 9. I'll check late this evening when I can get to my home PC and forward you what I have or inform you about what I have.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:14 AM   #154
endgame
Hall Of Famer

I emailed you what I found, Neags, but had a little trouble getting it to send in two different formats. Let me know if you get either and if anything is of any help if you do.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:59 PM   #155
Neags23
All Star Starter

Thanks, EG. That is what I was looking for.

This reverse engineering program for .exe and .dll files sure does make ugly code much uglier, though. I wasn't a fan of the TeamRater code last time I made a fix for it, and it's even worse now.

I'll see if there's anything I can do with it.

Thanks again!
Old 08-10-2009, 10:24 AM   #156
Neags23
All Star Starter

Thought this was pretty cool! First mention of my devTracker somewhere other than this mods forum:

FOOL 2024 Offseason thread - Front Office Football Central

I get excited about that kinda stuff easily, I guess...
Old 08-10-2009, 11:52 AM   #157
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neags23 View Post
Thought this was pretty cool! First mention of my devTracker somewhere other than this mods forum:

FOOL 2024 Offseason thread - Front Office Football Central

I get excited about that kinda stuff easily, I guess...
Justifiably so, Neags. It's good work and adds a lot to the immersion aspect of management. We appreciate your efforts.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:35 AM   #158
Neags23
All Star Starter

For those of you interested, just uploaded a TeamRater for OOTPX.

Don't get TOO excited, though, because it doesn't use the devTracker baselines. Just a version similar to the one for OOTP9.

Thread is here.

As always, your comments, suggestions, bug reports, complaints, etc. are welcome.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:44 PM   #159
Neags23
All Star Starter

New utility: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...available.html

This is basically the DevTracker, but it uses scouted ratings instead of actual.

This can be used for any league, even if you're in an online league.

Give it a try!
Old 09-07-2009, 06:52 PM   #160
kbensel
Minors (Single A)

Hi Neags,

Just downloaded ScoutingTracker, and about to start playing with it.

Are you planning on going back to DevTracker at some point? I know that you were (are?) very frustrated by the loss of the code, but I'm hoping that you return to it at some point, since DevTracker is fantastic for understanding how ratings change over time and as a result of injuries.

Hmm... Would ScoutingTracker work like DevTracker on a league without scouts?

Thanks!
kbensel is offline   Reply With Quote