Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 07-18-2009, 01:58 AM   #121
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neags23 View Post
Even after reading again the instructions I wrote, I'm still not sure what you're talking about...

Did you find what you were looking for in the instructions?
Wrathchild, are you sure it's not this option?
Attached Images

Last edited by endgame; 07-18-2009 at 02:25 AM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:00 AM   #122
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbensel View Post
My feedback is only negative in that it's pointing out an issue I'm having (which could be on my end, of course edit: it was. See below.). My impression of the program is decidedly not negative.

From an earlier post by Neags23 to Afino, which I believe is the one you were referencing: "go into your import_export folder, and delete the devTracker2_baselines folder. Re run the program."

That makes it sound like there should be a devTracker2_baselines folder in the import_export folder of the league I'm trying to track, correct? I ask because there isn't any such folder.

Oh, wait.. maybe I'm being exceedingly dumb. I am trying to run this on an OOTP 9 league. I thought (maybe I completely imagined this) that this version of the program would work on either an OOTP 9 or OOTP 10 league. Is that the mistake I'm making?

I ran this on an OOTP 10 league and it worked fine. Is there a version that works on OOTP 9 leagues?

And to answer your last question, I'm using Windows XP with SP3.
I saw in a later post that you found the one that works with OOTP 9. I should probably make some kind of toggle or something to allow this version to work with 9, too, but that's a bit of a hassle, because the baseline format is different, and I figured not that many people would still be using 9. The good news, though, is that the version that works with 10 will automagically convert your existing baselines for when/if you decide to move over to OOTP 10. There's also no new features in the newer version vs. the one that works for 9, so you're not really missing out on anything.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:04 AM   #123
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
I might add to this - as it's been mentioned before, but not recently:

The program will gather and present its data much more quickly if you actually select a starting and ending baseline date rather than let either default to Oldest or Newest. So, for example, if you want to compare the very earliest baseline to the very latest baseline, actually select the earliest date and the latest date. If either end of the baseline comparisons are used, select that date rather than the Oldest or Newest terminology. I know, that begs the case for why are they there then? I suppose it's for ease of use, but I have noticed - and I don't think it's my imagination or hallucinatory memories - that DT loads more quickly following that routine.
There is no good programming/computing reason this should be true, other than there is one single line of code that must be executed if you select the "Oldest Baseline" or "Newest Baseline" text rather than specific text. And that one line of code is a simple line that shouldn't take any longer to execute than it takes to blink.

That being said, it seems to be the case. I need to put some actual testing on this and see, but in my personal use of the program, I usually only run it for one team at a time, rather than the whole league, and that takes all of 3 seconds to run. So I just leave "Newest Baseline" selected.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:21 AM   #124
kbensel
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I saw in a later post that you found the one that works with OOTP 9. I should probably make some kind of toggle or something to allow this version to work with 9, too, but that's a bit of a hassle, because the baseline format is different, and I figured not that many people would still be using 9. The good news, though, is that the version that works with 10 will automagically convert your existing baselines for when/if you decide to move over to OOTP 10. There's also no new features in the newer version vs. the one that works for 9, so you're not really missing out on anything.
In my opinion there's no need for a toggle (since you said it would be a hassle and you're working on other things), as long as the old version can be found. And clearly, it can be.
kbensel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:22 AM   #125
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
I've isolated this crash, and I think I may have it fixed. I'm about to test and update the download link.
Okay, I lied. My 'fix' ended up breaking something else. So scratch this. And I'm too tired to keep going, so I'll have to look at this..... maybe tomorrow. I'll try for that. But if it's not tomorrow, then it might be Monday or even Tuesday.

Thankfully, it's not a major crash (though as a programmer, I wonder if there's any such thing as a crash that's not major).
Old 07-18-2009, 10:02 AM   #126
Afino
Hall Of Famer

A feature I would enjoy: being able to default to a certain scale.

I use 1-10 in my universe, and I'd prefer to look at numbers that way in devTracker. I have to switch over to it every time I open and close the program. Not a big deal, but you're looking for feedback so I figured why not

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:37 AM   #127
Wrathchild
Banned

Infractions: 0/3 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Wrathchild, are you sure it's not this option?
Yeah, it's not that. It was definitely an export function, but now I'm starting to wonder if it was a different program completely. I'm just not sure what other program I would've been messing with that would have an option to export its game database.
Wrathchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:53 AM   #128
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post

I use 1-10 in my universe, and I'd prefer to look at numbers that way in devTracker. I have to switch over to it every time I open and close the program. Not a big deal, but you're looking for feedback so I figured why not
This is a good idea and would've thought I'd included this. I'll add it in soon. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 07-18-2009, 12:38 PM   #129
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Okay, I lied. My 'fix' ended up breaking something else. So scratch this. And I'm too tired to keep going, so I'll have to look at this..... maybe tomorrow. I'll try for that. But if it's not tomorrow, then it might be Monday or even Tuesday.

Thankfully, it's not a major crash (though as a programmer, I wonder if there's any such thing as a crash that's not major).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post

A new build is available in my sig that fixes the above crash (minimize to check for export, open, then minimize again), and adds in ability to default to a certain scale. The scale default is handled automatically. You use a scale once, it will default to that one next time you load up the program.

Any issues, lemme know!
Old 07-18-2009, 12:45 PM   #130
Wrathchild
Banned

Infractions: 0/3 (3)
Ok, folks. I figured out what I was talking about, and boy do I feel stupid. The option for incrementally changed data I was talking about was for backups, not exports. As you were.
Wrathchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:05 PM   #131
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Now that I finished my first season and am contemplating off-season decisions, I had a dream about TeamRater.

Coupled with waiting for Markus to get back and address the issues in BZ, my life may be on pause.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:38 PM   #132
Neags23
All Star Starter

I took a week off from looking at this. I'll get going again, soon, though. I have an idea about where I'm going with it, so it's pretty much just a matter of a lot of typing. A bit early to give a timing estimate, but shouldn't take more than a few weeks (I hope).
Old 07-25-2009, 05:48 PM   #133
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I took a week off from looking at this. I'll get going again, soon, though. I have an idea about where I'm going with it, so it's pretty much just a matter of a lot of typing. A bit early to give a timing estimate, but shouldn't take more than a few weeks (I hope).
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:10 AM   #134
Neags23
All Star Starter

So for an update on this...

I have good news and bad news.

For the good, I have a barebones version of TeamRater working (i.e., no graphs, yet, lots of bugs, etc.).

The bad news is that it's dreadfully slow. It's slower than a herd of snails traveling through peanut butter.

To get a single team's rating, it takes almost 20 seconds. For a 30 team league, that's almost 10 minutes. That's also unacceptable.

I'm going to spend some time trying to figure out why it's so slow. In the meantime, I'll be putting up a new build some time today so you guys can check it out and maybe spot check the accuracy of this thing, because it's quite hard to tell if the results are accurate or not.

A couple of caveats:
1) There are lots of bugs in the TeamRater part. I know that, no need to report them, yet.
And B) It uses an additional .csv from your OOTP export: player_career_batting_stats.csv.
And 3) Again, it's slow. I'd recommend only running it for one team right now, unless you want to start it, go make a sandwich, take the dog for a walk, come back and take a shower, then take a nap and then read The Exodus. Then it should be done.

I'll just update the link in my signature and post again when I upload the build.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:36 AM   #135
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

so i'm not a frequent user of mods. where do i extract this to?
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:39 AM   #136
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by damientheomen3 View Post
so i'm not a frequent user of mods. where do i extract this to?
Anywhere you want. This doesn't need to be in the OOTP folder or anything. Just remember where you extract it, because you'll need to run the .exe.

And remember, you'll need to export your .csv files from OOTP to use this. That can be done via 'Database Info' under the 'Game' menu in OOTP.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #137
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

i exported the CSV files, but when I select my league and continue, it says it can't find the files, then when i press continue again, it says it's not responding. i'm running on XP.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:02 PM   #138
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
i exported the CSV files, but when I select my league and continue, it says it can't find the files, then when i press continue again, it says it's not responding. i'm running on XP.
Did you export all your csv files? There are six that it needs, but just for the heck of it, export all of them.

Also, make sure none of them are open in excel or anything.

Finally, make sure you have the .net framework 3.5 installed.

If you're not sure and don't know how to tell, this page can tell you:
Get the .NET Framework Fast - Download the smallest .NET Framework Distribution possible
Old 07-30-2009, 12:07 PM   #139
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

just to be sure, the button you press is 'export to CSV files' right?
Old 07-30-2009, 12:09 PM   #140
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
just to be sure, the button you press is 'export to CSV files' right?
Yep, that sounds right.