Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 07-17-2009, 05:12 PM   #101
Wrathchild
Banned

Infractions: 0/3 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Oh, sorry, IN the program. Yeah, I think it's in the File dropdown. Only show changes or something on that order.
No, no, no. Our wires are definitely crossed here. I'm talking about in OOTP, not DevTracker. I don't know where it was or how I did it.
Wrathchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:14 PM   #102
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbensel View Post
I just tried using this on my at-home league but had a problem with the initial setup of the baseline. Here is a screenshot of the error message I got:

I have exported the .csv files a couple of times to make sure that it worked properly, and when I open the leagues.csv file using Excel it appears to be fine.

Any ideas?
There's a quirk somewhere that this is showing up as often as it has been reported. On the other hand, it may just be that more people are finally becoming interested in using it and as a result the feedback - even negative - increases. Good news is, people are trying it!

I'd do this kb: delete the devtracker baseline folder. Read up a few posts to one by Afino for reference. Delete the files in the Import/Export folder that pertain to this one OR simply export again and let them be overwritten. Try the program again and see what happens.

Also, what OS are you using?
Old 07-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #103
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathchild View Post
No, no, no. Our wires are definitely crossed here. I'm talking about in OOTP, not DevTracker. I don't know where it was or how I did it.
Okay, step away from the pipe. It's all right. No one's here to hurt you.

The only place I KNOW of that actually says only report items that have changed is in the Dev Tracker program, either it's options or in the File dropdown. I don't remember which.

The only place I KNOW you can configure which csv files to export is on that Database Info page and in the Almanac section and maybe the latter has that option in it. I don't recall.

Do you have any recollection about what the menu might have looked like, and is that what you were asking about in that 'popup' question where you had a choice about what to export? If that's the case, I'm not sure I've ever seen it and it sounds like an online option. That's all I got, bud. Hope you find it.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:41 PM   #104
kbensel
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Yes. As long as the game has them, I think this program will have them. I've even tried exporting to Excel with the option to eliminate special characters (or something of the like) and even Excel still shows them! I don't have a good answer for you there. I've had to do a little finessing to find the exact player I was looking for, on occasion.
I find the easiest way is to use a global Replace in Excel. The special characters which are typically used are the following:

ñ (hold down ALT key and type "164" without the quotes)
é (ALT + 130)
á (ALT + 160)
í (ALT + 161)
ó (ALT + 162)
ú (ALT + 163)

I just change those to their Anglicized equivalents (n, e, a, i, o, and u).

Hope this helps.
kbensel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #105
Wrathchild
Banned

Quote:
Okay, step away from the pipe. It's all right. No one's here to hurt you.

The only place I KNOW of that actually says only report items that have changed is in the Dev Tracker program, either it's options or in the File dropdown. I don't remember which.

The only place I KNOW you can configure which csv files to export is on that Database Info page and in the Almanac section and maybe the latter has that option in it. I don't recall.

Do you have any recollection about what the menu might have looked like, and is that what you were asking about in that 'popup' question where you had a choice about what to export? If that's the case, I'm not sure I've ever seen it and it sounds like an online option. That's all I got, bud. Hope you find it.
I'm thinking the instructions for what I'm looking for as to how to export the data was in the text startup screen for DevTracker. I don't know how to bring that back up to see whether that's what I'm looking for not.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:01 PM   #106
kbensel
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
There's a quirk somewhere that this is showing up as often as it has been reported. On the other hand, it may just be that more people are finally becoming interested in using it and as a result the feedback - even negative - increases. Good news is, people are trying it!

I'd do this kb: delete the devtracker baseline folder. Read up a few posts to one by Afino for reference. Delete the files in the Import/Export folder that pertain to this one OR simply export again and let them be overwritten. Try the program again and see what happens.

Also, what OS are you using?
My feedback is only negative in that it's pointing out an issue I'm having (which could be on my end, of course edit: it was. See below.). My impression of the program is decidedly not negative.

From an earlier post by Neags23 to Afino, which I believe is the one you were referencing: "go into your import_export folder, and delete the devTracker2_baselines folder. Re run the program."

That makes it sound like there should be a devTracker2_baselines folder in the import_export folder of the league I'm trying to track, correct? I ask because there isn't any such folder.

Oh, wait.. maybe I'm being exceedingly dumb. I am trying to run this on an OOTP 9 league. I thought (maybe I completely imagined this) that this version of the program would work on either an OOTP 9 or OOTP 10 league. Is that the mistake I'm making?

I ran this on an OOTP 10 league and it worked fine. Is there a version that works on OOTP 9 leagues?

And to answer your last question, I'm using Windows XP with SP3.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:22 PM   #107
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is there a version that works on OOTP 9 leagues?

Try here.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...available.html

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:03 PM   #108
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I find the easiest way is to use a global Replace in Excel. The special characters which are typically used are the following:

ñ (hold down ALT key and type "164" without the quotes)
é (ALT + 130)
á (ALT + 160)
í (ALT + 161)
ó (ALT + 162)
ú (ALT + 163)

I just change those to their Anglicized equivalents (n, e, a, i, o, and u).

Hope this helps.
Thank you! I will definitely give that try next time I'm working with the program. Much appreciated.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:07 PM   #109
kbensel
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
After a bit of searching through that thread for a working link, I found it. Thanks!
Old 07-17-2009, 08:07 PM   #110
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My feedback is only negative in that it's pointing out an issue I'm having (which could be on my end, of course edit: it was. See below.). My impression of the program is decidedly not negative.
Precisely the kind of negative that lends itself to becoming a positive and thank you for that! It's exactly the kind of feedback Neags needs to continue to improve the program and address any bumps along the way. Not to unduly speak for him, but I'm confident he wants to hear about each and every little thing that doesn't go quite right so he can make it right, including suggestions for future enhancements.

Thanks again for your comments, kbensel.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:39 PM   #111
timlowery
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neags23 View Post
I'll update my sig with the version that works for 64-bit. It'll also work for others, but Afino was the only one having issues with that, so I didn't figure anyone else would. My mistake. Try downloading the updated version in my signature and let me know if that fixes it.
I'm up and running! Thanks!!!

Proud Detroit Tigers fan since 1979!!!

It's not one thing after another, it's the same thing all the time....

timlowery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #112
Wrathchild
Banned

Has anyone figured out what it is I'm babbling about yet? Is there any way to reactivate the DevTracker instructions?
Old 07-18-2009, 02:11 AM   #113
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Has anyone figured out what it is I'm babbling about yet? Is there any way to reactivate the DevTracker instructions?
It's probably the same way you reactivate the initial option screen in OOTP: uninstall it and reinstall it. You might simply try extracting your original .rar file again and see if the pseudo-installation starts it over. Otherwise, I'd try the former. If you don't want to go through the motions, hang tight for a bit. I'll run mine as I've never checked the Don't Show Me Again option, I'll see if it's there, and post a screenie if I suspect it looks like what you're looking for. I may just post it just to post it, too.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:19 AM   #114
endgame
Hall Of Famer

If there's a read.me, I can't find it, so here's a copy and paste of everything that initial screen says:

*****************************You must export from OOTP for this program to work!!!*****************************

Welcome to DevTracker2!

Here you can track how every player in your league develops.

First things first. Initial Instructions:

1. Did you export your csv files from OOTP? If not, you'll need to do that. This is under the 'Database Info' screen found under the 'Game' menu.

2. If you want to speed things along, DevTracker only uses six of the csv files:
*players.csv
*players_pitching.csv
*players_batting.csv
*players_fielding.csv
*leagues.csv
*teams.csv

3. If you haven't done this, please do it now!

4. Next, you'll select your league.

5. If this is the first time you've loaded this league, DevTracker will tell you that it couldn't find a baseline, but one will be created. This means that the first time you run this, there won't be any set of results to compare this first set to since you've only run it once. You'll need to sim ahead in your league and re-export your csv files to run the program again and get results.

6. If this isn't the first time you've loaded the league and you've exported csv files since the last time you ran DevTracker, the program will notice there's a new export and ask if you want to create a new baseline. If you select yes, the new information will be APPENDED to your old baseline, allowing the program to compare ratings.

7. When the program starts, you'll be presented with a list of teams, players and dates. Select any or none of these and click go!

8. When your results come up, they will be displayed in a grid. Each column of this grid is sortable with built in filters. So if you only want to look at a certain league level, or only guys named 'Hugo', you can do that.

9. The coolest feature of DevTracker is that when you right-click on a row in the grid, you can select 'Show Graph' which will take you to the development graph of the player whose row you clicked. The initial graph will correspond to the rating of the row which you click.

10. On the graph screen, you may select or deselect any other rating from the tabs on the right.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:23 AM   #115
Neags23
All Star Starter

Wow, I take a day away from the boards, and my thread blows up!

Thanks again, EG, for fielding all these questions. I often feel that you do a much better job answering them than I do.

Well, except for the instructions screen. This screen can be seen at any time by going to the "Help" option at the top of the program and choosing "How To". Whoda thunk help would be in the help section?
Old 07-18-2009, 02:26 AM   #116
endgame
Hall Of Famer

I might add to this - as it's been mentioned before, but not recently:

The program will gather and present its data much more quickly if you actually select a starting and ending baseline date rather than let either default to Oldest or Newest. So, for example, if you want to compare the very earliest baseline to the very latest baseline, actually select the earliest date and the latest date. If either end of the baseline comparisons are used, select that date rather than the Oldest or Newest terminology. I know, that begs the case for why are they there then? I suppose it's for ease of use, but I have noticed - and I don't think it's my imagination or hallucinatory memories - that DT loads more quickly following that routine.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:29 AM   #117
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neags23 View Post
Whoda thunk help would be in the help section?
Hey! I've never had to use the Help function. I've always had you!
Old 07-18-2009, 02:52 AM   #118
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
I can 2nd this crash. It's the only issue I have found.
I've isolated this crash, and I think I may have it fixed. I'm about to test and update the download link.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:54 AM   #119
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Even after reading again the instructions I wrote, I'm still not sure what you're talking about...

Did you find what you were looking for in the instructions?
Old 07-18-2009, 02:57 AM   #120
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Is anybody else having issues with extended characters in player names?
Quote:
Yes. As long as the game has them, I think this program will have them. I've even tried exporting to Excel with the option to eliminate special characters (or something of the like) and even Excel still shows them! I don't have a good answer for you there. I've had to do a little finessing to find the exact player I was looking for, on occasion.
I actually figured out how to make the accented characters in names appear correctly in the OOTP 9 version of DevTracker, but apparently the guys changed something in the exports with version 10, because now they appear garbled again. I don't know why. I might spend some time trying to figure this out after I get TeamRater out of the door.