Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support > Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues

Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues All issues that have been logged and given a TT # are stored here until fixed

Old 06-25-2008, 10:39 AM   #1
chredwdew
Minors (Triple A)

BZ 1578: My Documents...grrrrrrrrrrr!!!

With the original release of v 09 I installed the game on my D drive and avoided any folders being created under my documents. (This was wonderful as I have this on my work computer and I can’t keep those types of files under my documents.)

Link to the online manual that explains this: OOTP Baseball Manual - What gets installed where? Under the heading installing in a directory other then default.

Then yesterday I installed the patch, first trying the overwrite version, then uninstalling completely and trying the full install. Now no matter which way I tried every time I open up the game it now creates an “out of the park developments” folder and an “ootp9” folder under my documents. Even if it was an option to keep it there I now have to take the folders that where working fine in the D drive and transfer them to the newly created my documents folders to get any logos, pictures, ect, to work.

Anyone know how to get this to work the way it did before the patch came out?
chredwdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:49 PM   #2
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

It's working the same way for me. I just did it an hour ago with build 27. Install to a non-standard directory and it won't put your game files in My Documents. It does create an empty folder in ...My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\temp. Is this what you are referring to? Did you install to a non-standard directory?
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:35 AM   #3
chredwdew
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
It does create an empty folder in ...My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\temp. Is this what you are referring to? Did you install to a non-standard directory?
When I start the game up now it creates actually three folders which are all empty. My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9 and My Documents\ootp9

Ok, well that is good to here that it is working the same way for somebody. That probably means I did something different when applying or installing the patch. The funny thing about it is that when I originally bought the game it installed fine. I am going to unlicense, and uninstall completely again.
My question would be when you install to a non standard drive do you just change the directory letter in the text prompt or do you browse for the directory, and does that even make a difference.

Thanks for the response; I will reply back when I get a chance to try again.

Last edited by chredwdew; 06-26-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:55 AM   #4
Aytumious
Minors (Triple A)

I have the same problem. I simply changed the C: to a D: when I installed, and now all of my files go into the main OOTP folder. I wonder how big of a problem this is, if at all?
Aytumious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:06 PM   #5
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

I would have to say that I noticed this change as well (the creation of empty folder) after moving from release version to patch version. While it is likely nothing to get worried about, it does bother me as well as I tend to be very particular about what files/folders I have on my computer.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:47 PM   #6
chredwdew
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aytumious View Post
I have the same problem. I simply changed the C: to a D: when I installed, and now all of my files go into the main OOTP folder. I wonder how big of a problem this is, if at all?
Changing the C: to a D: is how I installed also, I am going to give the other method of Browsing for the Directory a try and see if that makes a diffrence.

It dosen't effect being able to play the game, except for in my personal case where I have this running at work, and IT would notice somthing like this in the my documents folder (it gets backed up).
Old 06-26-2008, 04:06 PM   #7
chredwdew
Minors (Triple A)

I had a chance to try this again and did not have any luck solving the problem. I did try a couple of different methods this time. I did not unlicense the game but did uninstall. I did not go back into the D: drive and delete any folders. When I installed, I clicked the browse button and went to D:\program files\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9.
The thing that has me thinking now that this is a difference in programming from the initial release is, I am not the only one that seems to have this problem, and I was able to install the initial release without encountering this problem.
I know this is not a big deal as the game still works without fixing this. But it is going to make a big difference for a few people.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:20 PM   #8
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Bz 1578
Old 06-27-2008, 01:49 AM   #9
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Aha! I thought I had deleted the My Document folders it created upon installation--was wondering why they were back.
Carplos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:48 PM   #10
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

This issue has been claimed fixed for the upcoming patch. If after installing it you still experience this problem, please post a link to this thread in Tech Support along with an explanation of what happened so that we can re-open the report. Thanks!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:37 PM   #11
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

We're still seeing an empty folder created. The report was re-opened.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:22 AM   #12
chredwdew
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
We're still seeing an empty folder created. The report was re-opened.
Thanks, I was going to post this again.

I am not seeing the "out of the park developments" folder this time around, but I am still seeing the "ootp 9" folder created.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:25 PM   #13
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

Happens on a Mac too. I always get and empty OOTP9 folder in /Users/Username/Documents

I have never taken a lesson on how to talk on TV in my life.
- Tim McCarver

Guns have only two enemies; rust and liberals.

The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel.
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:22 PM   #14
cbbl
All Star Starter

Minor issue #3

From my Not quiting thread on the main board, I'm putting the small issues here in separate threads just in case the developers wish to address them. Other than the names issue which I'm still working on (and perhaps the backup issue which I can't replicate), none of these issues are critical. Log them or ignore them--your choice.

All issues appeared with v9.1.6 on an iMac.

Empty Folder
4. Upon creation of a game, an empty folder, "OOTP 9" was created within the Documents folder.
cbbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:13 PM   #15
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

This was previously logged as BZ 1578.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:14 PM   #16
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Merging related threads.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:49 PM   #17