Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:37 AM   #21
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Very hard/Neutral... and the AI can still be fleeced.
Old 07-13-2019, 01:37 AM   #22
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphington View Post
I just experimented in a league of 20 teams playing a 162 game season (two divisions) starting in 1960 - played year 1-3 with 'average' trading checked then years 4,5,6,7 with it changed to v.high.

Not much difference!

year number of major trades
1----- 38
2----- 31
3 ----- 26
4----- 39 (first year of v.high)
5 ----- 36
6 ----- 29
7 ----- 27

It's a tiny sample but I was hoping for a much larger increase after switching to v. high. With 20 teams we are still looking at an average of under 2 trades per team per year.
Interesting. I wonder if trade frequency actually means frequency of trades as opposed to total number of trades, which is how I always read it.

The manual describes the setting as: "This option determines how often computer general managers will make trades. The value can be set from Very Low to Very High."

For example, I was playing with it at average in a historical league and there were trades during the off-season and at the trade deadline, but virtually none during the season. Then I changed it to above average and started to see trades during the season. Maybe the total number of trades were roughly the same under the two settings, they just happened more frequently (duh) when the trade frequency setting was set to above average. Just speculation.
01010010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 02:33 AM   #23
alphington
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01010010 View Post
Interesting. I wonder if trade frequency actually means frequency of trades as opposed to total number of trades, which is how I always read it.

The manual describes the setting as: "This option determines how often computer general managers will make trades. The value can be set from Very Low to Very High."

For example, I was playing with it at average in a historical league and there were trades during the off-season and at the trade deadline, but virtually none during the season. Then I changed it to above average and started to see trades during the season. Maybe the total number of trades were roughly the same under the two settings, they just happened more frequently (duh) when the trade frequency setting was set to above average. Just speculation.
You make a good point that had not occurred to me - I checked through my small sample that I outlined above and there is some support for your idea (usual proviso of very small sample notwithstanding). So for my league with data over 7 consecutive years I recorded the following trades pattern in terms of the total number of months of the year that a trade or trades occurred in (total number of trades for year in parenthesis):

Setting on average
1960 --4 months (38)
1961 --5 months (31)
1962 --5 months (26)

Setting changed to v. high
1963 --10 months (39)
1964 --6 months (36)
1965 --8 months (29)
1966 --6 months (27)

So the spread was larger in all years after changing the setting to v. high (though by only a one month increase for 2 of those years). Certainly, on the average setting July was the dominant trade month for each of the years whereas this pattern dissipated to give the wider ranges of months after switching to v. high setting.

You might be onto something here...
alphington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 02:39 PM   #24
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

I started my new Angels livestart on Hard/Neutral.

I opened talks to trade for Will Smith from SF, and they would do the deal for a half-star prospect However, when I switched scouting ratings, the OSA rated them at 2.5 stars, so it wasn't as silly as it seemed, especially with SF out of contention pretty much.

Toying with going back to Very Hard/Neutral though, heh (i'll keep the Will Smith if I do )
Old 06-20-2021, 07:29 PM   #25
SexyLemming
Bat Boy

First some bad news: you can easily exploit the AI no matter the trade difficulty,. Especially with one trick that I find hillarious, trade a rule 5 eligible player right before the draft to a team without any roster spots then draft them back.

Now some good news: Cobby nailed it earlier, you only make trades you think are good so IT ALWAYS FEELS LIKE YOU ARE WINNING. No one is accepting trades they think they are losing 🤣

With that out of the way, change the settings how you want, I like chaos so I move two steps to easy and two steps to prospects and honestly don't notice a real difference when making trades. Honestly my one complaint is the AI doesn't seem to value cash appropriately, I have literally tried to send $40 million to a team that is $20 over budget for a 20/20 38 year old relief pitcher and the would not do it...
SexyLemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 07:34 AM   #26
JasonGraham
Banned

I use the default. Most trades are win/win for me. I love trading, and almost whatever I do in my life is trading. I have transformed it into my main source of income. Mostly I am trading on Forex because I always like analytics, which trading is. A good trader must know how to analyze the charts, graphics, and the marketplace, so you can be sure that it is profitable to invest or not. I have an economic calendar. It helps me to be up to date on any new economic released or any other significant releases.

Last edited by JasonGraham; 10-28-2022 at 05:34 AM.
JasonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote