Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-16-2019, 05:38 PM   #1
acfinn
Bat Boy

Advice needed

I am wanting to create a new world with the modern MLB teams in a single division for pro/rel purposes. There will be no playoffs and there will be a total of 4 p/r levels.

A. I want to have historical players come into the league as free agents. I will not use a draft. So is there a setting I should use to make sure I am getting enough FAs each year enter?

B. I want players to enter with their potential being mostly based on their careers but they may fail to achieve the level they did in real life or they may exceed it. For instance, Bo Jackson could end up being a Hall of Famer or some star like Dale Murphy would be a star who doesn't fall off a cliff.

C. Any other suggestions for the world?

I am going to use former MLB team as the teams in the lower levels as much as possible. Expos, St Louis Browns, etc...
acfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:12 PM   #2
acfinn
Bat Boy

Anyone? Lol
Old 02-25-2019, 12:10 AM   #3
orbops
Minors (Single A)

this post seems to provide part of the walkthrough to create your own custom league:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=223704
orbops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:41 AM   #4
acfinn
Bat Boy

Thanks for that link. However, does anyone have a suggestion on any settings to make sure I am getting an adequate number of historical players introduced as free agents to keep the league full since I will not be using a draft?

Also, what settings should I use to make it so players may or may not have the same career declines and such? For example, if I wanted Dale Murphy or Andruw Jones to have a career where they don't fall off a cliff at a certain age.