Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-18-2019, 11:18 PM   #1
acclaim99
Major Leagues

These 2 laugh at Sosa/McGwire single season HR chase... (resuts from my past)

Replay starting with my 2010 Phillies. Challenge mode.
This was two people aiming to become the top all time home run hitter, and by pass Barry Bonds 762.

This was the 2030 season.
Joey Gallo of Boston entered the season with 753 and was didn't need much to catch Bonds.
Bryce Harper of Philadelphia entered with 753, but entered into a very crowded outfield, and in a season I needed results.

I can't pull up the 2030 game splits. but I remember Gallo started off quick and had like 9 homers in the first month, before being benched for younger talent. In 2030, he ended up with 14 home runs, finishing with 767. Pretty crazy considering he finished with a career batting average of .230. He played for 19 years (10 with KC, 6 with LAA, and 3 with Boston). 10 of those seasons he batted under .230, his last 7 years were: .196, .211, .210, .221, .174, .174, .171). Pretty good.

Now, Harper played for 20 years (2 with Texas, 18 for Philly - I went out and made the block buster when he was a youngin'). His award summary page is a mile long. Anyway, in 2030, I tried to get him in as a starter, but I had great prospects ready, and he couldn't get started quickly. So he became a back up, and pinch hitter. I still got him in 95 games,but ended up with 6 HRs. He ended up with a .309 career BA. I was kinda happy he announced retirement, as he was getting into the late stages of his contract that had a AAV of $49 mil. Kinda shocked that Gallo never made above 17 mil per.

It was a fun little race, Harper couldn't keep it up for that last season.

Final:
Joey Gallo 767
Barry Bonds 762
Bryce Harper 759
Hank Aaron 755
acclaim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:03 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

hrs aside, gallo isn't worth 17m/year. he's a bottom 3rd guy in any self-respecting lineup. hard to spend 17+m on 7-8-9 in lineup.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote