Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 02-09-2019, 12:08 PM   #1
saffron926
Bat Boy

I'm new to this game.

Hey guys,

Few days ago, I saw that this game is on sale and I decided to buy it even though I am not used to the baseball(with an experience of watching two games in last year's KBO League).

I've been played some of Football Manager series('17, '18, '19), but I am really new to this game and I don't know how to play this game. Are they any good beginner's guides for the guy like me?

Sincerely,
saffron926
saffron926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:45 PM   #2
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffron926 View Post
Hey guys,

Few days ago, I saw that this game is on sale and I decided to buy it even though I am not used to the baseball(with an experience of watching two games in last year's KBO League).

I've been played some of Football Manager series('17, '18, '19), but I am really new to this game and I don't know how to play this game. Are they any good beginner's guides for the guy like me?

Sincerely,
saffron926

Welcome aboard !

This is an awesome game and very in depth ! That being said, playing with absolutely everything on when you're not familiar with the sport might seem a bit daunting at first. Don't let that scare you though, as this game will reward you with some of the best sport simulation times you will ever get.

First, I'd check some of the videos on Youtube here :

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...tp+19+tutorial

You also may want to read on the basics of the sport :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_rules

There are many other great resources to learn about baseball, maybe you can find them or someone else can point you to them.

Finally, as a piece of advice...since baseball is new to you, I would recommend to start small and then expand as your knowledge increase. You can do that either by creating a very small league, or you can limit yourself to one of the roles, General Manager or Manager only. By playing as a Manager only, for example, you would mostly only focus on your lineup and other decisions Managers do. As a General Manager only, you would mostly focus on trades, signings, etc while leaving the lineup decisions to the AI.

Once you're comfortable with the selected role, then you can expand to more duties. The beauty of this game is you can play it whatever way you want.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 06:16 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

-use 100% accuracy while you get your feet wet. just load some default league you want to play, even if it's a throw-away iteration for learning purposes. make inconsequential mistakes and experiment as much as you want. help alleviate any potential frustrations to start. it can be a complex game or a simple one.

think about turning all the 'extra' stuff off or toned down and focus on fundamental yearly cycle of baseball. player procurement, player development, and of course major league level outcomes are the meat and potatoes. so, i'd leave development engine on, but coaching, personality, et al... maybe not so much.

owner goals, scouting inaccuracy and other stuff will just confuse or distract during the learning process. then, turn it back on after a couple seasons. i'd just blow through those seasons to gain comfort with typical responsibilities. since it's 100% accurate, you'll save a ton of time, and it's nothing you'll keep as you test things out.

just glance over initial game setting options... if you use the wizard, that's fine. before you finish, go to "advanced options" [sic] before creating. glance over those and go from there. online manual can help immensely, too.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:41 PM   #4
cavebutter
All Star Starter

You've probably seen this just by posting in this sub-forum, but in case you have not read it, I strongly recommend this: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=270146

Logo Gallery
cavebutter is offline   Reply With Quote