Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-03-2017, 12:12 PM   #1
Shadow4u
Minors (Single A)

St Louis minors

This year the Blues do not have a minor league affiliate. Is there a screen that allows me to see all of there minor league players on one screen as you do most clubs. How is the game handling this ?
Old 10-03-2017, 04:53 PM   #2
StlBluesFan
Bat Boy

The Blues are still using the Chicago Wolves, basically using spots on the team that is now affiliated with LV. You can get to the roster via the AHL. Tulsa Oilers are directly available from The Blues Team Info page
StlBluesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:25 PM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

In the game, they've only got Tulsa as a farm team for now - sharing an affiliate with Vegas wasn't working out well. What I'm hoping to get added in an early update is the sequence of events next year that'll see the AHL expand to 31 when Colorado of the ECHL moves up, and the affiliates get shuffled so everybody's got one. It'd be a one-time hardcoded thing.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:12 PM   #4
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

until then can we move around the ahl teams to nhl teams like u can in ootp with the farm teams and such
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:36 PM   #5
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
until then can we move around the ahl teams to nhl teams like u can in ootp with the farm teams and such
Sorry, that is not possible at this point in FHM (but is very high on my list for the future, that is why I invested time into the schedule generator for this version).
Old 10-04-2017, 07:36 PM   #6
fishbowlninja
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So with an update coming with the 31 ahl team coming the second season, will my Vegas game in playing right now have that changed as well, or will I need to start a new game to see this change?
fishbowlninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:44 PM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

The way I envision it working, it'll be applied at the end of the first season and should work with existing saves if they're not past that point. But Vegas' farm teams won't be changed in any case, they'll still be the same ones.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:18 PM   #8
fishbowlninja
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sounds good, thanks for the quick reply! Just didn't want to invest too much time and have to start over. That'd be a shame.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:15 PM   #9
fishbowlninja
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Was this issue addressed in the current public release build?
Old 10-06-2017, 03:33 PM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

It's Tulsa for now. Getting the AHL/ECHL 2018 changes working will take more coding (and testing) time than we had this week.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:08 PM   #11
Blade6119
Bat Boy

Update on this? Haven't seen it in the patch notes I believe. Tough having no AHL affiliation for the blues.
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:55 AM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

Not yet, we've mainly been working on fixing bugs to this point, this'll be a slightly larger project.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:04 PM   #13
Shadow4u
Minors (Single A)

You can click on the depth screen and see all of your players there.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:29 PM   #14
Adam Oates
Minors (Single A)

I was trying to play with St. Louis and ran into the same problem. Could a temporary solution be that if you pick the Blues, you could change the Chicago Wolves from a Vegas affiliate to a St. Louis affiliate?

It wouldn't fix the overall problem, but at least give the problem to the team the user isn't playing with.
Adam Oates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 04:29 AM   #15
JeffR
FHM Producer

That'd cause some issues with the Vegas-contracted players on the Wolves, unfortunately. But we're hoping to get the solution I mentioned above working in the next update.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:01 AM   #16
Adam Oates
Minors (Single A)

But what about St. Louis contracts? Right now there is a problem with the players who are contracted to St. Louis and start on an AHL roster (Chicago or San Antonio). If you click on a player it says they are contracted to St. Louis, but if you click Edit then you can see that it actually has them contracted to the AHL team they are currently playing for. This means that you cannot recall any of these players to the NHL. I tried editing Contracted To, but that didn't help. The only way I could get this sort of working is to also edit their Current Team to the Blues' ECHL affiliate (Tulsa), although this might mess up those AHL teams a bit.

Players that this affects:

Jordan Binnington
Ville Husso
Jordan Schmaltz
Chris Butler
Petteri Lindbohm
Jake Walman
Mackenzie MacEachern
Samuel Blais
Conner Bleackley
Adam Musil
Beau Bennett

Sam Kurker is in the AHL, but is not contracted to St. Louis, so he is fine.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:33 AM   #17
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, I see what you mean. I'll fix that in the database for the next update, so they won't be un-recallable. But commissioner mode will work to change them for now - if you edit both the current team and contracted to fields, it'll put them on the Blues roster and they can be sent down. Editing contracted to to St. Louis and current team to Tulsa will also work.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:43 AM   #18
JeffR
FHM Producer

Update on this: the changes are in a test build now and seem to work properly so far - Colorado Eagles to the AHL from the ECHL, becoming the Avalanche's farm team, San Antonio switches parent teams from Colorado to St. Louis, and Maine joins the ECHL.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:17 PM   #19
Adam Oates
Minors (Single A)

Cool! I look forward to trying it out.