Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:34 AM   #1
lanthier
Bat Boy

complete a trade

I'm not able to complete a trade... I cant find where people say on top rigth of the email but i only see discuss trade again I dont know if some one can take a print screen so I can see what i'm supose to see thx guys.
lanthier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 01:07 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

If the trade is accepted, "Complete Trade" should be the third option from the bottom on the Action Menu, and there'll also be an alternate "Complete Trade" link in the body of the message that will do the same thing. I've attached a picture.
Attached Images
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:16 AM   #3
moore4807
All Star Starter

Old problem resurfaced

Sorry JeffR, This seems to be a reoccurrence of the old problem - the screen says they accept the trade, but there is only the "Discuss Trade Again" written in blue. There is also only "discuss trade again" the drop down menu to the top right.

I'm using the latest version 3.2.89 and this is the second fresh start where this is happening. I am in the GM only mode and have not had a trade get approved with the screen you show. I have to figure out how to post a pix since I don't have Office on the laptop...
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:49 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

We've had a few reports of this, but have had trouble tracking down the cause, it won't repeat in our tests. Could you upload the save for us to have a look at? The instructions for uploading it to our ftp site are here, or you can put it on a file sharing site like filedropper.com or dropbox and send us the link.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:08 PM   #5
moore4807
All Star Starter

Got the pix

JeffR,

Finally got the pix loaded - still working on the upload. I switched my HDD in my laptop to SSD for Christmas. Now getting all kinds of grief when I try to extract info - lol.

Just a note - I was playing around and see that the drop down box DOES NOT show a transaction message - this is just found under General inbox. In other trades I made the box your pix shows is found if I look in the Transaction screen...maybe it's something. As soon as I get this upload problem solved I'll post a note here.

UPDATE: FTP finally loaded The name is WPG3.lg.zip (88.8mb). Good luck and thanks!
Attached Images

Last edited by moore4807; 02-06-2017 at 09:36 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:49 PM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanks. Getting very tight on time about what we can get in for the update, but maybe this gives us an idea of what's going on.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:05 PM   #7
moore4807
All Star Starter

Workaround?

JeffR,

Do you currently have a workaround for this issue?

I know one of the options was "Force Trade" but it's greyed out and I don't see anyway to use it.

The thing that sticks out to me the more I look around at it, is the "ID149" General News message... WHY is there any General News message to teams/players accepting or declining a trade? Shouldn't it all be under transactions, even ones that are refused? Just my $.02
Old 02-09-2017, 01:31 AM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

No, that's how the trade proposals are supposed to be classified - the transactions category is just for news documenting trades/other transactions after they occur.

Malte wasn't able to get any fix done in time for the update, but I'll ask him tonight what he found in the save, hopefully it's enough to get a change into the hotfix for the update.

If "force trade" is showing up, I assume you're in Sandbox mode? Activating Commissioner Mode from the manager options may make force trade selectable, although I'm not sure it'll work retroactively on an existing news item.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:28 PM   #9
moore4807
All Star Starter

No, that's how the trade proposals are supposed to be classified - the transactions category is just for news documenting trades/other transactions after they occur.

OK - that's why my thought was only worth $.02

Malte wasn't able to get any fix done in time for the update, but I'll ask him tonight what he found in the save, hopefully it's enough to get a change into the hotfix for the update.

That would certainly be appreciated. I keep running into the Trouba problem - If I sign him then I'm cap strapped, if I trade him ... well I can't!

If "force trade" is showing up, I assume you're in Sandbox mode? Activating Commissioner Mode from the manager options may make force trade selectable, although I'm not sure it'll work retroactively on an existing news item.

Not in sandbox mode and I didn't do my homework before shooting off my mouth. I discovered afterwards the "Force Trade" only worked in Sandbox mode. Apologies and I'll slide back into the primordial ooze now...