Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 01-12-2017, 03:09 PM   #1
BKL
All Star Reserve

Next Update

I think FHM is a great game. What I would eventually love to see is the ability to better manage in-game, perhaps with the following:

-Teams with the same jersey colors or team colors are hard to distinguish who is in control of the puck. Perhaps it's just better to have the home team in one set color and the away team in another.

- Instead of just very fast, fast, normal, etc. modes for sim speed, it would probably be easier to sim until perhaps there is a highlight or sim until there is a shot on goal, breakaway, etc. so you could then focus on the key plays of the game. Right now that's somewhat difficult.

- On the sim screen, besides just the traditional scoreboard, perhaps an option to see a breakdown of the boxscore stats - faceoffs won, takeaway/giveaways, time of possession, hits, PPG, etc. so you could get a feel for the game as it's happening.

- Tactical adjustments that are a little easier to comprehend - perhaps assigning some generic ratings to some roles so you get a quick idea of the impact of changing a role. For example, maybe for each role it's indicated by "high, medium, low" it's relative offensiveness vs. defensiveness, pass vs.shot, passive vs. aggressive. In game, you would then be able to quickly see the generic affect of a change.

Just some thoughts. Would love to know what's on target for the next patch and timing.

Thanks!
BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:56 PM   #2
seven
All Star Reserve

I would like to second BKL's suggestions about in-game features. From what I've seen on this forum, there is a sizeable, though generally soft-spoken, group who are particularly interested in the quality of the in-game experience (i.e., watching games played out). It would be terrific to see various improvements in that part of FHM, either in an update or in the next version. The suggestion to include a speed option that concentrates on highlights is a great one. This would be similar to options available in Football Manager. There would be no need to eliminate current options (e.g., very fast, fast) that cover the entire game, but it would be great to have the option to move at normal speed, viewing only the key moments in a game (ever better if a menu allowing selection of various types of events to include were available).

On some minor points, BKL suggested fixing colours for home and away teams. Instead, one could use the team colour for the home team and white (with a team-specific colour for the outline of the marker) for away.

Two other small fixes would be as follows. First, consider making the listed time at which a goal is scored match what is on the clock during the game. If you look at the reported time of a goal in the game report, you will see that it is off by at least one second from the time on the game clock when the goal is scored. Second, it would add to the experience of the game if shootouts were displayed in a way similar to regulation time game play. As it now stands, shootout results are announced instantly, without any information about shooter by shooter outcomes.
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:01 AM   #3
sutto
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven View Post
The suggestion to include a speed option that concentrates on highlights is a great one. This would be similar to options available in Football Manager. There would be no need to eliminate current options (e.g., very fast, fast) that cover the entire game, but it would be great to have the option to move at normal speed, viewing only the key moments in a game (ever better if a menu allowing selection of various types of events to include were available).
FHM 2 had this option but it was removed for FHM 3. I've started a thread about its reinstatement herehttp://http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/franchise-hockey-manager-3-general-discussion/272868-watch-mode.html
sutto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:40 AM   #4
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

When is the next update supposed to be out?
Thanks, Gerry
Gerry58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:47 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Still adding stuff and testing. Hopefully within a couple of weeks.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 12:50 PM   #6
demons19
Minors (Double A)

The big thing for me in any update is fixing the NHL controlling the farm team issue...until its fixed, the nhl is unplayable to me....which bothers me because I love the game
demons19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:08 PM   #7
BKL
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKL View Post
Instead of just very fast, fast, normal, etc. modes for sim speed, it would probably be easier to sim until perhaps there is a highlight or sim until there is a shot on goal, breakaway, etc. so you could then focus on the key plays of the game. Right now that's somewhat difficult.

Thanks!

Wondering if this will be added to the game at some point, where the sim slows down for a shot or goal so you can "watch" the action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by BKL; 01-26-2017 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:15 AM   #8
Chomps
Major Leagues

Various Sim Modes were present in FHM2. For some unknown reason they removed them in FHM3.

Some really great options were present in FHM2.
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 12:54 PM   #9
BKL
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
Various Sim Modes were present in FHM2. For some unknown reason they removed them in FHM3.

Some really great options were present in FHM2.
Would be great to get them back!
Old 02-04-2017, 11:13 PM   #10
BKL
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKL View Post
- Instead of just very fast, fast, normal, etc. modes for sim speed, it would probably be easier to sim until perhaps there is a highlight or sim until there is a shot on goal, breakaway, etc. so you could then focus on the key plays of the game. Right now that's somewhat difficult.
Any news, if this feature will be back in the new update?
Old 02-05-2017, 12:13 AM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

No, not going to be possible for the update, it'd require some significant changes to the way the in-game screen is working right now. But I would like to get it back in eventually.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:52 AM   #12
BKL
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
No, not going to be possible for the update, it'd require some significant changes to the way the in-game screen is working right now. But I would like to get it back in eventually.

Ok thanks for letting me know! I'm still looking forward to the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk