Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 06-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #1
MKG1734
Minors (Triple A)

Historical League

Hello all,

I bought OOTP 14 last fall and was able to play enough and learn enough that it peaked my interest enough to purchase OOTP 15 and actually dedicate some time to playing. I asked a couple questions in the New to Game forum, and now have a question that I hope the community can help me with.

I have become interested in playing a universe that mimics the real-life stages baseball has gone through. What I mean by this: Starting in 1871 and simming forward to 2014. What this will do is create an all new "past" with new records, new hall of famers, etc. What I'd LIKE to do is keep the real-life transactions the same.

However, I do have a couple Historical Sim related questions:

#1: What happens if a player in the sim suffers a career ending injury BEFORE a transaction he was later involved in were to occur (can this happen)?

#2: With the passage of time in the sim, does the international FA system come into play in a certain year? Or does the incorporation of the foreign leagues come into play during a certain year with players posting? Or does this have to be created right from the start (in 1871)? If it does not come in on its own, is there a way to force create the new leagues in the universe mid-way through the sim years?

#3: Does anyone have any general suggestions for playing a sim in the manner I am wanting to?

Last edited by MKG1734; 06-18-2014 at 12:08 AM.
MKG1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:08 AM   #2
MKG1734
Minors (Triple A)

Bump..
MKG1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:08 PM   #3
michael92
Minors (Single A)

my understanding is that it does update as time passes by ie it places teams in different cites changes there names Bal moves to NY in 1903 as far as free agents go i think it would do the same thing but the best thing to do is to run a test league so look up when FA stated i belive its in the 1970s (thanks to Miller) see what it does and how it progresses hope this helps a little im new to this myself

good luck and by the way its a great idea what your doing that is lots of fun maybe even along the way see what happens if a player does not leave a city due to FA
michael92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:33 PM   #4
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKG1734 View Post
Hello all,

I bought OOTP 14 last fall and was able to play enough and learn enough that it peaked my interest enough to purchase OOTP 15 and actually dedicate some time to playing. I asked a couple questions in the New to Game forum, and now have a question that I hope the community can help me with.

I have become interested in playing a universe that mimics the real-life stages baseball has gone through. What I mean by this: Starting in 1871 and simming forward to 2014. What this will do is create an all new "past" with new records, new hall of famers, etc. What I'd LIKE to do is keep the real-life transactions the same.

However, I do have a couple Historical Sim related questions:

#1: What happens if a player in the sim suffers a career ending injury BEFORE a transaction he was later involved in were to occur (can this happen)?

#2: With the passage of time in the sim, does the international FA system come into play in a certain year? Or does the incorporation of the foreign leagues come into play during a certain year with players posting? Or does this have to be created right from the start (in 1871)? If it does not come in on its own, is there a way to force create the new leagues in the universe mid-way through the sim years?

#3: Does anyone have any general suggestions for playing a sim in the manner I am wanting to?
1. If you choose to use historical transactions, then injuries will be off by default.
2. Don't know.
3. If you use historical transactions, I'd recommend also using as-played lineups.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote