Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:08 PM   #1
majesty95
All Star Starter

69 Replay, God and General Managers

I am planning to set up a historical replay which I will write about in the dynasty section. My idea is to come in as commissioner in 1969 and to right some of the wrongs they have done throughout the years.

My first thought is to immediately allow free agency but to do so by attaching it to a salary cap. MLB has always be reactive instead of proactive and I feel that if they had the foresight to see free agency coming and to offer it early when it wasn't being demanded that they could then lessen the effects we have seen over the years by instituting a hard cap along with it. That would keep salaries down and all teams more competitively balanced.

I'm also thinking that I will immediately expand the playoffs. It doesn't make mush sense to have 92-93 win teams missing the playoffs in one division while the 90 win division champ in the other division does. I want to add two wild cards to each league along with the division champs and get started on the divisional series early.

Eventually I want to take over a team as GM and institute sabermetrics to the league years before anyone else thought about them. I'm not sure if I want to pull dual roles of team president and commissioner or give up control to the CPU but eventually that's where I want to go with it.

My first question is how the salary cap will work? Do I need to adjust it every year while I am commissioner? And how will the CPU handle it should I choose to just be GM down the line? What else may I encounter unexpectedly by doing this?

One of the other things I'd like to tackle is PEDs and to stamp them out long before the became such a big part of the game. I'm not sure how to go about it tough. Should I just repeat the settings from say 77-86 for a couple of years or would there be a better way of handling that?

Anything else you guys think I should consider when redoing baseball's history?
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:28 PM   #2
majesty95
All Star Starter

O_o
Old 04-25-2014, 08:13 PM   #3
majesty95
All Star Starter

Man being ignored makes me feel like middle school all over again :'(
Old 04-26-2014, 02:26 AM   #4
Kobeck
Major Leagues

I dont have an answer

but I gave you a thanks to prove you were not ignored
Kobeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:37 AM   #5
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95 View Post
Anything else you guys think I should consider when redoing baseball's history?
Let the Cubs win in 1969.

Seriously, you should play the game the way you want. It sounds like an interesting premise. Let us know how it turns out.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #6
majesty95
All Star Starter

I was more concerned with how to handle not strictly following MLB history ie financials, salary cap, etc.

I've decided to actually start in 92 and replace that awful mistake of having an owner run the league
Old 04-28-2014, 12:46 PM   #7
edtheguy
Minors (Single A)

Both are great ideas, if you were worried about how the game would handle your financial changes you can always save your game as a quickstart and sim a few years to see what happens. On the other hand if you're worried about how to role play what happens in your dynasty, it's not like MLB always had a sound idea what effects its rule changes (financial or otherwise) would have before they were made, so any kind of logical reasoning would probably be an improvement (and unintended consequences wouldn't be unusual...)
edtheguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:24 PM   #8
majesty95
All Star Starter

I'm finishing up the league setup. I'm starting the league in 1993 (but I started in 92 as commish) and will sim a couple season and then take over as a GM. Should be fun!
Old 04-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #9
swoboda
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
Let the Cubs win in 1969.

Seriously, you should play the game the way you want. It sounds like an interesting premise. Let us know how it turns out.
Sorry man....1969 Miracle Mets, divine intervention.

The late great Lindsey Nelson
swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:21 PM   #10
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

Lets go mets!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoboda View Post
Sorry man....1969 Miracle Mets, divine intervention.
The Mets have always been my third favorite team since they were the first team I ever saw play in Shea Stadium way back in 1964, I was 8 and once I saw the field I fell in love with this game. 1969 I lived in Atlanta and boy did I take allot of "heat" for cheering on the Mets over the Braves, lol. I loved watching them win it all in 1986 and was really sad when the Yanks beat them in 2000. I have allot of family from the New York City area as both of my parents were born and raised there. None of them are Yankees fans lol "LETS GO METS"!