Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2014, 12:03 AM   #41
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
Yes, you need to use the world_default.xml included, else there will only be Caucasian Americans in your league....

if you prefer the default file for some reason, you can still use it, but before you start your league, make sure to edit the ethnicity portion of the USA to match what I have in my file.....
I edited the ethnicity file in the database folder to match your file (copy/paste). Do I need to touch the XML file as well to ensure African Americans are included in the league? Not sure I did this right.
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:52 AM   #42
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
yes.....ethnic distribution is set in the XML file, so you need to change the USA entry to match what I have in mine.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:50 PM   #43
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

QuestDog,

I've been away from the game for a few months, so please excuse my vague memory.

If I want to start a league back in the 1870's or later that starts with only Caucasian players, I use your xml file and adjust in game to 100% US HISTORIC?

And I eliminate counties that have no baseball hope in hell or those that don't until maybe the 1970's by what method?

Sorry to keep asking these things, but I just don't seem to get it.

I hope OOTP 15 simplifies this.

Thank you.

JP
Old 01-30-2014, 08:14 PM   #44
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER11JP View Post
QuestDog,

I've been away from the game for a few months, so please excuse my vague memory.

If I want to start a league back in the 1870's or later that starts with only Caucasian players, I use your xml file and adjust in game to 100% US HISTORIC?

And I eliminate counties that have no baseball hope in hell or those that don't until maybe the 1970's by what method?

Sorry to keep asking these things, but I just don't seem to get it.

I hope OOTP 15 simplifies this.

Thank you.

JP
Use the XML file I provide in the download for 19th century ball and all should be well. If you want to use your own XML file, you should make sure the US names are set to 100% US (Modern). In my files, the US (Modern) are always the white names and the US (Historic) are the black names.

And I doubt that OOTP15 will make any changes to this system, but you never know.

P.S. For seasons before 1960, there is less need for separate files for white and black first names. Naming practices were pretty much the same for everyone (non-immigrants, that is), except maybe the blacks used Biblical names more often. It really wasn't until the Civil Rights movement of the late fifties and early sixties that blacks made an attempt in earnest to Africanize their names and thus make it worthwhile that they should have their own first name set. The surnames should be separate for any era.

Last edited by Questdog; 01-30-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:49 PM   #45
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
Use the XML file I provide in the download for 19th century ball and all should be well. If you want to use your own XML file, you should make sure the US names are set to 100% US (Modern). In my files, the US (Modern) are always the white names and the US (Historic) are the black names.

And I doubt that OOTP15 will make any changes to this system, but you never know.

P.S. For seasons before 1960, there is less need for separate files for white and black first names. Naming practices were pretty much the same for everyone (non-immigrants, that is), except maybe the blacks used Biblical names more often. It really wasn't until the Civil Rights movement of the late fifties and early sixties that blacks made an attempt in earnest to Africanize their names and thus make it worthwhile that they should have their own first name set. The surnames should be separate for any era.
Questdog,

Ah! The way you were using the Modern/Historical was the key to what was confusing me.

Not only do I get game information from you, but historical insite as well!

THANK YOU!

Regards,

JP
Old 04-17-2014, 09:35 PM   #46
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

New name sets for OOTP 15:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3674857

Enjoy!
Old 04-19-2014, 11:40 AM   #47
Simmo13
All Star Reserve

Questdog, just to say many thanks for all your work on these name sets.....they really do add to the "immersion factor" in the fictional/historical OOTP worlds which I create.
Simmo13 is offline   Reply With Quote