Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support > Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues

Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues All issues that have been logged and given a TT # are stored here until fixed

Old 04-05-2009, 12:10 AM   #1
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

BZ 2428: "Start highest rested starter" doesn't work properly

I was told this wouldn't be read where I had posted it, so I'm cross-posting it here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckstein 4 Prez View Post
I was just reading this thread while searching for something unrelated and I need to briefly chime in. This is most definitely NOT what the AI uses by default, and probably my biggest wish for the game is that the AI wouldn't keep changing these preferences back to "strict order." As Markus' original post implies, "strict order," that is, making the #1 pitcher wait a fifth day before his start so the #5 starter can get some innings, is a creation of the 1990s. For over 90% of baseball history it was not used. (I'm leaving aside the concept of the Sunday starter, which was moderately prevalent for a few years in postwar baseball.)

Needless to say, this causes huge problems for me, since I like to play in "god mode."

Here is what the AI actually does with respect to this: the default is always "strict order." I can (and do) change all the teams to "start highest rested starter," which remains sticky until one of two things happens:

1. There is any change on the AI's 25-man roster.
2. We reach a Monday in the schedule.

Yes, every Monday every single team changes from "start highest rested starter" to "strict order." This means that I have to monitor all the transactions every single day to watch for 25-man roster changes, and then every Monday I have to go through each and every team and change them back to "start highest rested starter." The interesting thing here is that Markus seems genuinely unaware of this, so I'm hoping we can get some kind of a quick fix on this. I sincerely hope so; it would correct one of the most frustrating things about historical leagues.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #2
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Teams run by the AI will reset all of their depth charts every Monday. They won't lock your changes in place forever, nor should they. Unless you control every team yourself, this will keep happening.

What you are really looking for is an option (or a historical default) to have all AI teams use start highest rested starter, yes?
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

Yes. I certainly don't want to lock AI changes to their own rosters.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #4
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

I have logged this as BZ 2428.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote