Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Online Leagues

OOTP 21 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 21 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 05-25-2020, 02:03 PM   #1
scarley
Minors (Rookie Ball)

DeLorean Baseball Association looking for Initial GMs

Welcome and thanks for looking into our league! I plan on starting a historical/random debut in the coming week or so.

My plan is to begin the league in the year 1962, with all the 1962 settings. That means there will only be the 1962 teams (20 of them), 1962 gameplay modifiers (fewer HR, higher AVG, fewer K), 1962 rules (25 man rosters, no DH) and 1962 finances (in the sim I ran, the top budget team has a payroll of $273K).

The inaugural draft will be run on statsplus only the draft will include players from all eras like a random debut league (I may place a floor of around 1940 on it so there's no Old Hoss Radbourn types no one has heard of in there, but still have the chance for like a Joe DiMaggio).

Examples of players that were in the pool of the sim I ran to test settings included: Nomah, Bellinger, Harper, Jim Edmonds, Randy Johnson, Pedro, Dock Ellis, Gaylord Perry, among others.

Where this league will get fun is that each draft class will mimic the in-game years draft class (i.e. the 1965 class will have Johnny Bench, Nolan Ryan, and Tom Seaver) AS WELL AS one player from outside that class (i.e. a modern or more historic player) per team in the league at that time. The additional players will be chosen via just hitting random player on baseball reference until I get 16 players that had a 10+ WAR career. Unlike normal random debut leagues these players will not come in already developed and will have to be run through your minors like other historical/modern leagues.

Some years, it'll be duds, some years it'll be studs like IRL. Where it'll cumbersome for me is that I will not have duplicates in the league. For example, if Nolan Ryan enters the league in 1962, he will not be in the 1965 class. If that player retires and reappears, that will be allowed. Thank god for excel search functions on this front.

Recalc will be off and players will develop via the OOTP system. So just because you draft Mike Trout, doesn't mean he will necessarily turn into Mike Trout, and maybe Dan Haren becomes a god, who knows what can and will happen.

In terms of administration, because of my time limitations, as well as recent cheating trends I've seen in a few leagues lately (just by the hands of two or three people), I will be running the league as the commissioner only. It will be run similarly to my other league LTBNL, in that there will be four sims per week, schedule TBD. I plan on having coaching turned on, owner goals on, injuries on normal setting. Scouting will be on normal, to add an extra wrinkle to the fold as well.

The plan is to have three minor league levels as a “AAA”, “A”, and Rookie level club. As the player pool expands I may open it up further as needed.

Other items of note:
1. Playoffs will be different than the MLB at that time in that well, there will be playoffs. Top two teams in each league face off in the LCS, then the WS.
2. League will expand as the MLB expanded IRL (1969, 1993, 1998) assuming we get that far.
I'm sure there are things I'm missing that you will have questions about. But here's a list of the 1962 MLB teams. Please contact me to claim a team or with any further questions. You can DM me or email me at seancarley17@gmail.com as I check that far more frequently.

Teams available:

AL
Detroit Tigers, Minnesota Twins,

NL
Chicago Cubs, Houston Colt .45s, Los Angeles Dodgers, Pittsburgh Pirates, St. Louis Cardinals

Only 7 teams left!
scarley is offline   Reply With Quote