Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 21 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 05-09-2020, 02:23 PM   #1
tarmer
All Star Reserve

Caribbean Baseball Union - Fictional Hybrid

Please read in entirety - this is not going to be for everyone and with all kinds of new leagues popping up now due to everyone having time to play - I also would like to not make this a filled league and then fall apart when people get back to regular life.... So without further soapboxing....

This is a 12 team 2 division promotion- relegation league - it is also fictional with an occasional Historical player added to the free agent pool.

I have started on the website - which is being completed as I write this

https://baseball-association.com/CBL/

This tells the backstory and the forum has the rules and teams available

Please PM if any interest

Added rules below for ease of reading

Last edited by tarmer; 05-09-2020 at 02:26 PM.
tarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:25 PM   #2
tarmer
All Star Reserve

League Rules

Every league has them and this is no different- Please carefully read and understand the rules before deciding to join.

There have been too many times when what is written is not read and it leads to irritated mangers or leaving the league because it was not as thought.

The CBU is a 12 team promotion/relegation league

This will be a fictional league but will have a few historic players available randomly (refer to League Backstory)

The league is set to the 1950’s and will have that as the imported setup

LEAGUE LAYOUT

The league consists of 2 divisions of 6 teams - GRADA 1 and GRADA 2 - The season will consist of 154 games there is no inter division play so you only play the teams in your division.

The top two teams from GRADA 2 will be promoted to GRADA 1 the bottom 2 teams from GRADA 1 will be demoted to GRADA 2.

The champions of each GRADA will meet for the CBU Championship

PLAYERS

The league will consist of primarily fictional players, the players will all be made up from the countries that are represented in the league :

Cuba, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Panama, Jamaica, Venezuela, Puerto Rico

The only exception to the above is the addition of any historical players that appear in the league.

ROSTER MAKE UP AND IMPROVEMENT

As notes above the rosters will be made up of randomly created players from all of the countries noted above. There is no inaugural draft.

The way to improve your team is as follows:

1.) Trading

2.) Draft

3.) Free Agency

Each of these steps are outlined below

TRADING

Even though this is a fictional league, this league will not allow trading to become out of hand. Trading needs to be in compliance with the intent of the league. Very little trading was done in the 50’s and that is the spirit of the league.

All trades are subject to review but action will only be taken.

DRAFT

The league will have a draft - This will be a small draft. It will consist of 2 rounds. The intent of the draft is to allow supplemental improvements not entire roster change.

FREE AGENCY

There will also be randomly generated free agents of various talent levels, these may be bid on by all teams in the league. Some of these free agents will be historical players (see backstory)

SIM FREQUENCY

The game will sim 3 times a week (MWF) 1 week at a time

GAME SETTINGS

Scouting will be on - set to normal
Player ratings will be set at 1-20
Current and Potential will be set at 20-80
Coaches will be off

FINANCIALS:

Financials are always a challenge to make work and to make work understandably. This league will have finances and they will differ between the two Gradas - I am working on putting this together and will update this section at that point.

TRADING

Trades may be made on Slack, email or any other means Managers chose to use. But all final deals must be posted in the forum and agreed to by both managers.

The purpose of these rules is we are all big boys and have all played in those leagues where team managers know each other and make shady one sided deals as friends, or the team that either does not care or is having an awful season and they decide to open the floodgates and once that is done they leave the league... Let’s not have that here- It hurts the league and makes people lose interest

SLACK AND DISCOURSE

The league will use slack as one of its communication tools, discourse will also be available if preferred, all managers are expected to be on it and to respond to messages within a reasonable amount of time- this is to try and help keep activity level high

FORUM

The league will have a forum - This is old school as a lot of leagues have moved away from them but this league will still use one for various information, records, data and such - all mangers will be expected to register and check the forum occasionally for updated information.

STATS PLUS

We will also use Stats plus for the league

LEAGUE INTENT

This is definitely not a league for everyone, this will only appeal to very specific group. It is fictional teams, players, foreign based and hybrid and promotion/ relegation. So this in not going to be your standard league type. So please make sure it appeals to your taste before joining.

Last edited by tarmer; 05-09-2020 at 08:47 PM.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:41 PM   #3
tarmer
All Star Reserve

Teams and Divisions

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________

Old 05-09-2020, 05:29 PM   #4
tarmer
All Star Reserve

Grada 1 Teams

Last edited by tarmer; 05-09-2020 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-09-2020, 05:41 PM   #5
tarmer
All Star Reserve

Grada 2 Teams

Last edited by tarmer; 05-09-2020 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-09-2020, 11:22 PM   #6
tarmer
All Star Reserve

Santa Clara taken
Camaguey taken
San Juan taken
La Habana taken
Ponce taken

Last edited by tarmer; 05-10-2020 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-10-2020, 09:44 AM   #7
tarmer
All Star Reserve

4 teams taken - 8 left

Last edited by tarmer; 05-10-2020 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:06 PM   #8
tarmer
All Star Reserve

Ponce taken.. 7 teams left
Old 05-10-2020, 03:09 PM   #9
EKomrska15
All Star Starter

With 2 rounds how do you plan on providing talent for future years? Let alone if you do 2 rounds most of the drafts (unless you have enhanced the modifiers) will be very very weak. I like the idea this is the one concern I have.
EKomrska15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 04:09 PM   #10
tarmer
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKomrska15 View Post
With 2 rounds how do you plan on providing talent for future years? Let alone if you do 2 rounds most of the drafts (unless you have enhanced the modifiers) will be very very weak. I like the idea this is the one concern I have.
The concept behind this is to try and build teams over time not to have 15 rounds of draft and just dump players. The reason for the 2 rounds is as noted in the rules - This is meant to be a long term concept not a hurry up and win concept. I almost contemplated no draft at all and just allowed teams to build through free agent signing. The idea was these cuban and caribbean leagues did not have drafts.

So between the couple draft rounds and the availability of several free agent players it is my intent that teams can build that way and put a little work into it -

I am not in favor of changing rules at this stage because some questions arise as it changes the whole concept - If you are interested join us and we can see how this plays out - if we think as a league we need to address this we can at some future point
Old 05-11-2020, 09:47 AM   #11
tarmer
All Star Reserve

Almost halfway full - lots of people posting “searching for league” - just need to fill 7 more spots...
Old 05-11-2020, 04:33 PM   #12
tarmer
All Star Reserve

Caracas gone.. down to 6
Old 05-11-2020, 09:37 PM   #13
rocknfire7
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmer View Post

Whoa!!! Do you have a template for the HOF jersey images?
rocknfire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 09:42 AM   #14
EKomrska15
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmer View Post
The concept behind this is to try and build teams over time not to have 15 rounds of draft and just dump players. The reason for the 2 rounds is as noted in the rules - This is meant to be a long term concept not a hurry up and win concept. I almost contemplated no draft at all and just allowed teams to build through free agent signing. The idea was these cuban and caribbean leagues did not have drafts.

So between the couple draft rounds and the availability of several free agent players it is my intent that teams can build that way and put a little work into it -

I am not in favor of changing rules at this stage because some questions arise as it changes the whole concept - If you are interested join us and we can see how this plays out - if we think as a league we need to address this we can at some future point
I'm not asking to change a rule. I'm seeing if this has been tested for sustainability of the league.
EKomrska15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 11:43 AM   #15
tarmer
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKomrska15 View Post
I'm not asking to change a rule. I'm seeing if this has been tested for sustainability of the league.
No since this is inaugural season it has not.. But with the availability of free agents of various levels available during the season not sure it is an issue - but as noted we have not tested
Old 05-12-2020, 11:45 AM   #16
tarmer
All Star Reserve

Panama City taken - This leaves Unidad, Mexico City, Club Caracas, Oeste

Rosters can be seen here:

https://baseball-association.com/OOT...tml/index.html

Last edited by tarmer; 05-12-2020 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-12-2020, 01:07 PM   #17
tarmer
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknfire7 View Post
Whoa!!! Do you have a template for the HOF jersey images?
No not anymore- these were made by Kevin Harper a long time ago and after a hard disk crash and failure they are gone. I have not seen Kevin online in forever but he may still have them
Old 05-13-2020, 01:35 PM   #18
tarmer
All Star Reserve

Down to needing last 5 - would like to start next week
Old 05-13-2020, 03:35 PM   #19
tarmer
All Star Reserve

Mexico City taken...
Teams left: Santa Clara, Unidad, Oeste, Caracas

Last edited by tarmer; 05-13-2020 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:36 PM   #20
coachbilger
Bat Boy

new to ootp

I am interested, but just so you are aware I am very new to OOTP. So if you just want experienced players I get it. Having a lot of fun so far, but haven't done an online league yet. Let me know!
coachbilger is offline   Reply With Quote