Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 07-22-2019, 02:52 PM   #1
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Game Times on Schedule

I just started a 1920 alternate-ish league, but with the proper teams from that year, and all the game times for the first few weeks (and presumably after) are set to 10:05pm EST.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and know what might have caused it? I can live with there being night games, but that's a crazy time to start a baseball game
Old 07-22-2019, 04:41 PM   #2
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

What schedule are you using?
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 04:55 PM   #3
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

These are my schedule settings, but the file is just whatever the game made. The only other changes were moving the AS game to November, and a custom playoff schedule. Also playing 162 games rather than the original number.

I made quite a few settings changes such as two minor league levels for each team, no auto expansion or season-by-season adjustments. No idea if those would be related. I can't really see anything that would relate to game starting times really

(edit: some games are 9:05pm too, as well as 10:05pm)
Attached Images

Last edited by PocketsAintFull; 07-22-2019 at 04:56 PM.
PocketsAintFull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:15 PM   #4
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

Strangely, this is an issue with the schedule file itself - all the game times in that schedule are set to be played at 10:05 PM local time. Open that schedule file in your text editor of choice, and do a find-and-replace, replacing 2205 with 1905. When you re-import it the start times will be at the normal 7:05 PM local time.
Ruwisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:16 PM   #5
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

The game will automatically load one of the schedules from the schedule folder if it matches your league structure. In this case, it loaded a schedule where all the game times are 10:05 pm. Not sure why that is or how that happened, but there it is. It's an old gmo schedule and the game times are supposed to be 7:05 pm., so somewhere along the way they got switched.

Game times are purely ornamental, but if you want to change them in the future you can go into the schedule folder, find the file in question, and do a "search-and-replace" on 2205, changing it to 1905 (or whatever your preferred time would be).
Old 07-22-2019, 05:18 PM   #6
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruwisc View Post
Strangely, this is an issue with the schedule file itself - all the game times in that schedule are set to be played at 10:05 PM local time. Open that schedule file in your text editor of choice, and do a find-and-replace, replacing 2205 with 1905. When you re-import it the start times will be at the normal 7:05 PM local time.
Beat me by a minute! Note that you can't change a schedule once the season has started. Any changes you make to the schedule will only take effect the next time you use it.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:29 PM   #7
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Ah, awesome. Thanks guys

1920 will be known as 'the dark season' in future then
Old 07-23-2019, 03:43 PM   #8
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

I'm not 100% sure that they're entirely ornamental, actually. I *think* there's a small boost to offense before sunset (which I think is just set to 7pm). I could be wrong about that. If there is, note that the game generates league totals modifiers and preseason predictions by playing out the schedule you load in 3 times, so if you have, for example, an actual 20s as played schedule that you're using, the modifiers should account for this.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 02:02 AM   #9
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Thrift View Post
I'm not 100% sure that they're entirely ornamental, actually. I *think* there's a small boost to offense before sunset (which I think is just set to 7pm).
I have never heard of anything like that. Not saying that you're wrong, but I've been hanging around these boards for eight years and I can't recall anyone ever mentioning this before. And I've also never heard of anyone arguing that daytime games produce more offense. Is there any research to support this?
Old 08-03-2019, 08:13 AM   #10
Reed
All Star Starter

I have a gmo schedule and every day on the schedule are some morning games as early as 8:00AM est for games in the Midwest. I need to go in and change them sometime. Just feels weird seeing a game time that early.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 01:37 PM   #11
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

I'm not certain, but I think some of the schedules that come standard with the game pre-date the introduction of the world default file, which first appeared in version 12. It's the world default file that tells the game the time zone in which each game is played. Prior to that, all the game times were set to eastern (US) time. So a game that was supposed to start at 7:05 pm in the pacific time zone, for example, would have a starting time of 10:05 on the schedule. As a result, if you find an old file in the schedules folder or in the schedules subforum that was created before 2011, you should check to see if the game times are set to local time or to EDT.

Last edited by joefromchicago; 08-03-2019 at 01:39 PM.